• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

• Lone Echo 2
  • Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series
  • Phantom: Covert Ops
  • Beat Saber
  • Asgard's Wrath
  • Stormland
  • Vertigo Games's new game Announcement (teaser site: https://fwdtothepast.com/)
  • Ready at Dawn's Announcement

On June 13 at 11:30 am PT, our own Special Gaming Initiatives VP Jason Rubin will join Ready At Dawn Co-Founder and Chief Creative Officer Ru Weerasuriya for a conversation on single-player narrative and its evolution in gaming—hosted by veteran voice actor Troy Baker. Together, they'll reflect on how VR is reimagining the genre with breakthrough titles like Lone Echo and its upcoming sequel, Lone Echo II. Join us at The Novo at L.A. LIVE with your E3 badge, or follow along as we live-tweet the panel.

Our Quest demos at E3 will also include some narrative-driven drama courtesy of Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series from ILMxLAB, plus our first playable public demos of Phantom: Covert Ops—a recently announced stealth game from nDreams that's breathing new life into the genre (now, with more kayaks).
You can also hack and slash your way through the rhythm with Beat Saber from indie darling Beat Games. You might have seen them tease something coming next week. It's a new addition that you won't want to miss, so be sure to check back here for details.

On the Rift S front, we'll have our first playable public demos of Lone Echo II, the much-anticipated sequel to Ready At Dawn's reimagining of both narrative and locomotion in VR. Ready At Dawn will pull back the curtain on a new announcement as part of UploadVR's E3 VR Showcase on June 10—tune in at 9:00 am PT to learn more.

Back in the booth, you can also experience human- and god-scale conflict in Asgard's Wrathfrom Sanzaru Games and explore new dystopian content in Stormland from Insomniac Games. And to top it all off, we'll debut a brand-new game from Vertigo Games, creators of Arizona Sunshine! Keep an eye on fwdtothepast.com for some tantalizing hints leading up to the reveal of their biggest game yet.

Last edited:

Deleted member 54320

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
Looking forward to what comes out for the Quest, it's an awesome device and acted as the perfect introduction to VR for both myself and my girlfriend.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Assuming none of RaD's stuff is coming to Quest imminently. Hopefully Vertigo's announcement is.

Tayaya

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm hoping we get some great announcements and a shadow drop of at least one game. Sure I still have a backlog and 3 more games I still want to buy as-is, but I am not going to complain if they open up those taps! One of the issues I had with the GO was that after a great launch a whole lot of nothing came out from any of the larger developers. It fell out of favor with me because of that, but thankfully my kids love it so it wasn't a total waste. Quest came out of the gate STRONG, and I just want it to continue that momentum for a good, long time.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Echo Arena/Echo Combat is totally coming to Quest. Lone Echo is the wild card but I would love if it made the jump over.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Good to hear they're gonna have a strong presence, amidst all the Xbox hoopla and despite using a Quest almost daily I kinda forgot about them being there to show stuff :p

We're already getting a couple new games (pc vr ports anyhow) in the next week for Quest...

Swords of Gargantua:

And this:

TheWizards.png

the-wizards-magical-hands.gif

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
What's the additional announcement from Ready at Dawn? That they're being acquired by Facebook?