• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I guess at this point the question is do they leave servers up and do minor updates to the current game, or do they just announce the end of service date and wash their hands of the game

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017
2161667-zFrTB.jpg

Patryn

Oct 25, 2017
The right choice. Why throw good money after bad?

Anthem was a tainted name. Better to take the tech and lessons from it and put it into something new.

Bet the next Mass Effect will utilize the flying.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
shame, Anthem truly had potential tbh
Now tho the team can pack it up and I assume join the Dragon Age team which is currently full steam ahead

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Hope the devs keep their jobs though. Shame for them this project didn't work out.

Oct 27, 2017
*30 interns couldn't remake the game with photoshop mockups*

Scammered. Promise 10 years of support, deliver the early-access title and cancel the support after two years of "progress".

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To the team at EA Austin, thanks for doing what you could. I wish I could have seen what Next would have been.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
To basically no one's surprise, I'm sure. EA was lying through its teeth claiming there would be some kind of big revamp. They didn't know what they were pushing the first place, and they never found it. Just another poorly done Bioware project.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
It's probably just far too much resources for EA to practically remake and relaunch a game that can just be spent towards the new Dragon Age and Mass Effect games.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if there's anyone foolish enough to try to spin this as "Anthem Next is cancelled but I bet Anthem 2 was greenlit"

Shame but unsurprising

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Fucking hell. I was really looking forward to this. :/

Chippewa Barr