• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
Via Famitsu

As rumored early this week, PixelJunk Eden 2 will be available on the eShop on December 10. Pre-order is live now in Europe/Asia with a -34% discount running until December 16.

10 levels
2 players local co-op

Original soundtrack (out the same day) is composed by Baiyon. 15 songs, including 2 remixes from Eden 1 and 2 bonus tracks.

d70348-1-253075-9.jpg

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
That cover art upsets me.

Loved the first one, am in for the second one.

toph

Oct 28, 2017
Is this releasing on any other platforms? I played the first one a bunch on PS3 and I own it on Steam.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Pixeljunk Eden is one of my top 10 favorite games ever. My brother and I made number 5 on the two player leaderboard under my old user name MyNameIsJake. We liked it so much we did it again and got number 4, under the name NoMyNameIsJake.

I will be buying this for sure. I hope it comes to a 4k system further down the line, but I will buy it anywhere and everywhere they release it.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
Seems cool but I need to try it first so I'm happy about this getting a demo.

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
I remember buying the first one on PS3 because it was one of the first game at the time to support trophies. I didn't really enjoy my time with it but I'm glad to see a sequel for those who do.

Presskohle

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Eden was one of my most favorite PS3 games, Q-Games really had a run back then (Monsters, Eden & Shooter).

Preordering it for 8€-something was a no-brainer, but I hope other versions will follow - I would love to see the game in full 4K glory.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Eden was one of my most favorite PS3 games, Q-Games really had a run back then (Monsters, Eden & Shooter).

Preordering it for 8€-something was a no-brainer, but I hope other versions will follow - I would love to see the game in full 4K glory.

It feels as though they're just trying to relive those highlights now, sadly. I was very disappointed in Pixeljunk Monsters 2, as it seemed to misunderstand why Monsters 1 was so good.

This one does look good though. I hope it hits more platforms.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Wow so strange I was thinking about the first game just the other day and couldn't remember what it was called. Pixel junk made some great little games during the ps3 era and I haven't been aware of anything they've done since. Will check this out

Presskohle

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
It feels as though they're just trying to relive those highlights now, sadly. I was very disappointed in Pixeljunk Monsters 2, as it seemed to misunderstand why Monsters 1 was so good.

This one does look good though. I hope it hits more platforms.
Sadly, I know exactly what you mean. PJM2 was a disappointment for me and a veerry huge one for my wife (she easily played the first one for over 100+h). Seeing those 'perk potions' makes me a little bit nervous, but just lets hope for the best.

If its shit, I just imagine that I paid 8€ for the OST, while listening it on Apple Music. :)

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Sadly, I know exactly what you mean. PJM2 was a disappointment for me and a veerry huge one for my wife (she easily played the first one for over 100+h). Seeing those 'perk potions' makes me a little bit nervous, but just lets hope for the best.

If its shit, I just imagine that I paid 8€ for the OST, while listening it on Apple Music. :)

I enjoyed PJM2 enough but it was just like, worse than the first one with better graphics, sadly.

At first glance this one does look good in my opinion. But I also recall feeling that way about PJM2 before playing it. I think the beauty of the pixeljunk games is in their simplicity. PJM2 was basically the same game, but I found the camera made it so that you couldn't see the whole field at one time. So it lost some of it's simplicity there, for the sake of better visuals I guess. Eden 2 on the surface at least, looks more like the original... which is a good thing.

I didn't really have strong feelings for Eden 1 either, which is a benefit. It was a pretty fun, relaxing experience but I wouldn't say I loved it. So in that sense I'm probably a bit more open to them changing the formula and forgetting the previous. I can't really even remember the first game today. I think I can remember the first and second stages at best.

PushDustIn

Oct 25, 2017
I'm now working at Q-Games, and I'm helping out with the PR for Eden 2. Please let me know if you have any questions about the game. I was a huge fan of the first title, so I feel very fortunate to be working on its sequel!

OP
OP
manustany

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
I'm now working at Q-Games, and I'm helping out with the PR for Eden 2. Please let me know if you have any questions about the game. I was a huge fan of the first title, so I feel very fortunate to be working on its sequel!
Congrats! I've been lucky enough to visit the studio in Kyoto a few years ago and chat with Dylan and Baiyon. Good times!

I saw a couple of people in this thread saying that there's a playable demo coming soon, can you tell us if/when will be available?

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Is there any HD rumble? My brother and I were talking about features rumble could bring to the table, like having a "circle" of rumble when you're swinging, getting stronger depending on your combo level, etc.

So awesome this is just a week away, I was just talking about it like 2 days before the announcement.

Oct 26, 2017
KastuśKalinoŭski in the other thread says it looks like it takes after or even is Eden Obscura on mobile. How true is that and why call it 2 if it's at least possibly a port of that?

PushDustIn

Oct 25, 2017
KastuśKalinoŭski in the other thread says it looks like it takes after or even is Eden Obscura on mobile. How true is that and why call it 2 if it's at least possibly a port of that?

My history: I played through Eden originally on the PS3 waaaay back in the day, and I've played Obscura a bit (only a few hours). Also, I have a lot of hands-on experience with PixelJunk Eden 2 (over 10 hours) and I can assure you that PixelJunk Eden 2 feels like an actual console experience and is closer to the original than Obscura. With Obscura, you are limited in the play sessions that you have, you need to use your phone camera in some parts, and the screen size is much smaller. Because of that, the number of jumps you have is increased. Also, this is me personally speaking, I feel the timer is quite harsh in some parts.

Just having the controller, having your full TV screen makes a huge difference in terms of the experience you get. In addition, PixelJunk Eden 2 has multiplayer, new content, and you aren't limited by the phone and play sessions. With Obscura, I kind of felt like I was always flicking from one platform to the next frantically, while with Eden 2, I feel much more relaxed and into the game allowing me to get into the groove more! There's a lot of quality of life changes that I'll be highlighting more of when the game is officially out :).

Doomburrito

Feb 9, 2018
My history: I played through Eden originally on the PS3 waaaay back in the day, and I've played Obscura a bit (only a few hours). Also, I have a lot of hands-on experience with PixelJunk Eden 2 (over 10 hours) and I can assure you that PixelJunk Eden 2 feels like an actual console experience and is closer to the original than Obscura. With Obscura, you are limited in the play sessions that you have, you need to use your phone camera in some parts, and the screen size is much smaller. Because of that, the number of jumps you have is increased. Also, this is me personally speaking, I feel the timer is quite harsh in some parts.

Just having the controller, having your full TV screen makes a huge difference in terms of the experience you get. In addition, PixelJunk Eden 2 has multiplayer, new content, and you aren't limited by the phone and play sessions. With Obscura, I kind of felt like I was always flicking from one platform to the next frantically, while with Eden 2, I feel much more relaxed and into the game allowing me to get into the groove more! There's a lot of quality of life changes that I'll be highlighting more of when the game is officially out :).

So...it still essentially is an enhanced port of Obscura? That's a bit lame.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I'm fine with it being an enhanced Obscura, honestly, because as much as I love the franchise I just couldn't get into it on my phone.

Besides, the ideal experience for me is going to involve my brother and I getting high as shit and playing a single level for 3 hours at a time, so

PushDustIn

Oct 25, 2017
So...it still essentially is an enhanced port of Obscura? That's a bit lame.

"Enhanced port" is a not correct as Obscura is a spin off title. Obscura has a lot of its designs geared towards how people use mobile devices - - even requiring players to use the camera to capture colors at points to complete levels/get bonuses or to even play the game in general. The unlock system in Obscura is also random, which is different from how it operates in the main series.

PixelJunk Eden 2 is a proper return to form, and a proper sequel. As I said in my previous comment there is a lot of new content and the levels have been reimagined with an actual console/HD experience in mind.

I just went back and played some Obscura on my phone and the level layouts, and the abilities of the Grimps (how you actually play) are completely different between the two titles. The feeling of the game is also much more relaxed on the Switch.

As a fan of Eden, I think PixelJunk Eden 2 is a strong entry in the series and I think it will make a lot of people happy. I'm genuinely excited to see everyone's reaction to it when they get their hands on it. It'll be out very soon!

Jon God

Oct 28, 2017
PixelJunk Monsters 2 and PixelJunk Eden 2. Sweet.

Now can we get the first games on Switch/PlayStation?

Doomburrito

Feb 9, 2018
"Enhanced port" is a not correct as Obscura is a spin off title. Obscura has a lot of its designs geared towards how people use mobile devices - - even requiring players to use the camera to capture colors at points to complete levels/get bonuses or to even play the game in general. The unlock system in Obscura is also random, which is different from how it operates in the main series.

PixelJunk Eden 2 is a proper return to form, and a proper sequel. As I said in my previous comment there is a lot of new content and the levels have been reimagined with an actual console/HD experience in mind.

I just went back and played some Obscura on my phone and the level layouts, and the abilities of the Grimps (how you actually play) are completely different between the two titles. The feeling of the game is also much more relaxed on the Switch.

As a fan of Eden, I think PixelJunk Eden 2 is a strong entry in the series and I think it will make a lot of people happy. I'm genuinely excited to see everyone's reaction to it when they get their hands on it. It'll be out very soon!

Don't get me wrong, I've still pre-ordered it and am looking forward to it, I trust you that it's a great game.

But it does feel a bit misleading to call it Eden 2 if the levels are reimaginings of existing Obscura levels. It seems like the framework of the game is still Obscura, right? Imo, it would have made more sense to call it Obscura HD or Obscura+ or something

But, either way, still excited to play it!