• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
s-l640.jpg
lmao

Apparently they do it quite literally as well haha

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
The last of us 2 - 1080p60fps on this will sell alot of system if possible.

And if bloodborne is rocking 60fps on this, era will become sonyERA in a heartbeat

Zaki2407

May 6, 2018
Inside Sony HQ a few hours before.

Sony PR guy 1 : "hmmm... It's pretty difficult to control leaks these days. What should we do?"
Sony PR guy 2 : "You know what? just release it to the press. sooner or later they will find out about it from some where. It,s cheaper this way."
Sony PR guy 1 : "Okay. Yo Cerny!! call some press dude and do some interview about PS5!!"
Cerny : "WHATT??"
Sony PR guy 2 : " Yeah, explain to them the basic stuff. That'll keep 'em busy for the next few months"
Cerny : "Oh, ok then"

A few hours later...

The Internet : "OMG!!!!!!!!!!"

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I don't understand why people think 60 will ever become a standard. It's always up to the devs, you can have as much power as you want and some would still choose 30.

I think it should be a standard, but if it limits ideas then no, I mean a game like BOTW is 30fps for a reason.

Arkaign

Nov 25, 2017
Left unsaid, but basically a lock with the new HDMI standard : PS5 (and next Xbox) should support Variable Refresh Rate. This is honestly going to be huge for people, but is really really hard to get across without showing them in person (much like VR, you have to directly experience it to GET it).

Of course it will require a freesync monitor or new TV (compatible sets will be widely available this fall/winter).

Oct 30, 2017
I hope that snippet about the heavy focus on VR turns out to be false. I really have no interest in that crap.

-PSVR2 in 2020 also,reveal with ps5,big resolution boost probably 2560x1440,120hz,220 field of view,eye tracking,wireless,battery life 4-5 hours,headphones integrated,less motion sickenss,no breaker box,much less cable management,much more focus on VR for aaa games,price around 250$

Damn…

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
I think Death Stranding will be the flagship title at launch in fall 2020 like BoTW was for Switch and the Wii U.
Then 2021 you get Horizon 2 (exclusive to PS5 obviously).

I'm not expecting as heavy a software drought from first party during the early years of PS5.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
All that stuff sounds cool but let's see what we actually get lol.

I'm still interested in seeing if BC will get other upgrades aside from just loading (which is much appreciated).

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Walked into the next gen speculation thread, saw someone calling Mark Cerny "a liar" because of the details he listed for the PS5. I couldn't take the amount of sodium being thrown around there so had to retreat asap...

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Backward Compatibility was a given, they wouldn't change architectures.
Now, ray-tracing and that ultra-fast SSD are surprising. This thing will be expensive at launch.

PapaShango

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty anti-climactic release for me.

Hardware's strong as expected, SONY needed to make this BC - expected..."press release" disappointingly low key.

Could be the weather

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
The last of us 2 - 1080p60fps on this will sell alot of system if possible.

And if bloodborne is rocking 60fps on this, era will become sonyERA in a heartbeat

We're probably looking at 4k60 for TLOU2

RDR2 already runs at 4K30 on Xbox One X so I could only assume PS5 will be a good deal more powerful.

note: I have no idea what the rumors/leaks are, I'm probably talking out of my ass here.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
So it's compatible with PSVR with no breakout box, the system itself has to have an HDMI passthrough port and that other weird port they use to connect the PSVR.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping for BC across all past main platforms but I'll settle for PS4. Looks like I'll be future proofing my fat PS3 as best I can.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
Either Cerny is bullshitting for PR or Sony has invented SSD's faster than m.2
It wouldn't be the first time he's lied about console related features, but maybe they're going to use some sort of cube memory but using the nvme interface?

If they're talking about the PS5 this early before E3 they're either slightly confident or really shook. Maybe Microsoft is announcing they're buying AMD in June?

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How is BC and cross-gen launches games going to work? Like what would be the point?

Don't you remember beginning of this gen when sales for cross-gen titles were down heavily because people were waiting till they upgraded console before buying those games?

Some publishers even provided cheap "upgrade" options to get people to buy last gen games, providing them with the PS4/One version for a reduced price.

They'll just put out one disc to cover both games.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
WTF, nice surprise. Good one Sony.

SSD, awesome. BC, awesome. New CPU that is powerful for once, awesome, ray tracing, awesome.

Sounds great.

Makes me think Microsoft won't be shy either this year about next gen.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
I call bull on the better than any solution on pc

So they are saying they have something better than nvme with direct pci'e lanes - okay
Well it's been discussed earlier and was found to be possible. It's just something that's better now compared to anything on the market because it's supposed to release in the same timeframe as PS5 lol.

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
The important thing here is BC with the PS4, not the others.

I got hundreds of digital PS4 games, and none from previous consoles.

Also I want to play Bloodborne/Spiderman/Horizon/The Witcher 3/DS3/Ni-Oh DLC's on my PS5, been saving them for that, and to finally get my GoW platinum, but I have no desire to play old ps3 games tbh.

This is the first true digital gen and it will show next gen when most gamers will just stick to their current ecosystem, making PS5 the sure winner
Believe it ot not, some people still have their PS1/2/3 games. On disc. And they still want to play it, but what if they do not have their consoles anymore? Anyway, each individual wants what they judge would be best for their needs, you, me, and everyone else. Not everyone will win, though.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Yesss

B/c with PS4 is amazing cause my PS4 backlog is too huge ;)

Wish the same for older systems and if not at least hope they offer a classics program