• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They're back in stock in Best Buy I just secured one that should be arriving on Tuesday. I hope. I was stuck between this and PSVR for Astrobot, Wipeout and Squadrons but I figured I'd wait for PS5 and a potentially upgraded VR2.

Anybody mind throwing out some must have games? I'm really eager to play Echo Arena. Looks like Enders Game to me. I also don't have a desktop, so linking is out of the question.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
They're back in stock in Best Buy I just secured one that should be arriving on Tuesday. I hope. I was stuck between this and PSVR for Astrobot, Wipeout and Squadrons but I figured I'd wait for PS5 and a potentially upgraded VR2.

Anybody mind throwing out some must have games? I'm really eager to play Echo Arena. Looks like Enders Game to me. I also don't have a desktop, so linking is out of the question.
I actually just tried Echo Arena for the first time and it's a hoot. There's the obviously recommendation of Beat Saber, Pistol Whip, etc. But make sure you grab SideQuest because there's some cool stuff like Pavlov Shack.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't have many games yet. Beat Saber and Super Hot are obviously must-haves on any platform. I'm going to try out Shadow Point as I grabbed it the other day. BoxVR is a pretty simple but neat workout game, although you can probably do just as well and have more fun with Beat Saber. I'm considering Pistol Whip as well. The Wizards and Ghost Giants were pretty fun on PSVR too.

Don't forget the apps. Skybox VR plays all your 2D, 3D and VR movies and can be configured to read off your network shared files. You can get movies to play in a virtual theathre if you'd like. Also, I haven't gotten it yet but Virtual Desktop allows you to stream VR games off your PC if you also do a little legwork with opening the Quest to sideloading.

OP
OP
HiLife

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There is an entire app that you can sideload that has a custom song browser that makes it stupid easy to install them. :)

Sweeeeeeeet. I'm so amped for Tuesday. So many cool games I keep seeing on the subreddit that developers talk about. A virtual coloring book (Color Space) seems like absolute heaven.

I don't have many games yet. Beat Saber and Super Hot are obviously must-haves on any platform. I'm going to try out Shadow Point as I grabbed it the other day. BoxVR is a pretty simple but neat workout game, although you can probably do just as well and have more fun with Beat Saber. I'm considering Pistol Whip as well. The Wizards and Ghost Giants were pretty fun on PSVR too.

Don't forget the apps. Skybox VR plays all your 2D, 3D and VR movies and can be configured to read off your network shared files. You can get movies to play in a virtual theathre if you'd like. Also, I haven't gotten it yet but Virtual Desktop allows you to stream VR games off your PC if you also do a little legwork with opening the Quest to sideloading.

Superhot! Yeah I played that a little on console but experiencing in VR is clearly the optimal way. I'm excited. My wallet be damned. Lol.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Also, there's another SideQuest app I heavily recommend. It's a smaller little title, but it's excellent. It's called Tea for God. I really opened my eyes to what the Quest is capable of. I don't want to give away too much, but it makes you feel like your playing space is way larger than it actually is.

Edit: It's also free.

OP
OP
HiLife

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Just YouTube'd this and the music sounds amazing . Thumper VR also looks good. Which begs the question, do I need headphones or does it have speakers on the side of the headset? Cause if so *pulls out wallet*

Also, there's another SideQuest app I heavily recommend. It's a smaller little title, but it's excellent. It's called Tea for God. I really opened my eyes to what the Quest is capable of. I don't want to give away too much, but it makes you feel like your playing space is way larger than it actually is.

Edit: It's also free.

Currently googling about this and also researching more about side loading so I'm ready for this week!

Oct 27, 2017
Just YouTube'd this and the music sounds amazing . Thumper VR also looks good. Which begs the question, do I need headphones or does it have speakers on the side of the headset? Cause if so *pulls out wallet*

Currently googling about this and also researching more about side loading so I'm ready for this week!
there's speakers, but headphones are like super recommended!!

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
www.resetera.com

Just got myself an Oculus Quest... What should I be playing on it?

Going to pick up a 64 gig unit later today. What are the must have games? I've never really used VR before, so it doesn't matter how old the titles are as I've never played any of them.

www.resetera.com

...so i overpaid for an oculus quest...recommend me some must have quest games!

Like the title says. I paid about 200 bucks over msrp for a 64 gb quest. I reeeaallly wanted to play in vr. I know the big ones like super hot and beat saber. Can i play half life alyx with it if all i have is a windows surface? What other great vr games are on it?

www.resetera.com

My Oculus Quest is finally here! What do I try first?

Oh man, I've been trying to get one of these for MONTHS and finally! Finally I have one! The question is what should I break the ice with? I have a PC as well, so PC VR game recommendations are great too Anything I should know about handling my headset before I get started as well?

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
capsule_616x353.jpg

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
If you're gonna sideload and you have strong VR legs, there's a bunch of classic PC stuff you can buy on sale on Steam. You need to buy the PC version because you need the files to run these mods on Quest. Stuff like Half-Life 1, Quake, Quake 2, Doom (and all the games that ran on those engines). Those games are all super cheap on Steam right now.

OP
OP
HiLife

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

Just got myself an Oculus Quest... What should I be playing on it?

Going to pick up a 64 gig unit later today. What are the must have games? I've never really used VR before, so it doesn't matter how old the titles are as I've never played any of them.

www.resetera.com

...so i overpaid for an oculus quest...recommend me some must have quest games!

Like the title says. I paid about 200 bucks over msrp for a 64 gb quest. I reeeaallly wanted to play in vr. I know the big ones like super hot and beat saber. Can i play half life alyx with it if all i have is a windows surface? What other great vr games are on it?

www.resetera.com

My Oculus Quest is finally here! What do I try first?

Oh man, I've been trying to get one of these for MONTHS and finally! Finally I have one! The question is what should I break the ice with? I have a PC as well, so PC VR game recommendations are great too Anything I should know about handling my headset before I get started as well?

I'll be going through these as well. Currently looking at Pistol whip. Dope.

Thanks guys!