• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favourite Ranma Fiance

• Akane

Votes: 117 31.0%
  • Shampoo

Votes: 127 33.6%
  • Ukyo

Votes: 134 35.4%

• Total voters

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Not a waifu thread.

So in Ranma 1/2 Ranma has three official fiancés throughout the series. Of all them based on their design, personality, role in the story, character, fighting style, as a match for Ranma or anything else you like about them which one was your favourite.

Akane Tendo:

2166919.jpg

Shampoo:

Ukyo Kuonji:

For me I'd say Shampoo. While I think of the three she's the worst match for Ranma and probably isn't even a real contender, I just love her character. She has a neat design, is badass (I love her weapons), and she's so over the top in how evil she can be it's hilarious. I mean one time when Nabiki became Ranma's fiancee and tried to sell him to Ukyo and Kodachi, Shampoo's response was to try to KILL Nabiki so Ranma can be for free.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I need to re-watch this anime.

Read some of the manga when i was younger and only watched a few eps here and there when it was on TV years ago.

Voted for Akane, out of the three , liked her character, personality, etc more.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Ukyo I think had the least amount of crazy. Doesnt she get kinda shipped with Ryoga? ...Shit it has been a while.

Akane is what adult me would say, I've learned to love that anger she has in a world that indeed flings a lot of weird bullshit her way haha

Shampoo is super adorable and mostly sweet, but it ends there.

EDIT: This song popped in my head the other day! ♫

Bionic

Oct 27, 2017
Shampoo had goofier moments, and I'll always think of Ukyo when I have okonomayaki, but Akane's still my favorite. Something about the hair-cutting-off incident and how that was all handled emotionally and otherwise, I think it just sold me on her as a person.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Ukyo I think had the least amount of crazy. Doesnt she get kinda shipped with Ryoga? ...Shit it has been a while.

Akane is what adult me would say, I've learned to love that anger she has in a world that indeed flings a lot of weird bullshit her way haha

Yes, I ship Ryoga x Ukyo
Ukyo is the most down to earth in the anime but in the manga she becomes as bad as Shampoo

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
3 way tie! Wow

Nabiki is best character, but from those 3, I will go with ukyo because she is the most interesting character ands the one that most includes my favorite things about the series : gender fuckery and turning weird shit into martial arts

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
How can anyone say anything other than Akane? Also, thanks for this thread. I haven't thought about Ranma in over 20 years. Better times...

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
It's Ukyo. Shampoo gets pretty unhinged at times and Akane is too similar to Ranma in terms of personality.

No matter what they need to get the fuck away from Ranmas dad and Happosai.

OP
OP
PhoenixAKG

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019

Shampoo mostly sweet? Nah. She's heartless to anyone not named Ranma or Cologne.

How can anyone say anything other than Akane? Also, thanks for this thread. I haven't thought about Ranma in over 20 years. Better times...

My pleasure. Ranma was one of the first anime I watched as a kid (I mean I was watching it when I was like 4) and it has a REALLY special place in my heart.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Hum did they marry one of them eventually? "I had 3 fiancés" is not really the kind of thing i'd be proud to say when i turn 60 and close to dying a natural death

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
Akane. Everyone else had a "consolation prize" shipped with them. Shampoo had Moose. Ukyo had Ryoga. Even Kuno had Nabiki in a "lover's quarrel" kind of way.

My pleasure. Ranma was one of the first anime I watched as a kid (I mean I was watching it when I was like 4) and it has a REALLY special place in my heart.

When you were four?! With the bare breasts and all? Where were your parents?!

I'm just kidding. Outside of the occasional topless nudity, Ranma 1/2 is actually pretty wholesome. My niece watched it when she was around 10.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not familiar with Ranma ½ outside of its basic premise, but based solely on pictures of the characters, I'm on Team Shampoo.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Yes, I ship Ryoga x Ukyo
Ukyo is the most down to earth in the anime but in the manga she becomes as bad as Shampoo
Yeah, it's actually kind of weird. The anime starts outright changing scenes later on to make Ukyo more "normal", like when they adapted the story where Nabiki becomes Ranma's fiancé, but outright removed the one scene where Ukyo attempts to kill Nabiki (but kept the scene with Shampoo attacking Nabiki). Someone in the anime staff seemed to really love Ukyo as a normal girl and didn't like the manga pushing her as another crazy suitor later on.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
I like all 3 of them. Even Shampoo deep down really likes Ranma and is willing to sacrifice just about anything for him. My favorite is Ukyo. Seems the most normal of the bunch. I'm surprised she never figured out Ryoga was PChan.

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not familiar with Ranma ½ outside of its basic premise, but based solely on pictures of the characters, I'm on Team Shampoo.

A psycho who chased "Female" Ranma to the ends of the earth to kill her because she embarrassed her in a fight. is now in love with "Male" Ranma due to obscure chinese amazon traditions of a male defeating a woman means they're married after she gets beat while he's in guy form. Is known for mainpulating, and trying to date rape Ranma at any opportunity that presents itself (is not above killing her competition outright if she had the chance)

Ukyo is the only choice.

OP
OP
PhoenixAKG

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Hey now. There were times Moose got injured and she'd care for him so that's not too unbelievable.

That was in the movie only. In the manga when Mousse was in danger of dying, she didn't care and decided to go play video games instead. Though at the end she did help reluctantly.

Akane. Everyone else had a "consolation prize" shipped with them. Shampoo had Moose. Ukyo had Ryoga. Even Kuno had Nabiki in a "lover's quarrel" kind of way.

When you were four?! With the bare breasts and all? Where were your parents?!

I'm just kidding. Outside of the occasional topless nudity, Ranma 1/2 is actually pretty wholesome. My niece watched it when she was around 10.

Funny enough my uncle was the one showed it to me.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Ryoga got him a girl with a pig fetish later.

If Rumiko Takahashi did that these days she probably would have gotten death threat from Ryoga/Ukyo shippers.

Amspicora

Oct 29, 2017

uh, not exactly. Ryoga ended up with a girl from a town where piglets are basically considered gods. At least from what I remember

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
A psycho who chased "Female" Ranma to the ends of the earth to kill her because she embarrassed her in a fight. is now in love with "Male" Ranma due to obscure chinese amazon traditions of a male defeating a woman means they're married after she gets beat while he's in guy form. Is known for mainpulating, and trying to date rape Ranma at any opportunity that presents itself (is not above killing her competition outright if she had the chance)

Ukyo is the only choice.
Gotta respect someone who knows what she wants and is actively working towards it. My kind of girl!

OP
OP
PhoenixAKG

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The 'constant physical violence as comedy' thing that's kind of prevalent in Rumiko's works (the sit thing that the anime way overused in Inuyasha at tiems, Lum constantly shocking Ataru, etc.) kind of got old to me by the time I started watching Ranma 1/2 so Akane turned me off a lot when I was younger. Shampoo's not really 'better' in that regard but I feel like her actions were always at least frowned upon by the narrative in a way that Akane's wasn't + she was at least entertaining to me With that said, as I've gotten older I've come to like Akane more. Dice is on to something about understanding and relating to her anger more as an adult lol. Ukyo was....fine? I just remember thinking that she seemed like a prototype Sango and didn't come off that memorable to me as a result. If we were rating all the female characters in the series, I would agree with those saying Nabiki was the best. <3

Anyway, Shampoo forever!!!!

Oct 29, 2017
Ukyo is probably the best choice. She's the most well balanced, a great cook, and generally has her shit together.

Shampoo is the most fun, but she's bonkers, and awful marriage material.

Akane i think is the best for ranma because of the dynamic that they have- for him specifically I don't think I could see it any other way.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
All three are great, but I gotta go give it to Ukyo here. I always thought she was just a really cool character/design, and I dug her dynamic with Ranma, her being the only one of his peers who knew him before the whole "I am the ultimate martial artist manly man" routine.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Akane and it's not even close, she's the only one who actually loves Ranma (even if she would rather die than admit it), Shampoo and Ukyo are obsessed crazy suitors who don't take his feelings into account, they want him for selfish reasons.

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
Shan-Pu is the hottest but Ukyo is the best. In the manga every character basically has a consolation prize (Shan-Pu - Mousse, Ukyo - that male kunoichi, Ryoga- Akari, Kuno - Nabiki\that cheerleader, etc.), except Kodachi.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
As a young weeb, it was Shampoo.

As an older, less weeby but still weeby weeb, it's Akane.

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
I mean, I loved Shampoo the most, but I didn't want her to actually get with Ranma. Ukyo was probably second. I just hated Akane because abusive characters are fucking annoying. Hell, I'd probably take Kodachi over Akane.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I loved Shampoo the most, but I didn't want her to actually get with Ranma. Ukyo was probably second. I just hated Akane because abusive characters are fucking annoying. Hell, I'd probably take Kodachi over Akane.
Kodachi poisons and tries to paralyze Ranma every chance she gets. Not to mention how she tries to kill Female Ranma when they cross paths.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ukyo is the only somewhat normal human being among the three. Akane can pretend, till she gets pissed.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
One of the few things that stand out to me in my memories of the manga (besides the absolutely insane "martial arts" schools in the series) is how Shampoo insisted on smashing down a wall whenever she entered a scene.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like if I'd pick Akane if we were talking about Season 1 Anime Akane.

That show took a pretty hard swerve---plus it was pre-Happosai which was better.