• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
I don't like this move, only because now it means that Sony will start to do the same and we'll start to see 3rd party companies becoming 1st party companies. This is going to get ugly.

Can you see Square Enix going to Sony? Capcom to MS? Then gamers will need to have specific platforms to play their favorite IPs/games.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Holy hell. I dont play their games very much but this is definitetly big news! The next question is if they make the IPs console exclusive to Xbox or not.

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
Wow!!!!
That will lead to a lot of exclusives. Gamers loose again ! 😅

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
If they want to recoup money on investment, I cannot see them putting games on a Playstation without it being via Gamepass. They absolutely want it to be a big fat USP to separate them from Sony.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WELP time to plan for a Series X to play Elder Scrolls 6, wow.

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
Probably the biggest gaming announcement since SEGA left hardware.

As a a game pass subscriber I am happy that I will get a ton of value. However I think it will be healthy for the industry if Bethesda games still launched on other platforms.

Everything free on gamepass but also launching traditionally for other platforms.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is a shitty move regardless of whichever platform holder got this exclusivity. The only people I'm happy for are the teams/developers that get more job security because of this.

It just feels like you literally cut off an entire gaming base because of this. If Sony did it, it would suck for Xbox gamers. Buying a studio that has literally been third party for so long now doesn't sit right with me.

Oct 30, 2017
MFW I have to tell my mom and dad I changed my Christmas list from PS5 to Xbox

OIP.gQTm2Dp2OjPMTKDxI3XIlQHaEN

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Here's my thing. All the leaks out of MS, how was there not a whiff of this in the air? This is just a ridiculously huge move.

Oct 25, 2017
Also y'all don't know what games are exclusive or not. We shall see. 7.5 billion is a massive amount to keep something on one console

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
That really is insane.
I guess that should help resolve Deathloop on Xbox

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
im starting to imagine a future where every game developer is owned either by sony, microsoft, or nintendo.

honestly, hope we never get there

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Well, that's one way to promote your pre-orders opening.

But seriously, this is one of the biggest days in gaming ever. This is Activision-Blizzard merger / SEGA leaving the hardware business level shit.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Hopefully MS doesnt listen to all the "exclusives is what sells consoles talk" that has been prevalent in forums like this and media over the last few years and keep these games multiplatform (and that means PS5, we know they will beon PC). Just having these games day 1 on gamepass is a big enough get
Honestly call me crazy but i think MS wants Xbox to be a platform agnostic game software company that also offers their own consoles/offers services, but publishes everywhere. It makes absolute sense if you look at it from this lens and how the rest of the company is ran. This is why this purchase would make a lot more sense than JUST for a single game console alone.
Minecraft is a perfect example of that, They may give their platform some level of exclusivity but have the games come to other platforms.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
So here's the big question:

Are Zenimax IPs (Doom, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Wolfenstein, etc) going to be exclusive to Xbox and PC?
Or is this a Minecraft scenario where the games will still be multiplatform?

I wonder when this will be clarified
100%. You don't pay over 7 billion for those teams and those IPs, and then not use them in the most effective way (exclusive to their console)

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
YOOOOOOOOOO WTF

Microsoft just dropped the NUCLEAR BOMB

Imagine if all these games come to Gamepass. This is HUGE.

Hopefully they do some more quality control for their games, because their open world games tend to be glitchy and buggy AF

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
Wow. Well done Microsoft!

Glad I have xbox ultimate until like 2022. Converting gold passes might be my greatest gaming investment.

Kliemie

Oct 26, 2017
Also, its about time they get some high value exclusives like sony has.
Game Pass is about to get booming!!