• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Update: It's fanmade from years ago. Gamestop Germany likely were as fooled as we were... or they just were like "whatever":

###

3max.jpg

Old:

Mario_And_Sonic_At_The_Olympic_Games_Logo_1553916039.png

https://www.gamestop.de/Switch/Games/55395/mario-and-sonic-bei-den-olympischen-spielen-tokyo-2020

Nintendo Soup originated the find, but their site is down so I had to look for the source myself. Luckily Google images showed the Gamestop Germany screengrab on their page when googling it.

It's a MUCH better logo... and they fixed the title to match the prior games as well.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
Better than the old one.

Side note, but I'm still waiting for a 'proper' Mario & Sonic game. A 2D platformer or something.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The best game in the series is still the first Winter Olympics. Let's hope this can surpass it.

(Also more than a 20 character roster now, and in all events).

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Yep, also initially saw TOICYO.

Edit: Oh, it's a fanmade logo. An official logo wouldn't get the aspect ratio of the Tokyo 2020 Olympics logo wrong.

YRLgSFu.png

Edit2: Video from a year ago.

Last edited:

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for the soundtrack. The remixes in the previous ones were god tier.