• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
img_20200919_1324445gjxg.png
Looks like a security hole to me. I think external SSD is gonna be the way. Of course we need more details.

CorrisD

Oct 25, 2017
Damn she's a big girl, but it's all good.

Will be interested to see where the expansion slot is going to be, it looks like it might be at the top in either the piece with the hole or the bit underneath. Hopefully we get a breakdown video soon.

Still hoping to find out the white panels come off and can be changed to something else, like a nice black, or even maybe with a stand built in.

Oct 26, 2017

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018
This is one hideous looking console, especially horizontally placed.

Good this I went with DE and will use it vertically.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Ugly as sin, but that matters little to me. Just hope it's silent, really hope for details on that soon.

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really dig the design. I hate boring console looks!

Era: It's ugly
Girlfriend: It's beautiful

I love her :)

Applebite

Oct 27, 2017
I would have to think that this design is focused on making it less noisy. Would be shocking if it was as noisy as the PS4 Pro.

Hermii

Oct 27, 2017
I would have to think that this design is focused on making it less noisy. Would be shocking if it was as noisy as the PS4 Pro.
I do want to believe after all the criticism that got, they did prioritize noise this time. Also it doesn't make sense to have a super advanced 3D audio chip if the console itself is going to drown the sound anyway.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
The look of this thing hasn't aged well, and it's not even released yet. I do like the use of white, blue and black, though. Hopefully the revision maintains these colors.

johancruijff

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
vertical reminds me of the Atari symbol
i don't get what the base is supposed to clamp on in the horizontal position...?

edit: nvm

EiQ2KyNXsAAIP3i

it clamps on the edge of the fin in the back, i thought it went in the middle

Last edited:

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A great combination: huge and ugly. Where the hell am I going to put this thing, I don't think it's going to fit behind my TV like I planned...

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
Wait...so that clamp on the stand must rotate right? Otherwise it would be sticking out at a funny angle in the vertical position. Or maybe you can remove it?

I wish we had accurate dimensions for the stand, I need to know if it can fit on my shelf.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I both admire and hate how it looks. I am wondering where the fucking thing is going to go on Nov 19th. It won't fit in the Ikea Expedit shelves, that's for sure.

Absolute beast.

Plumpman

Jan 24, 2018
So what your saying is this probably doesn't fit in an IKEA Kallax Shelf? I might have to rethink my purchase because of that. Dang it.

Gvon

Oct 25, 2017
Not fussed about the size because like my other systems it will be behind my TV. For better or worse I'm actually looking forward to seeing it in person.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
That HDMI cable looks quite short, might have it get a 2.1 one that's a little longer. Also, still can't find the expansion slot for the storage. Maybe under one of its wings!

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
How the "largest projection" can ended up being 100mm more?!
My cabinet is 450mm, I am doomed. And now I need to find a way to put it vertically (and I have a cat...).

I suspect the "largest projection" is referring to the stands clamp that adds a few mm to 390mm or the 260mm depending on the orientation you use.

Deleted member 32135

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
My god is this thing a mess design wise.

A look at that intrincated base design just shows how unnecessary over the top the design is. Its like designing a fucking chair and then having to buy two extra legs at IKEA so it can stand still. Just terrible.

Last edited:

Supoman

Oct 28, 2017
It looks kinda okay while standing but on it's side... my God it looks like a clamp shell lol.

lazerface

Banned
Feb 23, 2020
What a ridiculous looking console lol, hoping I like it more in person. Anyway, we don't buy consoles because of how they look right?

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
vertical reminds me of the Atari symbol
i don't get what the base is supposed to clamp on in the horizontal position...?

edit: nvm

EiQ2KyNXsAAIP3i

it clamps on the edge of the fin in the back, i thought it went in the middle

Yep, I think in both horizontal or vertical position, the clamp rotates around and snaps onto the back vents. Pretty cool.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
So if I put it horizontally one side will be showing heaps of labeling and barcodes... why didn't they somehow work that on the back.

I actually like that it's thicker than I thought, less of a pancake and more of a triple whopper.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
I love me some thiccness and this is THICC. I like it. I like that it doesn't look boring and flat.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Man, it's kinda a huge bummer. I don't wanna change my living room setup for a console, and it'll stick out like a sore thumb. Gah!

Yeah same here! I just don't know right now, it's annoying. The PS4 was such a compact, discreet little system in comparison. Easy! This fucking thing, Jesus!

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I guess Sony will sell a lot of the revision/Pro model which look less like a router 😂

Deleted member 32135

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
What a ridiculous looking console lol, hoping I like it more in person. Anyway, we don't buy consoles because of how they look right?

I mean no... But why should they look fucking awful?

So if I put it horizontally one side will be showing heaps of labeling and barcodes... why didn't they somehow work that on the back.

Because the side position is totally an after thought. Just another sign of bad design practice.