• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I think it was in a Nintendo direct trailer or maybe the Square e3 one but yeah, I was really surprised.
Man I've seen all of them, but totally missed that part.
Guess I wasn't really paying attention. But sweet they are adding stuff.

EDIT: Checked the trailer again and yeah they are talking in it.
And I know why I didn't react to that. I thought it was like that in the original.
Never played it.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Voice acting requires that the script is written in a certain way. Games with no voice acting are written differently; you can't just slap voices on them when it wasn't originally intended.

Even Vagrant Story, a game almost universally lauded for its great script, wasn't written with voice acting in mind. Yasumi Matsuno explicitly confirmed that if the game were to be voiced, his script would have to be significantly rewritten to account for things like tone and diction.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
Getting ready for Final Fantasy VIII Remake too, huh? Arigathanks, Squeenix. I'll be waiting on the PS6.

Nov 2, 2017
I feel like voicing the entire script in not one but two languages seems like a huge amount of work and time for something that was not expected in any way for this game.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WEIRD.

A shame it appears they are doing nothing to the backgrounds if they are putting the work to add voice.

Error404

Oct 29, 2017
I can't believe this is for the entire script of the game. But if it turned out to be that way, holy shit that's incredible.

Jangowuzhere

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seems like something they would mention during the announcement and not far after the fact.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_lpn8ebnZkV1qb8m44o1_400.jpg

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
Is it weird that I'm more excited for this than VII Remake
It's a more down to Earth update rather than the wild, ambitious one FFVII is getting, and TBH this is what I really would've wanted out of an FFVII update anyway. I just need a fresh translation and maybe recreated backgrounds following the original designs.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
If true, i bet it's only battle voices or something like this. Imagine doing lip synch for all possibly voiced cutscenes? SE would never reach this far for a remaster lol

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
If true, holy shit. That's above and beyond what I'd expect from a remaster. Fingers crossed, I'd love this!

Xshade90

Nov 2, 2017
If they were to include voice acting, which is kind of a surprise feature that would market the game as much more than a simple remaster, don't you think they should have made it clear in the e3 trailer about it? Seems weird to them to not have it included...

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I'd only be okay with this if someone tells out "WOO WOO!!" every time Doom Train is summoned.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This has to be a mistake.

Because being able to add voice acting but being unable to make battles run higher than 15fps would unreasonably annoy me frankly.

PARAdoja

Oct 27, 2017
What if whoever made the website was also responsible for making the Crystal Chronicles remaster and got the two games confused concerning this feature

Bingo.

Besides, it's in the source code from the web site, it's not really "public". They're well allowed to use incomplete/incorrect text at that stage.

Nov 15, 2017
Looks like the message was changed

Widely beloved, FINAL FANTASY VIII casts unlikely heroes into a war to save the world. The military nation of Galbadia has declared war on the Dukedom of Dollet, who are left with no choice but to hire a mercenary force for their defense. Enter SeeD and its newest member: Squall Leonhart. Together with his friends, Squall joins Rinoa Heartilly, a member of a resistance group, on an adventure that holds the fate of their world in its balance. FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered marks the 20th Anniversary of its original release with a complete visual refresh and brings the game's classic story to modern platforms: Steam, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. With fully overhauled visuals, see your favorite characters come to life like never before!

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the message was changed

Widely beloved, FINAL FANTASY VIII casts unlikely heroes into a war to save the world. The military nation of Galbadia has declared war on the Dukedom of Dollet, who are left with no choice but to hire a mercenary force for their defense. Enter SeeD and its newest member: Squall Leonhart. Together with his friends, Squall joins Rinoa Heartilly, a member of a resistance group, on an adventure that holds the fate of their world in its balance. FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered marks the 20th Anniversary of its original release with a complete visual refresh and brings the game's classic story to modern platforms: Steam, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. With fully overhauled visuals, see your favorite characters come to life like never before!
The dream is dead