• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Nice to see Roach doing well. The West Indies have a really nice pair of bowlers in Holder and Roach.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
Ive been away for two weeks. Missed the last test - read about it the day after. So pleased the the series is still alive and still anyones to win.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I assume it's off for rain considering the broadcast in Australia is all infomercials now.

In some places it's tumbleweeds; in England, it's crisp packets.

Last edited:

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Wondering if we might see a DRS review at some point to determine if the bails were removed by the ball or the wind.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Woah, that was some serious movement off the seam to get Labuschagne out. Well bowled.

Now Australia just needs someone other than Smith or Labuschagne to bat competently.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Head is making me very nervous...

edit: Good lord, what is he doing?

Bad call for review from England though.

Last edited:

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So happy with Labushagne. The young lad has taken his opportunity and got four half centuries now. Even today it took a brilliant ball to get him out. I'm glad to see someone can stand besides Steve Smith. The funny thing is he would have never had this chance if Smith didn't get concussed.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome run of games to see the Essex Eagles into T20 finals day. What a performance to eliminate Lancashire.

Deleted member 31104

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
This Australian batting line up is something. Ok the conditions are bad for both batting and bowling but that pitch is a bit of a road. They really shouldn't be 180 odd for 4 with very little left to come.

Deleted member 31104

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
245/5 into the tail with a new ball due in 12 overs. You'd think Australia will need another 100 from here for it to be a decent score, this looks a cracking pitch, but their openers and Head/Wade failed. They'll need a 150 from Smith. Wade should be dropped. I don't know who they could bring in but they'd probably need a rhb.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
245/5 into the tail with a new ball due in 12 overs. You'd think Australia will need another 100 from here for it to be a decent score, this looks a cracking pitch, but their openers and Head/Wade failed. They'll need a 150 from Smith. Wade should be dropped. I don't know who they could bring in but they'd probably need a rhb.

I'm fine with a RHB as long as he also isn't a right arm medium fast bowler with a last name starting with M.

Deleted member 31104

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I'm fine with a RHB as long as he also isn't a right arm medium fast bowler with a last name starting with M.

But haven't you heard he's looked great in the nets and in the tour matches....

I should have said, the other factor Australia need to consider is time. If they can bat into the evening session then in the game situation that's worth another 50 runs on top of their total. If they're 370 all out at 17:30 this evening, England probably wouldn't be reaching parity until late Friday or Saturday morning. Although unless Paine hangs around through the new ball (spoiler: he won't) I don't see that happening.

Deleted member 31104

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
What the fuck was Smith thinking? Australia will be lucky to get 300 now. His head had completely went after lunch.

Wait! No ball.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck what a time to bowl a no ball. That's glorious.

Imagine bowling a no ball as a spinner too wtf.

Steve Smith gets a second life wow.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Homophobic meme
MOD EDIT
Image Removed: Homophobic Meme

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 31104

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I don't get the "he should have been out" off a no ball, fair enough if it's smidge over, but when it's half a foot over well that changes the length of the ball a wee bit. Had the bowler not overstepped the ball the ball probably wouldn't have landed where it did.

Deleted member 31104

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I do think there's a bit in the Smith struggles against left arm spin when it spins, it's how he uses his hands and the angle of the spin.

It's getting dark, the new ball will be massive.

Oct 25, 2017
Archer was pretty bad at it in the last test. Sky had a wee montage.

I don't think Smith will hang around, he seems to want to get a move on and he normally gets out when he tries to force it.

Yeah the 3rd umpires need to call it more often because bowlers have no idea. If they get called for a front foot no ball earlier in the day or spell then they will adjust