• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. Shame, because ultra edge sometimes feels a bit dodgy to me. I wonder if you could get Hawkeye accurate enough that it would detect deviations in the ball. I'm also surprised by how low the frame rate is on the cameras they use.

It's never made sense to me that they have these montages of super slow mo highlights on the coverage but don't use those cameras for actually useful things.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A shame that Warner finally put on a decent score, Lambshanks has earned his spot with two good performances now, but the rest still crumbled like paper. It was hard to bat on for sure but you still want to see more fortitude than what these batsmen showed. Khawaja's spot is in trouble next test when Smith comes back.

dean_rcg

Oct 27, 2017
This Ashes will be won by the team that makes the least bad score because neither team's batsmen can take on the opponent's bowlers.

Rabalder.

Dec 8, 2018
I'm not sure I've seen batting this consistently bad in an Ashes series, ever. England's choice to focus on white ball cricket has destroyed their Test match quality.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
England shitting the bed. If y'all can't beat us now y'all ain't doing it when Steve Smith is back. Stokes gotta save England again.

Rabalder.

Dec 8, 2018
Shame Australia couldn't have put on another 50 runs or so. Could've forced the follow on and won the Ashes today lmao.

Deleted member 31104

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
The bowlings been great but Burns and Roy really flung their wickets away there. I don't think there's that much in the pitch so England just need to bed down until the ball gets old.

Deleted member 31104

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Stokes looks in pretty decent nick here. Certainly the most comfortable of the batsmen this morning. Although the ball is starting to do a lot less.

War Peaceman

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think County Cricket is to blame. I don't know that it is good enough, but we have Jason Roy opening - a middle order batsmen who averages below 40 in FC cricket. We have Joe Denly at 4 who nobody wants. Bairstow has underperformed for most years of his Test career. Buttler averages 32 in FC cricket.

People aren't - Burns aside - being picked due to County form. The selection is nuts.

Deleted member 31104

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I mean Australia had the excuse that it was a perfect day for bowling in England yesterday, although that really doesn't excuse the paucity of their performance. This is the exact opposite, it's perfect batting conditions, and the ball is seaming just a bit.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Welp... Snagging some cheap Day 5 tickets was optimistic at the time, now it just looks plain dumb. Ah well, at least I get a lie-in