• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Hopefully this gets resolved asap.

Facebook's new Oculus Quest virtual reality (VR) headset seems to be a hit with early adopters, causing inventory shortages at a number of retailers. A week after its official launch, the headset was sold out at Amazon, Walmart and Newegg Tuesday.
A Facebook spokesperson acknowledged the inventory issues in a statement sent to Variety: "We're so glad to see the excitement and interest in Oculus Quest. While some of our retail partners are temporarily out of stock online, we're working to restore availability in all channels as soon as possible. That said, people can still buy Quest from Oculus.com and from many stores around the world."

It's still too early to say what these inventory issues mean for absolute Quest sales numbers, and the impact the device may have on the VR market as a whole. Some retailers may have been conservative in estimating consumer demand for the Quest after experiencing tepid demand for previous headsets. What's more, first-week sales of the device are likely driven by VR early adopters, and Facebook is expected to sell many more Quest units during the holiday shopping season.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How much of a power differential is there between Quest and S? And are any S-compatible games also playable on Quest?

Dec 11, 2017
Seeing as it is still available at Oculus.com and elsewhere, all this tells us is Walmart and Amazon underestimated demand and made small initial orders.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I have one and it's a terrific product. I'm not surprised they are hard to find.

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Best Buy is sold out online for the 64gb, looks like its also sold out within 250 miles of me. That's crazy!

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GameStop was sold out yesterday now they have both in stock online. Still really tempted to get a 64GB one.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
god damn people are fucking THIRSTY for PC-less VR lmaao

this is awesome. I already have my OG Oculus so I have no rush to upgrade but if this does well I can't wait for what the 2nd if not 3rd gen version will look like