• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I think we're in agreement.

I think the solution here is pretty good. Full crossplay for people who aren't too bothered and platform locked for those that are. I know some people want input based crossplay but I'm fine with this .

Yeah I'm fine with it too but eventually I really feel we should reach the point where we evolve past dual analog in some way on consoles, I mean the basic control-scheme hasn't really evolved or improved till gyro for the last... 20 years?

Gyro is more physical right? That alone keeps it from being the only control option, I understand where you coming from in terms of gyro being better and I agree. Unfortunately for many they are used to it and dual analog is capable which is different from single analog or d-pad systems from the past.

And this is exactly the core issue, I'm super sure that many of the "I'm used to it" crowd would be super fine with flickstick once they gave it a honest try for a week or two. You're right gyro is technically more physical but properly calibrated and setup it's really nothing more than to move your wrists about 1-2cm the most in either direction, you don't even have to "aim" at the screen. I figured that out on the third day owning my Wii. At first I played Wii Sports Tennis with the Wiimote like an actual tennis rack, by day 3 I figured out all I had to do was to slightly move my wrist while comfortably sitting on my chair.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I got a question that kinda relates to Bf2042 but I feel it doesnt deserve its own thread. Anyways.. I am wondering if there is a 3rd party site, like green man gaming, that sells ea play pro at a cheaper price than whats on Origin.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
it's 100% why it was maligned since that was the discourse surrounding the game before anyone got to play a single second of it. The cadence of new content probably doomed it afterwards as many games can recover and become successes if they maintain steady, quality releases.

In regards to the gunplay, what objectively is bad about it? The guns feel like they have some weight and good recoil. Maybe not exactly true to life but they don't feel like plastic, recoil-less nerf guns like in Call of Duty or other shooters. They had great sound, great effects, and great animations.

I recognize that sentiment, like animations for everything, picking up the ammo and health from crates, and stuff like that which I think people were on and off about. I quite like the Squad Pickup with an animation + a speedier medic one, I think it was good balance vs. instant revives. I think the game eventually found a good balance with things like ammo/health having the AoE but you can still run up and grab a pack too and I do like having one self-healing item. Adds another layer to a gunfight imo. Seems they are reversing that back to usual but it's not a huge deal for me. Speaking strictly on the act of shooting the weapons, I'm not even sure what the arguments are against it.
It was a marketing issue in the beginning, its hardly the reason why the game bombed so hard. The game is so poorly developed that nearly every gameplay system produces highly random/variable results. There is no consistency to any of the mechanics because the game is so buggy. It just makes it frustrating and unfun.

Plagues every FPS? What the fuck are you talking about?
Which FPS games on PC dont have cheats available? Do you think cheating affects pc or console more?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think in the early stages of the game it won't be difficult to find players on the same platform. I'll probably enable crossplay when the queue times are extra long.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
When I play on PS5, will I be using my PSN ID or an EA id?
EA id since it is a crossplay game.

I find that cheating on PC in a way bigger problem while browsing Era compared to actually playing online PC games lol
The last couple Battlefield and Battlefront games were notorious for having poor anti cheat, and hackers remained active for long stretches. The reputation the game has garnered is deserved and people were right to be skeptical before the recent announcements.

Last edited:

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
The last couple Battlefield and Battlefront games were notorious for having poor anti cheat, and hackers remained active for long stretches. The reputation the game has garnered is deserved and people were right to be skeptical before the recent announcements.
Comments on this topic make it sound like its impossible to play on PC but I was speaking about my own experience. Haven't played the Battlefront games but I guess I have been lucky when it comes to Battlefield.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
Comments on this topic make it sound like its impossible to play on PC but I was speaking about my own experience. Haven't played the Battlefront games but I guess I have been lucky when it comes to Battlefield.
People on Reddit would report players and they would go weeks, sometimes months without a ban.

OP
OP
Tovarisc

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
People on Reddit would report players and they would go weeks, sometimes months without a ban.

For BFV DICE did basically negative effort to ban cheaters, there wasn't even anti-cheat system.

With 2042 it looks like they are again taking that stuff seriously. Either way his point stands, ERA at times do make it sound like every single PC game is 99.9% filled with cheaters.

Modu5

Nov 15, 2017
Has it been confirmed to be a newer build than the last one? hoping for better performance.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Extremely torn on whether I get this for Series X or PS5.

Same. Glad I can play the beta on both. Leaning towards PS5 if there are haptics. And turning off crossplay makes you play only with people from your own platform if I understand correctly, and I think more people will play on PS5.

And I'll be playing Halo on my Series X so BF on my PS5 balances things :P

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Oh nose!! What will PC users do now that a small subset of console players who have to actually buy a separate hardware device can now do the same recoil removal every single PC has had access to for over a decade by simply going to a website and right clicking "save to"?
Not to mention that cronus works on PCs as well lol

Every time I see some one trying to equate cheating methods available on consoles to the ones on PC I can't help but laugh...

And I'm playing this on PC!

Extremely torn on whether I get this for Series X or PS5.

Since it's cross play you can play with your friends anywhere.

I think it's going to be a case of where it performs better and what controller you prefer.

Wait for the open beta and try both platforms.

FreezerGeezer

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Been playing a load of BFV lately. Ran into a hacker today, god they are a pain. Only see them every other month, but be super keen to see if the new EAC does better.

Easier reporting will be great too.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Has it been confirmed to be a newer build than the last one? hoping for better performance.
It's going to be a newer build no doubt.

This close to release, this is going to be more a demo than a beta to most people. No doubt that is the reason of the delay. DICE understands this and wants the game to look as best as possible.

Now if it's going to look and perform good enough for most people is the question.

I have no doubt DICE will get a lot of info, telemetry and statistics out of this, but people will try this as a demo and they will judge the game and their purchase based on this.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
For BFV DICE did basically negative effort to ban cheaters, there wasn't even anti-cheat system.

With 2042 it looks like they are again taking that stuff seriously. Either way his point stands, ERA at times do make it sound like every single PC game is 99.9% filled with cheaters.
They did nothing for the last several Battlefields. The only time in the last decade cheaters faced consequences were private bans on user servers in BF4.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
I pre-ordered the ultimate edition or whatever it's called on series x. I'm ready!!

CaptainMatilder

Certified FANatic
May 27, 2018
They did nothing for the last several Battlefields. The only time in the last decade cheaters faced consequences were private bans on user servers in BF4.
Exactly. It will be the same this time.
You could send them the user profile of some blatant hacker/cheater with 1,343,232 kills and 0 deaths and nothing would happen.
Or maybe months later.
The only thing that will work flawlessly at launch will be the ingame store.
Sorry, but Dice/EA don't get the benefit of a doubt.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Hardcore games will be up day one on Portal and will be popular. This is a non issue.
I mean the whole debate about crossplay and the fact it's opt-in or opti-out that we keep getting in battlefield thread are ultimately about matchmaking quality, comparatively HC being a fan made thing you have to look for in portal is much more likely to suffer from that problem.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Bf2042 is using the same anti cheat as apex legends. However, I don't know how bad the cheaters are in apex…

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
I know it's dumb but I double dipped, physical copy for my XsX and a digital for PS5. I like the controllers on both and since there's cross progression, why not.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
Just 4 more days.

battlefield-2042.gif

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
Since battlefield isn't free to play and not as competitive as br games, it will hopefully be alright.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
People are really complaining about the anti-cheat before they've even touched the game? An anti-cheat solution that is so widely adopted that it's become the standard for nearly every major AAA release recently and is well regarded for how effective it is, no less.

EAC is a great pick and already miles above Punkbuster in the older games or the complete absence of anything that the PC community had to deal with for Battlefield 1 and Battlefield V.

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah there will always be a cheats that sneak in. Regardless my point is how often do you encounter those cheaters in apex?
I watch an apex streamer who pretty regularly runs into them at high elo's. It's kind of a known thing among them. They eventually get banned but hey hang around long enough to reach high elos in the ranked mode. But you can do that pretty fast if you grind it out. It's just unfortunate people have to deal with it but it is what it is. Battlefield by its very nature of being a paid product at least will decrease this significantly for quite a while.

SirDante

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 20, 2020
Ok Im an ignorant person when it comes to cheat devices. I saw some tweets today with guys saying they can't wait to test out "Chronus Zen" in the Beta..

So I did a few google searches...
My goodness.... something like this exists? And works on every console from Nintendo, Sony and MS and goes back to the Wii,360 and PS3? WTF.

Their site says it works with Series X, PS5 and PC, so now I'm pissed. Please tell me this new anti cheat system can detect this? Please.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Ok Im an ignorant person when it comes to cheat devices. I saw some tweets today with guys saying they can't wait to test out "Chronus Zen" in the Beta..

My goodness.... something like this exists? And works on every console from Nintendo, Sony and MS and goes back to the Wii,360 and PS3? WTF.

Their site says it works with Series X, PS5 and PC, so now I'm pissed. Please tell me this new anti cheat system can detect this? Please.

No, anti cheat systems cannot detect these.

SirDante

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 20, 2020
😭 How widespread is this though? It's really starting to make sense how in Cold War theres kill feeds with literally zero recoil on guns that have a lot of recoil.. and their usually with guys over 500 in level. How do these systems evade anti cheat tech though? They claim they use script, I always thought that's how cheats are detected?

Really pathetic people stoop this low to cheat.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018

There are a few issues here; there are input monitoring methods you can use for those but it would be in-house and they would not talk about it publicly, it is reported that these do not work with PS5 native games since the games are Dualsense only (XIM, Cronus, Titan), BF games are not affected in the same way as COD due to how spread mechanics work.

I have played competitive BF extensively with people using macro and kb/m attachments, while not ideal it is not nearly as bad compared to other games. Hopefully they do have internal or system mechanisms to minimize their use for 2042.

Status
Not open for further replies.