• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They look nice! Looks like they brought some of that Surface Headphones design philosophy/tech into this.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope these are good, I had the xbox one versions of them and they were good but didn't last as long as I had hoped.

Deleted member 2441

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish first party manufacturers would offer high end audio equipment designed to work with their systems too.

Having a $100 headset is great but I'd like a really feature-packed, quality $500 option.

This seems nice though at that range!

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, this is a nice feature!

The rotating earcup dials of the new Xbox Wireless Headset provide an intuitive way to adjust the volume and game/chat audio balance with just a simple turn without interrupting how it rests on the player's head.

Also, fast charging is a no-brainer for a headset.

30 minutes of charging provides about 4 hours of battery life

I've been after a new headset since my Stereo Headset snapped (it's currently taped together) so this came at the right time.

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018
Was going to pick up an Arctis 9X soon but now I don't know - might wait on this if the reviews are good

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Everything that the 3D Pulse headset isn't.

This looks really good, hopefully it's good

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I've been using the steel series 3 for like 6-7 years. Can't go back now. The strap is too good. I've had to replace it a couple times but this is the most comfortable I've ever been with a headset

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Look nice, if they get good reviews I may pick them up for pc/Xbox.

I've been really disappointed with the new ps headset and wanted to buy one of those steel series ones but no usb c these days is a full stop no sale for me.

I wonder if there's a way to get these working on switch and ps5 with the Xbox dongle

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Huh, currently I consider going wireless although I love my Cloud II. I know that HyperX announced a wireless version, but that one's more expensive than this one. Would use it on PC only, if it's great

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I'm normally wary of first-party peripherals from these console makers, but I'm curious to see how these stack up against my Razer Kraken headphones.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Will this work on PC?

Yes.

With the Xbox Wireless Headset, you can play wirelessly across multiple devices including Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 PCs. The headset also connects to mobile devices via Bluetooth for on-the-go music or chat and to your console via Xbox Wireless technology just like an Xbox Wireless Controller, meaning there are no cables or dongles required. You can also simultaneously pair the headset to your phone and Xbox. That means, for example, that you can chat with a friend or – as the engineering team recalls doing – dial in to a conference call on your phone and play on your console at the same time.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Look decent, interested to see some reviews, auto mute sounds cool and glad they have sound balancing, main reason I never gave up my xbox one adapter, it's too good.

Crax

May 21, 2018
Looks good. Hope these will fit me better. I had the Arctis 7x, but they were too small for me.

Edit: If I'm reading this correctly, these don't actually require a dongle for use with an Xbox?

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
They look nice. I do like the rotating end caps used for volume and game/chat mix. Very convenient. Also the food-away mic is an always-welcome feature on gaming headphones. Overall just well thought-out.

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
Given the sound issues with Xbox wireless controllers that have been present for years, I'm passing hard on this.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they'd enable all Bluetooth headphones work. I have the Sony WH-1000XM4s and only way I can use it is by connecting it to the controller.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Pre-ordered from the MS store. Their return policy is great, so why not. Should probably put the release date and pre-order/price info in the OP.

nerdv2

Apr 23, 2019
Oh wow, I am thinking about buying Surface Headphone for my PC daily driver.
Now the choice gets interesting.

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
Damn, just bought the Arctis 7x a month ago!!! Looks and sounds like a nice set though.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
$100 seems great. Could be a easy buy when it goes on sale since I can use MS rewards points in it too.