• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favourite Yu Yu Hakusho Protagonist

• Yusuke

Votes: 133 26.3%
  • Kuwabara

Votes: 173 34.3%
  • Kurama

Votes: 116 23.0%
  • Hiei

Votes: 83 16.4%

• Total voters

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Kurama is the only dude that fucked up 2 members of the Toguro team. So yeah, Kurama.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
For the sake of my 12yo self, I have to vote Kurama. Pheewww did I have a crush on that boy back in the day, one of the few bishies I was really into.
I rewatched most of the show a couple years back though and I think my fav might have shifted more to Yusuke? But Kuwabara is such a gem, too. Man, this is way too hard, all four of them are fantastic!

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
How in the hell is Hiei in last place? How in the fuck is Kuwabara in second? This forum is trash.

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
The momma's boy, Yoko Kurama. /s :P

Kurama is one of the most interesting IMO and his mix of power and elegance is unmatched. And I have a huge soft spot for the story of how a demon came to care for the mother of his human host.

Sep 7, 2018
Yusuke is that dude. I crack up at his jokes and comebacks.

I wish Genkai was a part of the main crew too. After the Dark Tournament she just went into the background. She deserved better and her personality would've added for a fun dynamic with the team.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
how could you deny this beautiful man.
DASSIT!

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Yusuke's arc comes together perfectly after defeating Toguro. But Kuwabara is just the most lovable idiot.

1. Yusuke
2. Kuwabara
3. Hiei
6. Kurama (zzzzzzz snooze fest)

spider

CLANG
On Break
Oct 23, 2017
Australia
when i readed it the first time when i was smol, hiei

now i readed it again and kurama is the one that makes errything works so well for me

they are all great, though <3

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
I seriously don't ever care to watch anything past the DT. What a perfect beginning to end ride from Yusuke's death to Toguro's defeat. There's nothing they could have done to make it better, so I really hate that they tried. The other arcs don't exist to me.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I seriously don't ever care to watch anything past the DT. What a perfect beginning to end ride from Yusuke's death to Toguro's defeat. There's nothing they could have done to make it better, so I really hate that they tried. The other arcs don't exist to me.
I mean, it was one Mangaka trying to make a living not a they. The series was also extremely popular so WSJ would have been stupid to cancel it..

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
I mean, it was one Mangaka trying to make a living not a they. The series was also extremely popular so WSJ would have been stupid to cancel it..

Shonen Jump also rejected Togashi's initial pitch for the final arc (which likely would have been too dark and dramatic) so we got a halfbaked tournament to quickly wrap things up.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I remember reading the first twenty chapters of this and dropping it because nothing happened. Yusuke was cool.

I also read the first sixty chapters of Reborn! so I have nothing to say to defend myself. I do plan plan on returning to Yu Yu Hakusho one day lmao.

Ed.

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Weird that this was posted since I am in the middle of watching it. Like 50 episodes in. I like Kurama. I think I like characters that are calm and nice and just swell. I keep accidentally calling him Karamo.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
I remember reading the first twenty chapters of this and dropping it because nothing happened. Yusuke was cool.

I also read the first sixty chapters of Reborn! so I have nothing to say to defend myself. I do plan plan on returning to Yu Yu Hakusho one day lmao.

The early chapters of YYH are more comedy/SOL-focused. The anime cuts most of that out.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
The early chapters of YYH are more comedy/SOL-focused. The anime cuts most of that out.
I figured as much since shonen series never seem well represented by their first bunch of chapters. I'll get to it one day, I've read all of HxH so I wanna see what all the fuss is about

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Kuwabara, dude got left behind though power wise.

EDIT
I just wanted to sure I wasn't wrong and apparently he's a s class human? why the hell don't I remember this dimension sword? last thing I remember was dual wielding 2 spirit swords.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
I figured as much since shonen series never seem well represented by their first bunch of chapters. I'll get to it one day, I've read all of HxH so I wanna see what all the fuss is about

In my opinion the YYH anime is more entertaining (and well-paced by 90s shonen anime standards) but the manga is still great fun.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
as a kid it was 100% Hiei

rewatched the show not long ago, though, and now the ranking is something like...

Yusuke > Kurama > Hiei > Kuwabara

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019

You have to finish YYH dude

Mr.LightMan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Shinobu Sensui!

But on topic, Kurama is awesome in his Fox Form!
One of my favorite villains all time up until the fight with Yusuke. I honestly enjoyed the chapter black saga up to when the rest of the crew attacks him. Anything past that don't exist to me.

To answer the op though, Shuichi Minamino is my favorite of the group.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
The setup of the last arc is amazing until it goes tournament arc.

I like Kuwabara fine but not too crazy about him, I like Leorio more though. Hiei also feels kinda too "safe" as a edgelord character to me. Sasuke is more of an interesting presence to me with more of his own meaningful impact. At least in part 1 I think he's a great character.

Anyway I gotta go with Yusuke or Kurama.

Moara

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Yusuke for being the rare shonen protagonist who is also the most interesting of the cast

The YYH cast is legendary though so you can't go wrong with any of them

Oct 27, 2017
Kurama might be the only pretty boy character in an anime I like. It's pretty telling how strong the cast was by the fact there's no overwhelming favorite

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
Sincerely voting for Kuwabara is made sweeter by the inner edgelords salty because Hiei is at the bottom

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Kurama. Great fighting style, intense focus, hard and cold as steel but not amoral. Makes the same choice to just be a dude that Kuwabara makes but with more to lose by doing so.