• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
8N0Zyb6.jpg

time to be king for a minute
I got two chicken dinners in the chinese version. Shit was so easy.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
All you guys are playing with high graphics, while I'm a pleb with Huawei MediaPad T3 and everything on low :(

Well at least it's working fine

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think it must be bots

First game I got 6 kills, looted an AWM with no contest, and died at #2 against the one of the only players who seemed like an actual human

Second game I looted two crates easy for an AUG and Mk14 at which point I coasted to victory with 11 kills. I ran over a guy too.

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
First game ever, 9 kills, winner winner chicken dinner.

This game is sooooo slow to Fortnite, yeesh. Was bored out of my mind most of it. It plays quite well though!

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
First game ever, 9 kills, winner winner chicken dinner.

This game is sooooo slow to Fortnite, yeesh. Was bored out of my mind most of it. It plays quite well though!

If you want a more intense game you should drop into the hot zones. School, military base, etc. they have the best loot and the most players jumping out at that spot.

and like others in this thread said, the first few games your playing mostly bots with some other humans.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Ok wow. Fortnite fan, but this version of PUBG run pretty great, like waaay better than Fortnite on Ipad Air 2. Plus there is ton of option to customize control. Fortnite better fix their game on IOS, cause i will be giving time to PUBG. It seriously play great!

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Here's $12,000,000 worth of content we created....for FREE"

Yeah, they're making bank!
H mean, yes, they are undoubtedly making bank, but giving away that content has nothing to do with whatsoever lol. It's content from a dead game they stopped supporting, and they are using that content that would otherwise not be used to make their engine that they license even more attractive to developers. It has nothing to do with "making bank" because they aren't losing those 12$ million by giving the assets away lol

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
Like 100% surprised it starts at all on my iPhone 6, and it even runs pretty decent at lowest settings! WHY CAN'T I PLAY FORTNITE ON HERE?

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe because its cross play?

Epic Games can only lower the visual settings so far before it becomes an advantage.

But the mobile port of fortnite doesn't support controllers (from what I heard, played it but haven't tried connecting any controllers to my iPad), so don't PC players and console players already have an advantage?

And wouldn't players running high end for PUBG on mobile have an advantage over those running the low end settings for PUBG?

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
Played on the work's cellphone (iPhone 6+) and it runs quite well to my surprise.

gblues

Oct 25, 2017
Tigard, OR
Took me a while to find it in the App Store. Searching for "PUBG" or "Playerunknown Battlegrounds" gives you knockoffs (e.g. PUBG Pocket).

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
I wish the xbox version ran as good as this...

I can't handle mobile controls for this or fortnite on my phone but maybe I'll try on the wifes new iPad

Dec 18, 2017
Still waiting for Tera M. Perhaps I should Lineage II, or check out a Tera apk.

I sure wish I understood the appeal of this very popular game. I'm just not a person with violent instincts or something I guess.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe because its cross play?

Epic Games can only lower the visual settings so far before it becomes an advantage.
Possibly. In all likelihood, it's because PUBG is redeveloped for mobile as a separate game and probably has tons less going on under the hood, whereas Fortnite is a straight port (which is because they wanted to have cross-play, so you're still right)

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
If you want a more intense game you should drop into the hot zones. School, military base, etc. they have the best loot and the most players jumping out at that spot.

and like others in this thread said, the first few games your playing mostly bots with some other humans.
Bots, really? Damn I feel lame as hell now, just got a 2nd win in a row lmao

The final guy in my second match was bush camping so I'm confident that wasn't a bot hahaha

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Bots, really? Damn I feel lame as hell now, just got a 2nd win in a row lmao

The final guy in my second match was bush camping so I'm confident that wasn't a bot hahaha

Lmao, no worries. I didn't know either until I read this forum :(, I felt pretty good about myself too. But yea apparently the first few matches are bots to help you get use to the game.

I've only played the Xbox version, but the best mode imo is with squads. If you have friends try it out. I noticed it had mic support so I guess it has voice chat?

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
This game feels really weird in that it's not exactly the same game. Most of the building interiors are drastically different on the inside despite looking the same outside, there's weird little options not present in the main game, you can only have two guns with no distinction between main and pistol slots, and the ballistics are reduced to simply having a travel time (at least for sniper rifles) as opposed to drop and drag and damaged falloff and all that, so it feels way simplified compared to the base game.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
This is really fun. I'm too hooked on Fortnite to play PUBG on my PC anymore but I was missing it and this hits the same spot pretty well actually. I got #2 my first match with 9 kills, just a little mad that the last guy got me. I'e never really played any full 3D games on a phone. I imagine I will like this much more than Fortnite mobile with trying to build in that game.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I'm really looking forward to see how this controls. Playing a precise shooter on a touch screen where your thumbs are always in the way sounds like the worst thing ever but I've heard it's still better than the Xbone version.

Acido

Oct 31, 2017
It runs well on my Moto Z. This is my first time playing these games and I didn't know you had teammates? I thought it was a massive free for all. The controls are kinda sloppy. It's making me consider getting the gamepad moto mod.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
It runs well on my Moto Z. This is my first time playing these games and I didn't know you had teammates? I thought it was a massive free for all. The controls are kinda sloppy. It's making me consider getting the gamepad moto mod.

You can choose which mode you want at the main menu. Preset is squad I think.

Applesaucejaxon

Uncle actually worked at Nintendo
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Got a win on my second game. I kind of like it for a mobile game. A lot easier, but fun! I'm surprised it works as well as it does, honestly.