• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
Xcloud. Mobile is huge in Japan.

Gatcha mobage are huge. The audience is fine with rpg lite experiences. Cloud gaming won't take off there. They just don't care as much about traditional gaming anymore and streaming it to a mobile device won't change a thing

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I forsee a lot of japanese people skipping the first hour, then.
Gatcha mobage are huge. The audience is fine with rpg lite experiences. Cloud gaming won't take off there. They just don't care as much about traditional gaming anymore and streaming it to a mobile device won't change a thing
Aren't slow internet speeds in certain areas of Japan also a problem? At least, I remember hearing about that a few years ago.

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis is 100% confirmed btw:

"Additionally, Sega has announced a new, open-world PSO 2 update called New Genesis, due out in 2021. This update is being released in lieu of a new episode to bring the 8-year-old graphics engine up to date, worldwide. Details on New Genesis are light at the moment, but Sega says it will reveal more in the Tokyo Game Show timeframe later this year"

Link

I'm assuming it will be at the Xbox opening, can't wait 👀

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
What if its just more persona spin offs followed by a cryptic persona 6 teaser?
I honestly don't think that will happen, as much as Atlus loves to do that. Their big promotion right now is for Nocturne HD, so I fully expect a bunch of footage of that, but I think SMTV is their next big project to promote. Ever since Scramble they haven't focused too much on Persona spinoffs.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Jet Set Radio Infinite
PSO3
Let's do it!

from my understanding new genesis is basically PSO3

www.resetera.com

What is Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis?

Announcing Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis "Today we proudly announce Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis (PSO2: NGS). Read this article for more details on what to expect in the next big PSO2 experience, coming in 2021! We want to express our heartfelt appreciation for every single player...

Different gameplay systems, graphics engine overhaul, etc.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
thats funny. Why is everyone making a big deal out of this year's TGS? Is something going to be announced?

People are just more thirsty for more gaming news with the new consoles around the corner, e3 cancelled, underwhelming events, some folks are stuck at home, worldwide pandemic, etc.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
People are kidding themselves if they think SE will reveal FFXVI there.

Shads

Jun 6, 2020
Time for some more CG trailers from Microsoft... But seriously though, that's good on them to actually put an effort this time around. I doubt it'll make much of a difference unless there's some megaton announcement like Sega being bought or that they actually have the Final Fantasy or FromSoftware exclusives (don't bet on it). Something that I would love to see is if MS announces backward compatibility with... Dreamcast.

Axel Stone

Jan 10, 2020
Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis is 100% confirmed btw:

"Additionally, Sega has announced a new, open-world PSO 2 update called New Genesis, due out in 2021. This update is being released in lieu of a new episode to bring the 8-year-old graphics engine up to date, worldwide. Details on New Genesis are light at the moment, but Sega says it will reveal more in the Tokyo Game Show timeframe later this year"

Link

I'm assuming it will be at the Xbox opening, can't wait 👀

It was at the last Xbox show. Could turn up again from the sounds of things.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Two new DW games getting announced? Musuo season is finally upon us. Hopefully it's better than DW9 and WO4U

Toybasher

Nov 21, 2017
20:00 ~ 20:50 - Konami information program

"Contra, Gradius, Twinbee, Castlevania...[45 mins later] ... Metal Gear, Parodius, Silent Hill, Xexex... these are but a handful of the IPs we're going to do nothing with ! enjoy the rest of TGS!"

Don't forget Bloody Roar and Frogger.

I think they will be revealing something. It probably won't be a new Silent Hill but it might be remasters/rereleases of the MGS collection or Silent Hill collection.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
What I want: FF7R info, Elden Ring reveal, new big JRPG or Japanese action RPG from Xbox Global Publishing, Series S specially designed to be sleek and fit in your tiny Tokyo apartment, announcement of a new Xbox Japan Studio.

What we'll get: sizzle reel of games coming to Japanese Game Pass

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Did they talk about the TGS event on Xbox Wire?

If they didn't I'm guessing the event really isn't relevant.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The only chance for SNK to announce something will be on the XBOX showcase stuff, but last time when MS revealed all the companies that were working on the Series X they weren't included

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Huh. Very surprised Xbox is kicking things off, hopefully it'll be interesting. I suppose it'd be fair to assume we'll see more of Scarlet Nexus which would be pretty nice as it's looking pretty good so far.

broderm

Jun 15, 2020
No doubt that it will be all about Game Pass and japanese titles coming to it. Maybe a day one surprises like...maybe, Yakuza 7!?

TGR Onix

Nov 3, 2017
What exactly is the opening show though? That hour before xbox... Will it be worth tuning in?

Deleted member 70824

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2020
Yeah. They were really losing sleep.

kid20rc1z.gif
What was actually said:
"What a stupid question. Xbox One all day baybeeee".

guill

Nov 14, 2017
At this point this is getting out of hand, are they planning to talk about price on october?