• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
sb_marvel-disneyplus_20200928_2x

If this isn't a fluke, I guess Disney & Sony finally reached an agreement to have the MCU Spidey films on Disney+. I'd imagine that this will also extend to Homecoming & the third MCU Spidey film (whenever that comes out) if this is the case. In case you're curious, shown below is the poster in question.

D6ioz01WAAAspcY

So yeah, we might be getting the MCU Spider-Man films on Disney+ soon.

Source: shopDisney

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pay Sony for these next, please. Ridiculous that Manhattan is missing when it's one of the best Muppet films.

Muppets_take_manhattan.jpg
Muppets_from_space.jpg

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
What are Spidey 1 and 2 on right now? Netflix?

(also, in Canada....I think Crave has one of them?)

bananas

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
All they will need is the Incredible Hulk for it to be complete.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm weirdly not motivated to see it even though I've watched and enjoyed every other MCU movie. I think Endgame was just such a good conclusion that I might have lost interest so far for more.

I largely feel the same way. I'll still watch MCU movies but it feels like the story is over, so we're just watching what other folks got up to afterwards.

It'll be interesting to see if Marvel is able to recapture that feeling of the first Avengers movie to get folks interested in the next big arc.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I largely feel the same way. I'll still watch MCU movies but it feels like the story is over, so we're just watching what other folks got up to afterwards.

It'll be interesting to see if Marvel is able to recapture that feeling of the first Avengers movie to get folks interested in the next big arc.
Far From Home was more of an epilogue for the Infinity Saga, not unlike how Ant-Man 1 was Phase 2's epilogue.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
I'm wondering if this means that D+ will also get access to the Sam Raimi Spidey films and the (ugh) Amazing Spider-Man films.

Hell, maybe even Into the SpiderVerse?

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm wondering if this means that D+ will also get access to the Sam Raimi Spidey films and the (ugh) Amazing Spider-Man films.

Hell, maybe even Into the SpiderVerse?
That'd be nice, but I feel like Disney's top priority are the MCU Spidey films. That plus Netflix has Spider-Verse & I think the Raimi films.

If they come then maybe The Spectacular Spiderman will also be on there.
This please

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
That'd be nice, I still haven't seen Far From Home.
Yeah I'm weirdly not motivated to see it even though I've watched and enjoyed every other MCU movie. I think Endgame was just such a good conclusion that I might have lost interest so far for more.

Oh I really recommend it, and I was not at all a Homecoming fan but this one works.
You get a lot more of his classmates and there's even a joke about people using their IDs to get alcohol even though legally they're still underaged from the snap.

This movie is light. It's nice to just have a goofy Spider-Man adventure.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Is there content parity between regions? I hope Latam doesn't get screwed when the service becomes available here in November.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
I don't recall there being any reports of different content between regions.

Huh? There are loads of content differences between regions.

The UK services has had all the X-Men films for a while, but didn't get Frozen 2 until later. It still doesn't have Tailspin because they can't clear the music rights. There are loads of other series with localised availability. Agents of Shield's availability varies wildly between territories. Heck, the Spanish service doesn't even have Iron Man.

For what it's worth, I very much doubt this is true. Sony have sold the Spider-man films to lots of others in different markets and they aren't available to license to Disney Plus in many cases.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

The UK services has had all the X-Men films for a while, but didn't get Frozen 2 until later. It still doesn't have Tailspin because they can't clear the music rights. There are loads of other series with localised availability. Agents of Shield's availability varies wildly between territories. Heck, the Spanish service doesn't even have Iron Man.

For what it's worth, I very much doubt this is true. Sony have sold the Spider-man films to lots of others in different markets and they aren't available to license to Disney Plus in many cases.
Huh, I'm surprised that I wasn't aware of it. Thanks for telling me.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Far From Home is kind of a nice coda to Endgame and, in some ways, even the first Iron Man. I wouldn't necessarily it's an essential follow-up to the story told in Endgame and several movies prior (though it will undoubtedly be essential to the next Spider-Man lol) but, in its own way, it has a sort of full circle feeling to it with Peter's arc.

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
If they come then maybe The Spectacular Spiderman will also be on there.

I watched a couple episodes on Crackle a couple summers ago the commercial breaks were relentless. I would really like to watch this no mess no fuss. I don't think it's going to happen but they should also pick-up all the anime Marvel Studio Madhouse did for them a while back. The Blade and X-Men series was a trip.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Yep, this is all true.

In general, the catalog is the same, but small stuff like this varies from region to region.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly didnt realize the movies weren't on their, then again I have them digitally on my Apple TV 4K and the tv app just combines all of the videos in the watch now section lol. I will have a marathon one of these days, and even watch Thor 2 just because...

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
More movies on Disney+ means more movies in beautiful 4K. Something Netflix still doesn't get right, even with a separate subscription.

So, give me all the Spider-Man movies please.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
This is what I'm waiting for. Unlike Netflix, I really hope Disney+ in Latin America doesn't have different content to other regions.
I wouldn't bet on it. There will be more parity due to D+ belonging to Disney, but previously made arrangements will block certain films and series being on there, same as with every other streaming service.