• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
So this is just Baby but unlike Baby arc the sins of the father angle isn't even subtle because Bardock literally kills off Granolahs people, all righty then.
We will see how this plays out, but GT keeps looking a little better sometimes.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
dragon-ball-character-name-origins_5344f701d5b50_w1500.png

They gotta update the list

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
So what color will gokus SSj-hair be this time to wipe the floor with ascended oatmeal Granolah after 20 chapters of "this time vegeta will get the kill, 100%"

I say first 2-colored hair.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yea but I highly highly doubt they were thinking of that when they picked her name. Kale as a name in Western countries is about as popular as "Bracken" lol.
Oh they definitely weren't. That's why I was saying they lucked out that Kale happens to be a real name. But like, Granolah, from Cereal

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Huh, guess he's not a Tuffle. Toriyama really likes to march to the beat of his own drum.

It wouldn't be the first idea taken from the non canon stuff of the past. If that is the case then you know what's coming!

75caff0ce3b6a913a1d0fca79ffce4ee.gif
Super Broly is basically SSJ4, though, and apparently he's entirely unique in that regard, so SSJ4 returning in its original concept is a no-go. (Also, Super Saiyan God is basically SSJ4 but significantly more powerful and using a different power source.)

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, guess he's not a Tuffle. Toriyama really likes to march to the beat of his own drum.

Super Broly is basically SSJ4, though, and apparently he's entirely unique in that regard, so SSJ4 returning in its original concept is a no-go. (Also, Super Saiyan God is basically SSJ4 but significantly more powerful and using a different power source.)

Oh like any of that matters. This is Dragon Ball. They'll just call it Super Saiyan Hairy and it'll be stronger than UI just because.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Oh like any of that matters. This is Dragon Ball. They'll just call it Super Saiyan Hairy and it'll be stronger than UI just because.

There's exactly zero chance they'll make the new hotness inferior to something Toriyama didn't create just because some hardcore's love it.

They even had SS4 Goku shit his pants when he saw UI Goku in the Heroes anime.

At best SS4 will be canonized for a side character, with Broly being a likely candidate. That or the concept of SS4 will be completely reworked

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

SS4 isn't a Toriyama design though, which makes it very unlikely it'd suddenly appear in a big main role replacing Toriyama forms and designs. At best, you'll see it used someday by a side character.

Edit: And I just noticed there is an almost identical post above.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hyped for this. I only see negativity here about the last arc of the manga but I enjoyed it a lot.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's exactly zero chance they'll make the new hotness inferior to something Toriyama didn't create just because some hardcore's love it.

They even had SS4 Goku shit his pants when he saw UI Goku in the Heroes anime.

At best SS4 will be canonized for a side character, with Broly being a likely candidate. That or the concept of SS4 will be completely reworked

Using Dragon Ball Heroes of all things as your example isn't exactly convincing.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
And since it cannot be stated enough, Toyotaro ruined any possibilities of a good story involving yet another stronger opponent, the moment he gave Goku Ultra Instinct at will. How do you go beyond that? Super Ultra Ins- oh...