• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

"Maleficent: Mistress of Evil" is a fantasy adventure that picks up several years after "Maleficent," in which audiences learned of the events that hardened the heart of Disney's most notorious villain and drove her to curse a baby Princess Aurora. The film continues to explore the complex relationship between the horned fairy and the soon to be Queen as they form new alliances and face new adversaries in their struggle to protect the moors and the magical creatures that reside within. The film is directed by Joachim Rønning from a story by Linda Woolverton and a screenplay by Linda Woolverton and Micah Fitzerman-Blue & Noah Harpster, the film is produced by Joe Roth, Angelina Jolie and Duncan Henderson with Matt Smith, Jeff Kirschenbaum and Michael Vieira serving as executive producers.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want Tron 3 so bad.

This doesnt look that shit. The first one was really really bad though.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
did anyone ask for another one of these instead of tron 3
It was successful unlike Tron

Because the world hates us and killer daft punk soundtracks

Also reminder Tron was legit them trying to make a new BOY toy franchise (cause they still think with those labels? Or did whenever Tron Legacy came out) and then they bought fucking Star Wars so...they dropped that idea soon after

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The first one was okay. It's really only Angelina Jolie who makes this worthwhile

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I'm in the camp that thinks the first one is pretty bad, but I also think it has some good things in it. Despite its uneven quality it gets a lot of TV play and has a bit of an audience. I think making a sequel to a mediocre movie is actually really interesting because while we expect them to just be worse they do stand the potential of being better.

Trailers are obviously intended to make movies look good but I thought this trailer did look good. I'd definitely give it a chance.

Scion

Oct 27, 2017
That looked pretty bland. I guess its an improvement over the last one since it's two women fighting over another woman instead of a rape metaphor? Don't remember liking the first one that much but only saw it the one time.

Down for Michele Pfeiffer, though.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This looks super dumb. Disney won't be tricking me into watching this like the first one, even for free.

Urgh...

Also, calling it now, Michelle Pfeiffer is the true villain.

That's so obvious it basically doesn't even deserve to be brought up lmao.

I'm in the camp that thinks the first one is pretty bad, but I also think it has some good things in it. Despite its uneven quality it gets a lot of TV play and has a bit of an audience. I think making a sequel to a mediocre movie is actually really interesting because while we expect them to just be worse they do stand the potential of being better.

Trailers are obviously intended to make movies look good but I thought this trailer did look good. I'd definitely give it a chance.

Yeah it could be better. Or it could be like these two:

220px-The_Huntsman_%E2%80%93_Winter%27s_War_poster.jpg
220px-Alice_Through_the_Looking_Glass_%282016_film%29_poster.png

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This film looks way better in this trailer than it did in the teaser. I'll probably go see it like the loser I am.

(Y'all Tron 3 is the dream but Bruce Boxleitner didn't seem like he wanted to play ball with Disney anymore the last time I heard him talk about Tron)

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I will never understand the love for Tron. I watched the first 2 recently and I thought they were horrible movies that deserve to be left in the past.

The first Tron has some charm and personality and was pretty inventive and envelope-pushing for its time.

Legashit got nothing though other than the Daft Punk soundtrack.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can get the love for the original Tron in a nostalgia sense. I can't get the love for Tron 2 at all. The only way I could describe the film would be dreary.

Oct 2, 2018
her face still looks weird AF.

it's curious that so many people watched movie 1 when it was so sorta, borderline.

Xagarath

Oct 28, 2017
North-East England
The first film was decent overall with some good ideas, and definitely one of the better Disney live-action projects, so I'm open to a sequal being at least watchable.

Blackage

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hated the first movie, hated how they turned Maleficent from a pure villain to misunderstood.

Gonna see this day 1.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Should have used the money to make Aladdin and Mulan and put it into Tron 3....but that is just my dream and it will never happen.

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, once I get over the fact it's all kind of stupid and shit....that looks kind of fun and shit. I could watch it.