• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which of Chris Redfield's outfits is the most iconic to you?

• S.T.A.R.S. Uniform (Resident Evil 1/RE Remake)

Votes: 254 24.1%
  • R.P.D. S.T.A.R.S. Vest (Resident Evil Code: Veronica)

Votes: 21 2.0%
  • B.S.A.A. Uniform, Kijuju Mission (Resident Evil 5)

Votes: 763 72.4%
  • B.S.A.A. Uniform, Queen Zenobia Mission (Resident Evil: Revelations)

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • B.S.A.A. Uniform, Lanshiang Mission (Resident Evil 6)

Votes: 11 1.0%

• Total voters

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
It's funny to see the sad Chris haters try to hide their slander behind comments like "he has no iconic look, bland military man, etc."

We see you.
VZ6cZ3C.jpg

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like any of them really. I guess the RE7 one looks the best to me but it definitely isn't the most iconic...

Most iconic would either be RE1 or RE5. People seem to talk about the RE5 look a lot. So I'm going to go with that one as most iconic.

Oct 25, 2017
Chris doesn't have an iconic outfit in the sense that Leon, Jill, Ada and Wesker do. Fans have traditionally been more focused on his actual body and more recently, his face.

Therefore I can't really vote on the basis of the question being asked. I do like his Lost In Nightmares and Yukata outfits, though.
Its more that Chris' costumes are typically themed one way(military) and are variations of eachother so there really isn't much difference to push them

You start with

Then you have
latest

then

Grey pants back from original, long white sleeves rolled, new not Vietnam era vest but still green
latest

Basically the old vest and patch put on the RE5 LIN uniform

Similar uniform again but a tad of Chris' signature green added to the shirt to distinguish him from the generic BSAA uniform.

Then you have default RE5, RE6 China and Vendtta outfit that follow well their own branch as well.
CV is the only one kinda out of place now

So really Chris has an iconic uniform, its the STARS uniform(green vest, white top, grey pants) that inspired the majority of his costumes afterward.

Even the movies, the S.T.A.R.S. officers are based mostly on Chris
latest

740full-resident-evil--apocalypse-screenshot.jpg

just with tan pants

Last edited:

Remember

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago, IL United States
To add onto the post above, I also find Chris' face from RE 5 and on to be unique and iconic, moreso than some of the other main cast(excluding Albert Wesker). It was extremely jarring for a ton of people to see his face drastically change in 7. Although, I can see why some people would disagree.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
A bit surprised to see the gap between RE5 and RE1...but than again I tend to play Jill like 80% of the time I play REmake.

I do agree that most of Chris's variations are so similar where it's hardly worth debating though. There's nothing as dramatic or stylish as Jill's RE3 outfit to really stand out (And in that case I still voted for Jill's default outfit with the beret as being more iconic though both stand out in the series).

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Most iconic, probably RE1, but RE5 is more popular. Similar to the Jill situation with RE1 being iconic but RE3 Jill being iconic and popular.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
RE1 or RE5 Chris. Probably RE5, although I personally don't really like Chris's design from there to until he was redesigned again for RE7.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
I went for his original look, it's the one I always think of. But I think that his outfit and look in 5 is very memorable too due to the sheer amount of gifs and memes of one of the more ridiculous moments in the game...Chris punching the shit out of a giant boulder. I can absolutely see why that'd be the iconic one for others.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing OP will do this with every RE character. My bets on the upcoming winners:

RE 4 Leon(Jacket version)
RE: Code Veronica Claire (Even though Revelations 2 Claire looked the best to me)
REmake Barry (Revelations 2 looked too much like Joel from TLoU)
RE 5 Wesker (The Matrix Jacket)
RE 0 Rebecca (Technically she was in more than one game)

Edit: Also I find it funny OP didn't include Snow Camo Chris

Don't forget Ada too! I'm probably wrong but from memory I think most of her outfits have been pretty similar.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Hate them all honestly, he looks like a generic man in a generic outfit in all of them. I guess the original because he actually looks normally proportioned.

Oct 2, 2018
It hard to compare them all because of the graphical parity between the generations. RE5 chris looks the best because of the muscles and he's bulked up/good looking in it

Re6 chris is also not bad.

Not sure what is going on with RE7 chris.

AuroraMusisAmica

One Winged Slayer
Aug 16, 2018
RE6 Chris looks the best, but RE5 Chris is the most iconic.

The real battle will be RE2 Leon vs RE4 Leon.

Anyone who votes for RE2 is small time.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As much of a shit game RE5 turned out to be, I think he had his strongest outfit.

Just wish they toned down the arms lol.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
The hottest one, whichever that is.

Beefcake Chris is nice but IMO he's too roided out. All that extra padding impairs his performance, I'm sure of it.

Alark

Mar 16, 2018
Whenever I think of Chris, RE5 Chris is always the first thing that comes to my mind.

Rezbit

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't even finished RE5 and I played the heck out of REmake, but I still think of RE5 Chris first.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Never played a RE game but RE5 Chris is the style of the character that's come to mind whenever I read his name. Also RE5 Chris is daddy 😍😍😍

Auxy

Jan 1, 2018
Newmarket, UK
RE5 easy. Far more iconic than the bland look in REmake that made me want to go with Jill every single time, even if it took a while to grow on me. I wasn't into the roided up look the street fighter iv boys were getting, and then Capcom came and unleashed this thing. But it all worked out in the end.

I like the surprising sexualised angle he's gotten even if he's not really my type. Plenty of other fish that can fill that role for me anyway.