• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
It's weird that I don't have the audio issue if I play through virtual desktop but I definitely get it through the Oculus link.

Now that you mention it, I do remember briefly playing this way without issues. But I figured it would benefit from the Link and decided to wait for my longer cable. I wonder what could possibly explain this. Both methods require the use of SteamVR. Odd.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Man it's really irritating how the Quest doesn't really work with mesh networks right now.... Oculus really needs to fix this and it sounds like it's been that way for awhile.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Man it's really irritating how the Quest doesn't really work with mesh networks right now.... Oculus really needs to fix this and it sounds like it's been that way for awhile.

I've actually been looking into this the past few days, since I was trying down why my Quest was continually disconnecting. Was angry to find it was my Orbi. Used to work just fine with the Quest, but some Quest update broke it somewhere. I'm currently trying to hook an old router up to make a second wifi network that is just for my Quest. It's dumb but should work until they (hopefully) fix whatever problem they introduced.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ordered a 64GB as it went in stock on Amazon Canada today for $40 off for a few hours. With my local taxes it's $25 more expensive than off of the Oculus store, but also six weeks faster.
It's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow! (I was expecting Monday) ... and of course I work tomorrow o_o

Last edited:

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Ordered a 64GB as it went in stock on Amazon Canada today for $40 for a few hours. With my local taxes it's $25 more expensive than off of the Oculus store, but also six weeks faster.
It's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow! (I was expecting Monday) ... and of course I work tomorrow o_o
I have to assume you missed a 0 in there because if not... then order a bunch of them off the oculus store for $15. I'll paypal you a few thousand, and you ship them to me, even with shipping that shouldn't make them more than $75 each. I sell them for $300 with ease, funnel the money back into another wave of them, and then split the profits and make out like bandits. BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA VR MEANS LIFE!

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have to assume you missed a 0 in there because if not... then order a bunch of them off the oculus store for $15. I'll paypal you a few thousand, and you ship them to me, even with shipping that shouldn't make them more than $75 each. I sell them for $300 with ease, funnel the money back into another wave of them, and then split the profits and make out like bandits. BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA VR MEANS LIFE!
Woops, I meant to write $40 OFF, lol
Fixed it now.

Fun thing is Amazon put it back to regular price literally three minutes after I placed my order.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Just did a quick test with my official Oculus Link cable that just arrived and the cable is certainly longer than I had pictured in my head, but that's probably a good thing rather than shorter. After dealing with the streamlined experience of the Quest, it feels a bit jarring having each controller being tied to a specific interface and weird that I have to remember to deal with two of them. Also after getting used to no wires, getting tethered is a lot more jarring than I expected. I feel spoiled now.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Well, the quest is phenomenal.

The likes of pistol whip, mission ISS, Vader Immortal, beat Saber, journey of the gods, space pirate trainer and drop dead dual strike are fantastic to play and the presence of the VR world is insane.

Dual strike looks amazing for a game running on quest hardware and so do quite a few others, first contact looks incredible and rich in detail for a game doing what it does in vr. Space pirate trainer and super hot look brilliant for the hardware the quest packs in such a small form factor.

The games are also plentiful, I have added 30 games already to my wish list already and can't wait to pick some up once I'm done with the current batch of games I purchased. The content issue br had looks to be resolved by those jumping in for the first time in 2020.

The only sore point so far is Arizona Sunshine and it's insistence to render anything you drop or pick up and half the refresh rate of the screen, which really fucks my brain up in vr and is a piss poor decision by the dev. Yes I know the quest has limits, but they should have nailed the picking up, throwing and dropping aspect and tried to get the oculus people to help them render those aspects at full FPS. I don't become sick but the feeling I get is of intense discomfort. I work though it but I refunded the game until it's on sale and I can deal with it without forking 30£ for it. A shame because the game itself was damn, damn fun and despite being cut down for the quest visuals wise the overall game was great and in line for what I expected from the quest.

Its clear though that oculus published or funded games are a cut above the 3rd party vr game graphics. So if you want to get a quest, try to get those games first.

Going to side quest Pavlov this weekend.

The quest is a brilliant device and super , super convenient.

Shit, I forgot to talk about the audio, even using a bunch of ok to good in ear headphones shows off the brilliance of spatial audio. Used my hyperX headset in bed afterward, whilst playing dual strike and watching YouTube and was floored with how rich the soundscape is.

Last edited:

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Well, the quest is phenomenal.

The likes of pistol whip, mission ISS, Vader Immortal, beat Saber, journey of the gods, space pirate trainer and drop dead dual strike are fantastic to play and the presence of the VR world is insane.

Dual strike looks amazing for a game running on quest hardware and so do quite a few others, first contact looks incredible and rich in detail for a game doing what it does in vr. Space pirate trainer and super hot look brilliant for the hardware the quest packs in such a small form factor.

The games are also plentiful, I have added 30 games already to my wish list already and can't wait to pick some up once I'm done with the current batch of games I purchased. The content issue br had looks to be resolved by those jumping in for the first time in 2020.

The only sore point so far is Arizona Sunshine and it's insistence to render anything you drop or pick up and half the refresh rate of the screen, which really fucks my brain up in vr and is a piss poor decision by the dev. Yes I know the quest has limits, but they should have nailed the picking up, throwing and dropping aspect and tried to get the oculus people to help them render those aspects at full FPS. I don't become sick but the feeling I get is of intense discomfort. I work though it but I refunded the game until it's on sale and I can deal with it without forking 30£ for it. A shame because the game itself was damn, damn fun and despite being cut down for the quest visuals wise the overall game was great and in line for what I expected from the quest.

Its clear though that oculus published or funded games are a cut above the 3rd party vr game graphics. So if you want to get a quest, try to get those games first.

Going to side quest Pavlov this weekend.

The quest is a brilliant device and super , super convenient.
You should play Red Matter.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mine just got delivered!
Gonna plug it in and charge it, since I gotta leave for work in two hours D=

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
I've actually been looking into this the past few days, since I was trying down why my Quest was continually disconnecting. Was angry to find it was my Orbi. Used to work just fine with the Quest, but some Quest update broke it somewhere. I'm currently trying to hook an old router up to make a second wifi network that is just for my Quest. It's dumb but should work until they (hopefully) fix whatever problem they introduced.

Yeah. I just bought a router and turned it into an access point. Only wireless device that connects is Quest.

It would have been nice to just let Windows 10 handle things since I had an unused wireless adapter built into my mobo, but even with just creating a 5ghz network, I'd get a nasty 1 - 2 second lag spike every once in a while. Made it completely out of the question. It's with an 8/16 core Ryzen 2700. So it wasn't from lack of resources either.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

So I successfully turned my old router into a second wifi network that my Quest connects to. It wasn't too difficult, either. It's ridiculous that it even needs to be something that has to be done, but if you have an old router laying around, or want to get a cheap travel-router for $25-$35 bucks, it's a solution until Oculus fixes whatever issue they introduced.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just tried it out a bit before heading to work. The Quest finally made me realize the one thing I was severely missing from VR -- freedom of movement. I don't mean the lack of wires (albeit that's the biggest boon), but as someone who never tried a Vive I never really had much beyond stationary experiences. Just doing the tutorial where it gets me to walk forward really got me interested.

That said I will definitely need to add a counterweight to the back of the strap. I do feel too much pressure at the front and beyond 20-30 minutes was becoming a bit much, but just by pulling on the back of the strap to test I could feel so much of that pressure alleviated. I do have an Anker 20100 battery, so I just need to consider how to go about putting that on it.

cakefoo

Nov 2, 2017
Just tried it out a bit before heading to work. The Quest finally made me realize the one thing I was severely missing from VR -- freedom of movement. I don't mean the lack of wires (albeit that's the biggest boon), but as someone who never tried a Vive I never really had much beyond stationary experiences. Just doing the tutorial where it gets me to walk forward really got me interested.

That said I will definitely need to add a counterweight to the back of the strap. I do feel too much pressure at the front and beyond 20-30 minutes was becoming a bit much, but just by pulling on the back of the strap to test I could feel so much of that pressure alleviated. I do have an Anker 20100 battery, so I just need to consider how to go about putting that on it.
10050's are a sleeker form factor, but knock yourself out! 20100's might be a better balance. I use a couple double-sided velcro cable ties. You'll have a ton of ties left for all kinds of wire management situations.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
10050's are a sleeker form factor, but knock yourself out! 20100's might be a better balance. I use a couple double-sided velcro cable ties. You'll have a ton of ties left for all kinds of wire management situations.
Yeah the 20100 is kind of nuts for size, but since I already have it I figure I'll stick with it, lol
I'll look into Velcro ties!

plagiarize

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I'm glad I find the Quest plenty comfy. Been playing for hours just now.

Arizona Sunshine is great. If you don't mind the low res textures and low poly environments and enemies it's a nicely fleshed out game with a decent amount of content and good gameplay and voice acting.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know the deal with disconnecting your Quest from Windows when using Link? I always like to eject my USB devices before pulling the plug (to avoid corruption). But if you ask Windows to eject your Quest after it's been in Link mode, it refuses to do it because "services are using it". It doesn't matter if I close everything down. Is it safe to just pull the plug?

plagiarize

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Does anyone know the deal with disconnecting your Quest from Windows when using Link? I always like to eject my USB devices before pulling the plug (to avoid corruption). But if you ask Windows to eject your Quest after it's been in Link mode, it refuses to do it because "services are using it". It doesn't matter if I close everything down. Is it safe to just pull the plug?
I've been pulling the plug without thought to no harm.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well I think I can conclude Quest is the best VR experience I've had, and (unsurprising) Beat Saber is the best VR game I've ever played. Holy crap that game is fun. Also as a LoL fan I didn't know K/DA was a bonus song in the game, so that was pretty great.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
My obsession with trying to get Polybius to work with Link has revealed some fundamental truths to me:

1.) I have a 6mm faceplate on both my Vive and Quest. And I don't know how to explain it (maybe outlier face shape?), but I swear I have a larger FOV with the Quest. It absolutely feels wider to me. Not only in the sense it doesn't look like a circular tunnel, but I can see more of the playfield too. And yes, I have my Vive optics as close to my face as the controls allow.

2.) I love that the Quest has that larger space beneath the nose. The Quest is so much cooler than the Vive with this air getting inside. I was sweating up a storm running Polybius on my Vive. I forgot how hot that thing was. That and the cable is the real subconscious reason I didn't use it very often. I never sweat with the Quest unless it's from physical activity or motion sickness.

3.) I can't play Polybius with VD. The extra lag kills it for me. I'm smacking into gates that I should easily be going through. Also, this game (when not broken and slowed down) flies! The Link handles compression way better than VD IMO. This game is a torture test for that.

4.) The phyiscs engine is just broken when playing Polybius on Link. It turns the most Zen game in all of VR into a frustrating game where you're playing in slo-mo. Literally. The physics engine is running in slo motion (with periodic periods of speed up). This is why the shooting SFX are the garbled mess they are. It's just a side-effect of the physics engine being in a yo-yo state.

Polybius with Link (using old Oculus SDK) >>>> Vive >>>> Polybius with VD. Obviously this is no longer an option, but if it ever gets fixed, it'll be the way to play again.

Last edited:

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
All this Polybius talk makes me glad I'm keeping PSVR where I can play that game at 120fps and zero issues. I've double dipped on SO many PSVR games by rebuying them for PC and Quest Link and in some cases triple dipped (Bridge Crew! PSVR to PC to native Quest). But hey, I can still play Wipeout and flawless Polybius so gotta keep the PSVR!

Deleted member 34788

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
You should play Red Matter.

Man, just checked out a few trailers and gameplay footage of this and it looks might impressive and visually amazing.

One of the best looking games on the platform for sure.

Since I got the quest, I demoed it to no less then 13 family members and they were floored with the quest and loved the games for it. So much so that today me and my nephews moved the furniture over at their house and played 3 straight hours of the likes of Pavlov, beat saber and pistol whip.

Thankfully whilst playing the quest vr games, movement and free locomotion doesn't result me in having motion sickness, but I do keep feeling a strange sensation in the back of my head and my brain telling I'm not actually moving whilst moving in the vr world. Only caused discomfort in the lies of Arizona Sunshine but in other games like Pavlov, Vader immortal and pistol whip the movement and locomotion feels fine. Haven't had any long term sick feelings at all. The strange sensation and feeling is less and less as I get more VR time.

Deleted member 34788

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
My silicone face mask for the front part of the oculus came today alongside the leather padded headband head strap. Took a half day off of work to test out both.

Both make a world of difference for comfort and breathability whilst using the quest for me. Dont get me wrong, the quest out of the box is great fitting wise but a few simple comfort mods make the quest so snug fitting.

Needed the mask so can clean out the sweat of others after they had vr gaming sessions easily and for my eyes and face to breathe a little bit more. It definitey cools the area the quest occupies a lot more then the standard cloth cover.

The head strap is great though, the quest kept slipping off ever so slightly when playing pistol whip and the head strap/band makes the quest fit like a glove on the back and top of my head doesn't move at all.

Wanted to get a vr cover branded face mask and head strap but they are way,way too much in the UK.

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
My obsession with trying to get Polybius to work with Link has revealed some fundamental truths to me:

1.) I have a 6mm faceplate on both my Vive and Quest. And I don't know how to explain it (maybe outlier face shape?), but I swear I have a larger FOV with the Quest. It absolutely feels wider to me. Not only in the sense it doesn't look like a circular tunnel, but I can see more of the playfield too. And yes, I have my Vive optics as close to my face as the controls allow.

2.) I love that the Quest has that larger space beneath the nose. The Quest is so much cooler than the Vive with this air getting inside. I was sweating up a storm running Polybius on my Vive. I forgot how hot that thing was. That and the cable is the real subconscious reason I didn't use it very often. I never sweat with the Quest unless it's from physical activity or motion sickness.

3.) I can't play Polybius with VD. The extra lag kills it for me. I'm smacking into gates that I should easily be going through. Also, this game (when not broken and slowed down) flies! The Link handles compression way better than VD IMO. This game is a torture test for that.

4.) The phyiscs engine is just broken when playing Polybius on Link. It turns the most Zen game in all of VR into a frustrating game where you're playing in slo-mo. Literally. The physics engine is running in slo motion (with periodic periods of speed up). This is why the shooting SFX are the garbled mess they are. It's just a side-effect of the physics engine being in a yo-yo state.

Polybius with Link (using old Oculus SDK) >>>> Vive >>>> Polybius with VD. Obviously this is no longer an option, but if it ever gets fixed, it'll be the way to play again.

Which faceplate are you using? I feel like I need to widen my FOV a bit. I installed the eyeglass spacer and prescription lenses (which I don't even think I need because it doesn't feel sharper than before) which might have shrunk the fov a bit, unless I am crazy.

I also hope they fix Polybius on link because I started using link more now that I built my new pc. The ryzen 3600 cpu makes all stuttering issues I had on my i5-6600k disappear while plugged in, so games run smooth now. I played some Hellblade VR on my 1660ti card and it ran perfect on high. Virtual Desktop also suffers from dark blacks compared to the link, but I think it's on his things to fix soon.

Once I buy an extra usb c cable and the kiwi pulley system, I doubt I will use virtual desktop as much because I'd rather have less compression and latency in pc vr.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Which faceplate are you using? I feel like I need to widen my FOV a bit. I installed the eyeglass spacer and prescription lenses (which I don't even think I need because it doesn't feel sharper than before) which might have shrunk the fov a bit, unless I am crazy.

I also hope they fix Polybius on link because I started using link more now that I built my new pc. The ryzen 3600 cpu makes all stuttering issues I had on my i5-6600k disappear while plugged in, so games run smooth now. I played some Hellblade VR on my 1660ti card and it ran perfect on high. Virtual Desktop also suffers from dark blacks compared to the link, but I think it's on his things to fix soon.

Once I buy an extra usb c cable and the kiwi pulley system, I doubt I will use virtual desktop as much because I'd rather have less compression and latency in pc vr.

I have a 6mm Vive cushion that I attached to the glasses spacer. The glasses spacer is all I use. So I'm very close to the screen. Way to close for anyone who was wearing glasses. I also had a spare Vive VR covers cloth cover that I have over it. This cover blocks out the light bleed that would otherwise occur.

With the DAS and counter-weight, only my forehead cushion is serving any use for me anyways. This allowed me to cut out the dead space and really get close. I've got great edge to edge clarity being this close in.

With my Vive, I'm also use a 6mm faceplate and have the lenses as close as they move. Which is why I think it's pretty crazy the Quest FOV definitely seems larger to me.

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I have a 6mm Vive cushion that I attached to the glasses spacer. The glasses spacer is all I use. So I'm very close to the screen. Way to close for anyone who was wearing glasses. I also had a spare Vive VR covers cloth cover that I have over it. This cover blocks out the light bleed that would otherwise occur.

With the DAS and counter-weight, only my forehead cushion is serving any use for me anyways. This allowed me to cut out the dead space and really get close. I've got great edge to edge clarity being this close in.

With my Vive, I'm also use a 6mm faceplate and have the lenses as close as they move. Which is why I think it's pretty crazy the Quest FOV definitely seems larger to me.

That sounds awesome!

Oct 29, 2017
My silicone face mask for the front part of the oculus came today alongside the leather padded headband head strap. Took a half day off of work to test out both.

Both make a world of difference for comfort and breathability whilst using the quest for me. Dont get me wrong, the quest out of the box is great fitting wise but a few simple comfort mods make the quest so snug fitting.

Needed the mask so can clean out the sweat of others after they had vr gaming sessions easily and for my eyes and face to breathe a little bit more. It definitey cools the area the quest occupies a lot more then the standard cloth cover.

The head strap is great though, the quest kept slipping off ever so slightly when playing pistol whip and the head strap/band makes the quest fit like a glove on the back and top of my head doesn't move at all.

Wanted to get a vr cover branded face mask and head strap but they are way,way too much in the UK.

Do you have links to the cover and strap?

Deleted member 34788

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Sure:

I got them both from amazon:

Eyglo Silicone VR Face Cover Mask... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07WPHB3BT?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Eyglo Headband Head Strap for... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B082Y6CPZR?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Frankly, the suppliers have jacked up the accessory prices for the quest comfort mods but eh, its supply and demand and I cant knock the hustle.

I'm sure you can get the items cheaper elsewhere but I already have prime and the headstrap/headband was deliver a day earlier then amazon said.

Case for the quest I use:

JSVER Case for Oculus... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078TCJ1HZ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Wanted something compact and cheap but good to house the quest in. This is perfect. I have an old destek microfiber bag that came with my phone vr headset ages ago, so I use that to put the controllers in so they dont scrach the lenses.

It's a pretty tight fit, as I also put the charger, cable and pair of in ear headphones in the net storage area on the other side of the case. But just about everything fits in without concerning me about crushing the headset or controllers.

Oh and lens cover I wish listed after looking at alternatives:

NEWZEROL Replacement for VR Lens Protect Cover Dust Proof Cover for Oculus Quest, Washable Protective Sleeve for Virtual Reality Accessories - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07WXNBFRF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_lAlhEbE8ASX47

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Setup Oculus Link today with the Anker cable. Works splendidly.
Also installed custom songs in Beat Saber, as well as sideloaded Pavlov.
This thing is fantastic!

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Some dude on Reddit posted the best tip this morning (and I've just tested to confirm it works).

If you need to recenter your default position when using Link (and none of the centering options work), if you rapidly press the Oculus home button 4 times, it'll minimize Link and return you to your Quest home space. Then hold the Oculus home button to recenter yourself there. Follow directions to return to Link and you'll now be centered to the position you just did in your Quest home.

This has annoyed me since the Link dropped. Certain games just could not be re-centered to your current position. This totally works:)

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Some dude on Reddit posted the best tip this morning (and I've just tested to confirm it works).

If you need to recenter your default position when using Link (and none of the centering options work), if you rapidly press the Oculus home button 4 times, it'll minimize Link and return you to your Quest home space. Then hold the Oculus home button to recenter yourself there. Follow directions to return to Link and you'll now be centered to the position you just did in your Quest home.

This has annoyed me since the Link dropped. Certain games just could not be re-centered to your current position. This totally works:)

Cool tip! I will definitely keep that in mind when I have issues.

I grabbed the quest native version of pistol whip today. That might be my favorite game now. It's so much fun and gives a good workout.

I backordered this headstrap for the quest:

It seems to be in-between the thin and normal vrcover version. I use a silicone cover and a homemade counterweight already. It's comfortable but this might perfect it.

plagiarize

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA

Good to know. I've got into the habit of recentering my space on the 'Do you want to activate link?' prompt, using the grid on the floor and making sure I'm in the middle of my play space, but this will be good for if I forget.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Good to know. I've got into the habit of recentering my space on the 'Do you want to activate link?' prompt, using the grid on the floor and making sure I'm in the middle of my play space, but this will be good for if I forget.

I didn't realize that would influence things. It's definitely handy, though, when talking about seated VR. It was a real pain when all you wanted to do was sit in a chair and have the game centered on that, but a game would block you from performing a re-center.

Deleted member 34788

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Played the demo version of journey of the gods last night.

Sweet baby jesus was it an epic experience. I kinda just stood in awe at the vistas and world around me. They have done a immense job in scale and it's another game that makes vr shine.

Had the same sense of scale I got from death stranding. Definite buy from me down the line.

My 30£ refund for Arizona sunshine has come through and need some game recommendations, oculus also gave me £4 credit so I can but around 3 games. Looking to get some highly replayable games. So time attacks, score based, or just highly enjoyable lengthy games

I've shortlisted the following;

1.Space pirate trainer

2.Gun club vr ( I already have pavlov so this might be eeeh)

3.Apex construct

4.Ballista

5.Sariento unleashed (this looks fucking fantastic)

6.Job simulator ( I dont have the 6x6 play area though, more like a rectangle play area, plus I'll likely alternate between stationary and roomscale, can the game be finished in stationary mode only?)

7.Knockout kings

8.Cave Digger

9.Swords of Gargantua

10. Shadow point

11. Thrill of the fight. However I'm apprehensive of this one due to not having the space needed to play. Can the analog sticks be used for locomotion?

Avoiding anything above £15 for now. Any recommendations and top 2 or 3 games to get would be greatly appreciated.

Deleted member 31333

Banned
Nov 6, 2017

Sweet baby jesus was it an epic experience. I kinda just stood in awe at the vistas and world around me. They have done a immense job in scale and it's another game that makes vr shine.

Had the same sense of scale I got from death stranding. Definite buy from me down the line.

My 30£ refund for Arizona sunshine has come through and need some game recommendations, oculus also gave me £4 credit so I can but around 3 games. Looking to get some highly replayable games. So time attacks, score based, or just highly enjoyable lengthy games

1.Space pirate trainer

3.Apex construct

4.Ballista

6.Job simulator ( I dont have the 6x6 play area though, more like a rectangle play area, plus I'll likely alternate between stationary and roomscale, can the game be finished in stationary mode only?)

7.Knockout kings

8.Cave Digger

9.Swords of Gargantua

10. Shadow point

11. Thrill of the fight. However I'm apprehensive of this one due to not having the space needed to play. Can the analog sticks be used for locomotion?

Avoiding anything above £15 for now. Any recommendations and top 2 or 3 games to get would be greatly appreciated.
I really need to try the Journey of the Gods demo. It has been on my Quest for months but I keep neglecting it.

For your list, I haven't played most of what you listed so I might not have the best advice, but of your list the one I enjoyed most was Shadow point. I also like Sariento but I don't have the legs for it yet so it's my least played purchase.

What I would really recommend is Vacation Simulator even though it's not on your list and might be too expensive for you. I have Job Simulator on PSVR and it is okay but I had had enough of it very quickly. Vacation Simulator is 10x better than Job. So much more to do and if you go for 100%, you can easily get 10+ hours out of it. You don't need to walk around much either as you teleport from area to area.

SimonChris

Oct 27, 2017

1.Space pirate trainer

3.Apex construct

4.Ballista

7.Knockout kings

8.Cave Digger

9.Swords of Gargantua

10. Shadow point

I just finished Fisherman's Tale, and it was great, although very short. One of the best uses of VR i've seen.

jahepi

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico
I have been debating wether to get a Quest or not, i have the first version of the Vive but i like the mobility and ease of use of the Quest and now it can be plugged into your PC and the hand tracking feature looks amazing, but in terms of picture quality when plugged into a PC, are the compression and hertz difference (70hz Quest, 90hz Vive) noticeable?, does it look better than a Vive (Quest has higher res)?, did anyone upgrade from Vive to Quest?, is it worth?

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
I have been debating wether to get a Quest or not, i have the first version of the Vive but i like the mobility and ease of use of the Quest and now it can be plugged into your PC and the hand tracking feature looks amazing, but in terms of picture quality when plugged into a PC, are the compression and hertz difference (70hz Quest, 90hz Vive) noticeable?, does it look better than a Vive (Quest has higher res)?, did anyone upgrade from Vive to Quest?, is it worth?

I still have my Vive (had it 3.5 years and am debating whether I should just sell it). I think the Quest looks way better with Link. IMO the optics are significantly better and the screens, obviously, are too. I suppose Hz is an individual thing, but with these things all being low persistence, it doesn't really bother me. Motion resolution is still great.

I was playing Dirt Rally the other day and it should have been a game I noticed the difference on, but the image was just so much nicer it wasn't what I was thinking about. I was just thinking about how much nicer it looked on Quest. Same with Polybius. I was playing that two days ago. If any game should make a difference, it's that. But I only thought about the Hz difference much later. When I realized how little I cared and wouldn't have even noticed if I didn't know.

But some people could be physically bothered by 72hz so I'd put it squarely in the YMMV.

plagiarize

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I still have my Vive (had it 3.5 years and am debating whether I should just sell it). I think the Quest looks way better with Link. IMO the optics are significantly better and the screens, obviously, are too. I suppose Hz is an individual thing, but with these things all being low persistence, it doesn't really bother me. Motion resolution is still great.

I was playing Dirt Rally the other day and it should have been a game I noticed the difference on, but the image was just so much nicer it wasn't what I was thinking about. I was just thinking about how much nicer it looked on Quest. Same with Polybius. I was playing that two days ago. If any game should make a difference, it's that. But I only thought about the Hz difference much later. When I realized how little I cared and wouldn't have even noticed if I didn't know.

But some people could be physically bothered by 72hz so I'd put it squarely in the YMMV.
The 72hz vs 90hz hasn't bothered me one bit either, although I came from the consumer Rift. I'll be testing out an index for the first time soon and I understand that's a whole other thing.

Everything else is more or less flicker, but apparently the index doesn't feel like it has any flicker at 144hz. I'm interested to find out if my experience lines up with those claims.