• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
smh real disappointed with the "ass slapping is normal in a locker room" moron brigade responses

fuck that cop, what a shitstain trying to be such a cool dude fucking around with kids

but let's not get stupid about it

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
full

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
most cops would not take you seriously if you called them to press assault charges and said someone slapped your ass.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
My man is trying to get cut on purpose
Did you watch the video? It's pretty clear that it is not a love slap...that was a stop harassing the kid slap. Still doesn't rise to a arrestable offense in that situation.
shit aint sexual assault breh

This is sexual battery, my dudes.

This is absolutely an arrestable offense not to mention that it was done to an officer.

Laying hands on a police officer is already a no-no.

Imagine if the cop was female....how much worse does it look for you?

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
We don't have the full context which I think is important...

Buuuuut you can just go around slapping a cop on the ass and then taunt him.

Why would you do this?

Deleted member 58401

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 7, 2019
Were on a discussion forum talking about what happened. I gave my opinion. Thats how it works. Ignorantly break NCAA rules that could ruin their life? Lmao no rule breaking of the NCAA is going to ruin these players lives, especially because the players he gave cash to were all leaving the NCAA anyway (not to mention the NCAA is an incredibly sordid organization that robs student athletes from the money they make their institutions). I also don't care about breaking a law to protect kids from an overzealous pig, with a criminal justice system that ACTUALLY will ruin their lives (unlike being paid by OBJ lol).

I didn't say its not a thing actually. You seem to be having trouble following my arguments. I said its a good thing he did what he did. The rest of that statement is just jumbled mush that doesn't mean anything to me so I have nothing further to add to that.
Handing of money to players can invalidate their eligibility. So, yes, if they have NFL dreams, it can derail those. Do we know for sure only seniors and the 7 early declarations are the ones to get cash? Seems pretty unlikely given the makeup of every major NCAA team.

Two, he could have just said, "Hey, leave them alone." But yes, you did not specifically say it was nothing. Half of the other people posting did. So, that part is about that, including the stuff at the end you didn't care about. I should have worded it differently, I see now, because I did say you. Sorry about that - I was wrong.

And yeah, the NCAA is a corrupt piece of shit, and players should be able to do whatever they want to be compensated for everything they do. I definitely wouldn't argue against that. Nor would I ever say I am behind the police in mass. They are largely a predatory fraternity of douchebros and confederate sympathizers.

Last edited:
May 18, 2018
I'll wait until Trump gets arrested for it.
Your logic is deeply flawed I feel sorry for anyone who interacts with you.
This is sexual battery, my dudes.

This is absolutely an arrestable offense not to mention that it was done to an officer.

Laying hands on a police officer is already a no-no.

Imagine if the cop was female....how much worse does it look for you?
The way some people think around here is so slanted and it's disgusting.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The NFL punishes players for NCAA violations too because... reasons?

see: Terrelle Pryor
Not to any extent that it ruins their life. Unlike what the CJS will do to them. But I agree with the NFL and NCAA punishing players for shit like this is egregious and why I'm happy theres more consciousness to these issues and it seems to be on the precipice of changing.

Handing of money to players can invalidate their eligibility. So, yes, if they have NFL dreams, it can derail those. Do we know for sure only seniors and the 7 early declarations are the ones to get cash? Seems pretty unlikely given the makeup of every major NCAA team.

Two, he could have just said, "Hey, leave them alone." But yes, you did not specifically say it was nothing. Half of the other people posting did. So, that part is about that.
It wont invalidate their eligibility. You can quote me if it does.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Cop was an obvious ass. OBJ was an obvious ass. Sure, give him the misdemeanor slap on the wrist he deserves but make sure that cop is no where near a locker room for the next title game (pretty much guarantee he's off that duty going forward anyways)

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Cops suck, but yeah you can't just go around slapping people's asses because they happen to be in a locker room. There are a lot of people in locker rooms that are not a part of the team in that way (cops, security, reporters, media, trainers). Like if Odell has slapped a trainer or reporter (particularly a woman) in this way would the reactions be the same?

Oct 25, 2017
It was shitty for OBJ to put those kids in these situations. From the money (which is absurd, it's fucking virtually no money at all) to this, its a pain in the ass and these kids should be celebrating on their own without him causing attention and problems.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
There was a similar story recently where a runner in a 5K race slapped a reporter's butt. He was arrested and charged with sexual battery.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...d-thomas-callaway-charged-battery/2648801001/
That was a female reporter doing her job like she normally does, minding her own business, and a completely random male runner comes by and slaps her ass.

Lmao how is this similar other than they both involved a butt being smacked?

This was a male cop aggressively forcing himself into a situation and digging through kid's shit to get them in trouble while they are simply celebrating.

It was super fucking dumb and a poor decision to slap the cop, but it was a completely different situation.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
That was a female reporter doing her job like she normally does, minding her own business, and a completely random male runner comes by and slaps her ass.

This was a male cop aggressively forcing himself into a situation and digging through kid's shit to get them in trouble while they are simply celebrating.

It was super fucking dumb to slap the cop, but it was a completely different situation.

And that makes sexual battery okay?

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cops suck, but yeah you can't just go around slapping people's asses because they happen to be in a locker room. There are a lot of people in locker rooms that are not a part of the team in that way (cops, security, reporters, media, trainers). Like if Odell has slapped a trainer or reporter (particularly a woman) in this way would the reactions be the same?
No it wouldn't be and he would still be arrested for it just like that runner was but when it's a cop harassing players for the sake of it than I don't feel bad at all for him. He shouldn't have done it but the cop shouldn't have been harassing anyone so meh.

It was super fucking dumb and a poor decision to slap the cop, but it was a completely different situation.
Exactly

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017

there were asses involved, and the cop could have been a woman. Actually, not really, but hypothetically how would that make you feel?

DonnieTC

Apr 10, 2019

The end result was there was touching that happened that was unwanted; regardless of the surrounding circumstances...both felt the act was violating.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
And that makes sexual battery okay?
Context and circumstances. What are they?

These are young black kids who many already have probably had negative interactions with police in the past. Here they are, celebrating the happiest moment of their lives, then this cop shoves his way in the middle and rifles through everyone's shit in hopes to legally punish them.

Doesn't take a brain surgeon to think of how this might have been an actively antagonistic move by the cop.

Fuck that cop. He shouldn't be allowed in that stadium again.

OBJ laying his hands on him was wrong, but it did not come out of nowhere. No fucking way.