• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017
2 Dynasty Warriors games? interesting, they could just be DW9 Xtreme Lengends and Empires, but I feel like a DW10 and something else more likely but what? Godseekers 2? another attempt at a fighter now that DOA6 is dead?

No SNK hurts so much, KOF15 better be perfect when revealed or people going to ruin any chance the game could have before it even releases

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
I suppose that will be a hardware presentation and some game pass announcements. Maybe xCloud for Japan. Spencer is trying his best to get japanese devs on his platform, people can't deny that.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So there's a SE showcase. Final Fantasy XVI has to be really soon to get announced.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
IIRC didn't MS announce some big hardware news (either price or release date) at TGS back in the 360 days? Wouldn't be surprised if they did something similar here again, alongside pushing Yakuza 7 and various Bamco games they've had marketing for

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Microsoft Japan seems to be the one organizing that showcase so I don't know if we should expect big news. I think the US company will do a digital show soon where they announce Serie S, Gamepass news and show unnanounced games.

Sia

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 9, 2020
Canada
No Sony, I wonder if we will get any Sony news at all in September

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Xloud could be a huge deal in Japan. Paying $15 a month to access tons of games on your mobile device could be a game changer. Image being able to say that you can play monster hunter at a Cafe with your friends again (covid withstanding.)

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
XBox leading off TGS. What a year 2020 has turned out to be.

Seems Japan special show... Not sure if they will announce anything new other than showcasing Japanese version.

The Gematsu or Siliconera article marked it with Spike Chunsoft so I expect it's mostly a primer for the Japanese audience

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
It's encouraging to see an Xbox presence at TGS, hopefully they continue to make strides with Japanese developers.

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
I really hope we already have the date, price and pre-orders out when this comes around.

They can't possibly keep quiet until late September when the release is in November...right? right?

Athrum

Oct 18, 2019
Babylon's Fall, wooohoo!!!
As expected nothing on Project Awakening or Granblue form Cygames (sigh)

Rpgmonkey

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft, Namco plz...just a crumb of info on Tales of Arise and/or Elden Ring...

That aside I hope the Atlus show has something on SMTV.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
I want exciting Final Fantasy stuff and cool visual novels from Spike Chunsoft!

I hope we get some fun stuff.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be excited for Final Fantasy XVI potentially but if we don't get/have confirmation of an English version of those announcement streams I won't get too hyped.

Excited to see what Microsoft's gonna bring though.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Mostly hoping on some surprises but nice to see more Ryza on the schedule.

Liabe Brave

Professionally Enhanced
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, ok. Seems like an important year to have some presence.
Agreed. And note that Sony didn't do a pre-TGS conference last year, so there's no guarantee they will now either.

It's encouraging to see an Xbox presence at TGS, hopefully they continue to make strides with Japanese developers.
Xbox Japan is already at TGS every year, though. And they've done streaming shows before too. (Though from their booth on the floor a la Treehouse rather than a press conference style. And that obviously won't happen this year.)

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Hell yeah! Hopefully we actually see some Xbox Series X next gen gameplay running on an Xbox Series X. No last-gen ports please.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Will we see what RGG is working on? Would love a Judgement 2.

This appears to be Sega's only bit:

20:00 – Sega / Atlus TV (YouTube) – Check out Sega / Atlus' lineup featuring existing and upcoming titles releasing this fall.

Seems like they're just focusing on this year... Which is a bit confusing since I didn't think they had much releasing in Japan? Yakuza 7, Persona Scramble, and 13 Sentinels are already out there.

Could be that they'll show some stuff at Microsoft

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Not expecting much form MS here but if Elden Ring appeared, Monster Hunter World Series X update or Sega games on Game Pass... That would be good for me!

I expect MS to talk Game Pass for Japan launch. I think they have been testing already, so a launch with some bigger Japanese titles, would be perfect.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Another opportunity for Elden Ring hopes to be shattered by someone or something.