• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
That was such an awesome little arc.

Too bad most of the team died after their very first mission. Way to establish just how lucky the modern day team was that they somehow survived Rita's first attack on Earth!
Eh I don't like that tbh
Just doesn't feel in the spirit of Super Sentai. Granted I shouldn't want them to emulate the original franchise and do their own thing, but it is a major waste to create such an interesting team and then just waste them on their first mission.

Cameron122

Rescued from SR388
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I will buy this on switch and pc

Other than me believing every MMPR Ranger should be in the game Here is my wishlist for this game:

CHARACTERS
-Quantum Ranger (Time Force)
-Koragg/Leanbow (Mystic Force)
-Zen-Aku (Wild Force)
-Cameron Watanabe/Green Samurai (Ninja Storm) He could form change between his two styles like Wonder Woman in the first Injustice!
-Trent Mercer (Dino Thunder)

COSTUMES
-Some unmorphed Rangers, but only if they can get the likenesses
-Ninjetti outfits
-MMPR Red and MMPR Black with the Dragon shield
-MMPR 1995 armored suits
-Power Rangers 2017 suits
-The Cowboy Rangers from that episode where they go to the old west

PIPE DREAMS
-Alien Rangers/Kakuranger
-Get the Dairanger suits in the game
-Alpha 5 joke character
-The street fighter characters from Legacy Wars but especially Ryu Ranger
-Masked Rider/Kamen Rider Black RX
-VR Troopers
-Big Bad Beetle Borgs

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Eh I don't like that tbh
Just doesn't feel in the spirit of Super Sentai. Granted I shouldn't want them to emulate the original franchise and do their own thing, but it is a major waste to create such an interesting team and then just waste them on their first mission.
I dunno. It's not like Sentai isn't without its tragic elements of its own. Even forgetting more famous examples like Burai/Dragon Ranger, we got the likes of Captain Ryuya who was trying to play 4D Chess with the Timerangers, only for his actions to result in a) someone else taking up the role of TimeFire and dying in his place...and then Ryuya died ANYWAY, despite him trying to prevent that result. In that respect, Boom!Zordon somehow thinking he can just randomly draft five (mostly) innocent bystanders to fight a war that they weren't ready for, is something I think is well within the source material's "range". Or at least, that's how I see it.

Coleslaw

Nov 3, 2018
Do we know whether there will be a story mode? I'm guessing no, but wondering if it's been confirmed one way or the other.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Do we know whether there will be a story mode? I'm guessing no, but wondering if it's been confirmed one way or the other.
->
We don't know for certain if this is the final roster. They still have over a month until release so I'm still skeptical.

The base game has an arcade/story mode, online of course, and they promised challenge mode and additional free content post launch, so I don't see how that's a bad deal for 20 bucks.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Also thought, what if the unlocks are tied to the story modes, we know there are multiple unique ones(although I'd imagine some are identical like say, tommy/Jason and Drakon/sentry/slayer?) that's put us at one a story mode for 6 unlockables

Also begs the question what fan fave hero or villain would be big or obscure enough for a final unlock(that's not mmpr)

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Revealed? Pretty sure these were on the website like last week

Anyway the only ones I want are
Quantum Ranger
Regular Black Ranger outfit for the sentry (only to have like JYB voice for voice memes with Quantum Ranger)
Gold Ranger (can just be the one dude. Doesnt need to be the Jason on)
Astronema (she was my favorite villainess, even though she became good later)

Glad to see some off the wall pulls. I wouldn't have expected Kat Ranger

Also I hate Super Megaforce despite its Sentai Variant being one of my favorite. Shame

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Revealed? Pretty sure these were on the website like last week

Anyway the only ones I want are
Quantum Ranger
Regular Black Ranger outfit for the sentry (only to have like JYB voice for voice memes with Quantum Ranger)
Gold Ranger (can just be the one dude. Doesnt need to be the Jason on)
Astronema (she was my favorite villainess, even though she became good later)

Glad to see some off the wall pulls. I wouldn't have expected Kat Ranger

Also I hate Super Megaforce despite its Sentai Variant being one of my favorite. Shame
Pretty sure he means "gameplay reveals" as in this is the first appearance of these characters in actual gameplay as opposed to stock images of their profile pictures.

Deleted member 23091

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
53785454_2217694918253828_1101356655532048384_n.jpg

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
So some potentially good news, today's power rangers stream had a q&a and, the guy was cagey about if there were any more characters at launch and said to wait for more announcements. If the 9 were it he would have been able to confirm it, which means there's likely more

Oct 26, 2017
So some potentially good news, today's power rangers stream had a q&a and, the guy was cagey about if there were any more characters at launch and said to wait for more announcements. If the 9 were it he would have been able to confirm it, which means there's likely more

I would be surprised if we didn't have a Blue Ranger of some sort in the game's base roster. We've got Red, Green, Yellow, Pink and Black so far. I'm not too familiar with the Power Rangers shows, so I don't know which of the Blue Rangers would be a good addition from a gameplay standpoint.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I would be surprised if we didn't have a Blue Ranger of some sort in the game's base roster. We've got Red, Green, Yellow, Pink and Black so far. I'm not too familiar with the Power Rangers shows, so I don't know which of the Blue Rangers would be a good addition from a gameplay standpoint.
I mean heck at least we should get a non main blue colored ranger like Dark Ranger(Dino charged comic book navy blue ranger )

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
I only know Zack, who the other 3?
Ciara Hannah / Megaforce and Super Megaforce yellow.

Peter Sudarso / Ninja Steel. Blue and Hyper Force Red

??? I forget the last chick's name. But she plays one of the Hyper Force rangers. She's a. Really good VA. She did Kimberly in Shattered Grid Live and absolutely nailed it.

Rzarekta

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Characters and fighting actually look pretty dope. The backgrounds need a lot of work though.

The Cellar Letters

lmayo
Oct 25, 2017
I am a massive Power Rangers fan and I am pumped for this. So happy it's looking good.

I have Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Year One at home that I haven't read. How is it?

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
I am a massive Power Rangers fan and I am pumped for this. So happy it's looking good.

I have Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Year One at home that I haven't read. How is it?

If your like me you'll start and feel this is ok but when you finish you're going to be scrambling for the next volume, It develops each of the rangers in a more mature way but not in like a ridiculously mature=dark/edgy way, the cast feel like actual characters compared to the honor roll students they were in the show. Imo its reaalllyyy good. Also the go go power rangers prequel series is mos def a must read.

It handles a franchise i loved as a kid but adds writing that adult me can enjoy similar to comparing 80s tmnt cartoon to IDWs comic series or the archie reboot comics.

The Cellar Letters

lmayo
Oct 25, 2017
If your like me you'll start and feel this is ok but when you finish you're going to be scrambling for the next volume, It develops each of the rangers in a more mature way but not in like a ridiculously mature=dark/edgy way, the cast feel like actual characters compared to the honor roll students they were in the show. Imo its reaalllyyy good. Also the go go power rangers prequel series is mos def a must read.

It handles a franchise i loved as a kid but adds writing that adult me can enjoy similar to comparing 80s tmnt cartoon to IDWs comic series or the archie reboot comics.
Thanks for the input! I'll give it a read soon

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Is this game officially endorsed by Saban?

This game could be incredible, but I feel there's something missing. Where is the licensed tracks? This game is suffering from the same identity crisis from that recent Power Rangers game with garbage music to boot.
Where is Wasserman? Jeremy? Hell, will this game even have the official themes from the shows? Just feels like a wasted opportunity.

Anyone know?

Bombadil

Oct 25, 2017
Near the Withywindle river
Is this game officially endorsed by Saban?

This game could be incredible, but I feel there's something missing. Where is the licensed tracks? This game is suffering from the same identity crisis from that recent Power Rangers game with garbage music to boot.
Where is Wasserman? Jeremy? Hell, will this game even have the official themes from the shows? Just feels like a wasted opportunity.

Anyone know?
Saban (once again) has nothing to do with PR anymore since they sold the series to Hasbro.