• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
shodgson8 did you finish shadow point? Been playing it and got stuck early on at a part with a broken well. Have the weird mirror/looking glass thing and I assume I have to fix the well but it's not working

No sorry. I wasn't really enjoying it and also had an odd crash bug which pushed me to refund it. Do not believe I got to that part.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Tried axe throwing today for the first time, after I came home and showered I tried to get some Beat Saber in... couldn't make it a single song, my arms were like fucking jelly. Don't overwork yourself, folks.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Fucking fuck, I just passed by my quest which I had not used for one day and a half and notice the light was on. Then I check and the fucking Oculus logo was showing constantly. So now I have the logo burnt into the screen. I had activated the option to turn on the quest if it noticed activity but also the option to turn off after 15 seconds of inactivity. Why would the thing not just turn off? I am going to try and exchange it today, this is bullshit. Anybody here had this problem?

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking fuck, I just passed by my quest which I had not used for one day and a half and notice the light was on. Then I check and the fucking Oculus logo was showing constantly. So now I have the logo burnt into the screen. I had activated the option to turn on the quest if it noticed activity but also the option to turn off after 15 seconds of inactivity. Why would the thing not just turn off? I am going to try and exchange it today, this is bullshit. Anybody here had this problem?

I had that happen in the middle of the night (I noticed because the bright LED was lighting up an otherwise dark room). Also had the auto-on activity sensor turned off. I now do a hard shut down when not playing (which is bullshit, but what are you going to do).

That's horrible it can do burn-in like that. Is it burn-in or image retention? Maybe it's just image retention and it'll go away with so normal usage.

That logo is god-awful, though. As someone in this thread already mentioned, why go black on white after you learned it's literally the worst possible combo for god-rays. I wanna close my eyes everytime I see it because it's just awful looking.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
I had that happen in the middle of the night (I noticed because the bright LED was lighting up an otherwise dark room). Also had the auto-on activity sensor turned off. I now do a hard shut down when not playing (which is bullshit, but what are you going to do).

That's horrible it can do burn-in like that. Is it burn-in or image retention? Maybe it's just image retention and it'll go away with so normal usage.

That logo is god-awful, though. As someone in this thread already mentioned, why go black on white after you learned it's literally the worst possible combo for god-rays. I wanna close my eyes everytime I see it because it's just awful looking.
To be honest I'm not sure. What I see is like a ghosting image of the logo overlayed on top of what I'm seeing.
I already filed for a replacement in any case, let's see what happens.
But yeah, I also told them it's ridiculous to have a static bright white logo on a black background when using an oled panel.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
To be honest I'm not sure. What I see is like a ghosting image of the logo overlayed on top of what I'm seeing.
I already filed for a replacement in any case, let's see what happens.
But yeah, I also told them it's ridiculous to have a static bright white logo on a black background when using an oled panel.

It could be image retention. If you wanted to test, you could just let it sit and play a movie for a couple hours (and cover the sensor so it doesn't turn off). If it's image retention, the movie should flush it out and it should be back to normal.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
how does one get your gameplay recordings from the quest onto youtube?
i don't see an option in the oculus gallery and trying to take the file from the quest and upload it to youtube doesn't work either :P

also

Last edited:

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So now that Journe of the Gods recently released on Rift (30$) and Vader is coming today (10$). Are they worth the price tag?

Any game(s) Journey of the Gods can be compared to? Have no idea what game it is. Have heard it being inspire by Zelda.

Also, is Vader Episode 1 an actual game or more of an experience?

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
So now that Journe of the Gods recently released on Rift (30$) and Vader is coming today (10$). Are they worth the price tag?

Any game(s) Journey of the Gods can be compared to? Have no idea what game it is. Have heard it being inspire by Zelda.

Also, is Vader Episode 1 an actual game or more of an experience?
There is at least a demo for Journey on the quest so ideally that got ported over for the rift as well.
the demo was neat but I haven't gotten the full game yet. The comparisons to Zelda seem fair to me though as long as you understand that it's like a zelda game being played at like half speed so that you don't explode with vomit from motion sickness as you run around the world :P

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Vader Episode 1 tells a story, has some light puzzles and interaction, has a little bit of lightsaber combat, and a full separate wave-based lightsaber combat mode.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Use an android file transfer tool to move it to your PC or Mac and then upload it to YouTube.
On this topic.

Is there a sideload-able apk for something to copy videos or screenshots over from the Quest to say a NAS on your network?
I'd love some WiFi solution to do this from within the headset rather than connecting it to a PC via usb.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
So I modded Beat Saber, and now it won't update....

It doesn't seem to want to uninstall either. Halp?
us your modder to uninstall beat saber and then download it fresh and update and then use the most recent version of the modder to mod it assuming you are using one that supports the current version.

I don't think there was an update today, but if there was then you would need to wait a few days to do all this, if there wasn't then you can figure it out. Just consider it a side quest >.>

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
us your modder to uninstall beat saber and then download it fresh and update and then use the most recent version of the modder to mod it assuming you are using one that supports the current version.

I don't think there was an update today, but if there was then you would need to wait a few days to do all this, if there wasn't then you can figure it out. Just consider it a side quest >.>

Yeah, working now. Uninstalled, so will reinstall latest version and mod again. Thanks! :)

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I just got the cloth covers from vr cover. I thought they were lost in the mail because I ordered them so long ago. I love them btw. The other ones were never a consideration because had ones that don't absorb sweat for my Vive from vr cover and I didn't like them at all. Anyway I recommend the cloth covers if anyone has been considering them. I also have that deluxe headstrap thing from studioform coming so I'll post my take on that too when it comes.

Oct 30, 2017
I am happy with what I have on my quest but it is really surprising how slow new releases are coming at a time when the system will have its most buzz. Like, what is the point of telling devs "no" just to have weeks of radio silence?

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
The key to making it comfortable is definitely doing whatever you have to to avoid any weight on the cheeks. I upped my counter-weight (with DAS) another 50 grams and I'm now squarely in the very tolerable zone. Thing is pretty heavy, but it's a balanced heavy that keeps my cheeks pressure free:)

D23

Oct 25, 2017
got the quest yesterday and im having so much fun! picked up superhot, beat saber and vader- ive been playing superhot and its freaking amazing on this thing- night and day compares to PSVR thanks to the amazing tracking system

Deleted member 31333

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I am happy with what I have on my quest but it is really surprising how slow new releases are coming at a time when the system will have its most buzz. Like, what is the point of telling devs "no" just to have weeks of radio silence?
They launched with close to 50 titles to choose from and there has been new releases the last week or two. I certainly haven't run out of stuff to play yet.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
They launched with close to 50 titles to choose from and there has been new releases the last week or two. I certainly haven't run out of stuff to play yet.

There were technically 50 products at launch but 12 of those were apps and 38 were games and of those 38 games I would say only 10-15 are worth a damn. Look I love the Quest but it needs much more in the store.

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Vader Ultimate on my Rift. God, that was short, but amazing. Using the lightsaber was super fun. The moment I realized there was a lightsaber in that dark doom I was so full of joy.

Deleted member 31333

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Just finished Vader Ultimate on my Rift. God, that was short, but amazing. Using the lightsaber was super fun. The moment I realized there was a lightsaber in that dark doom I was so full of joy.
It was a great experience. I would love it if the second or third one gives you the ability of force powers. I would love to force pull my light Saber across the room to me and then force push an enemy well I'm fighting another one.

Newlove

Oct 28, 2017
England
The streaming function to Facebook keeps cutting out on me after a few minutes. Really annoying because it otherwise looks good, good microphone clarity and was hoping my friends could watch me playing Exorcist VR. Very frustrating.

Beesly

Dec 12, 2017
I finally received my quest yesterday!! Had it ordered since June 1. So far I've only bought Beat Saber as that seems to be the staple game. Absolutely incredible. Loving in.

Now to figure out which game I want to get next. Thinking Super Hot as that also seems like another must have.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
So I got my Quest today, such an upgrade from the PS VR, holy shit. Wander is incredible, Google came to the hotel where I work at and I could see myself in VR, it was pretty freaky and they didn't even blur my face!

Nothing really new to add though, will be looking for mods to get it more confortable.

Beat Saber is madness, can't wait to sideload this bitch up!

I am resting now, I feel like I will be having way more exercise than before with this baby!

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Tried putting a counterweight on the back of the vive DAS. Definitely helps to stop the front pulling down on your face but starts to make the headset heavy and you feel the increased resistance if you move your head side to side quickly.

Also puts a lot of the weight on that top strap which isn't the most comfortable. Better than stock quest but I'm not sure for longer sessions. Still need to try on my wife who hated the vanilla quest

Dispatch

Oct 25, 2017
I got my Quest a couple days ago, and, like almost everyone else, I'm incredibly impressed.

I purchased Beat Saber, of course, and Vader: Immortal and downloaded Rec Room. I'm sure I'll get Super Hot, but what else would everyone consider essential purchases?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I got my Quest a couple days ago, and, like almost everyone else, I'm incredibly impressed.

I purchased Beat Saber, of course, and Vader: Immortal and downloaded Rec Room. I'm sure I'll get Super Hot, but what else would everyone consider essential purchases?

Superhot, space pirate trainer. Tilt brush if you're remotely artistic or if you expect to share with others - just drawing shapes in real space is an immediately magical thing

Deleted member 31333

Banned
Nov 6, 2017

Superhot, space pirate trainer. Tilt brush if you're remotely artistic or if you expect to share with others - just drawing shapes in real space is an immediately magical thing
If you can, wait until mid next week to buy anything else. The Oculus summer sale is likely to start and there is a small chance for some bundles or at the very least, cross buy titles like Space Pirate trainer will go on sale.

Simplex

Oct 27, 2017

From my personal experience: Space Pirate Trainer, Robo Recall, Thumper
Titles that are often recommended: Apex Construct, I Expect You to Die, Moss, Shadow Point, Virtual Virtual Reality, Journey of the Gods, Ultrawings, The Wizards

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
isn't there supposed to be another app similar, but better than tilt brush, coming sometime in the next few months?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
isn't there supposed to be another app similar, but better than tilt brush, coming sometime in the next few months?

Gravity or something? More like a 3D modelling tool. I guess it depends what you want to do. I know especially for kids tilt brush is great for just doodling fantastic 3D spaces and moving around them

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
So after refunding Virtual Desktop because the streaming feature was removed I repurchased it, installed Sidequest and the Virtual Console apk from it. It didn't work at all so I looked up solutions on Reddit and read that I should reinstalled the pc client. I did that and it worked! So I'm streaming Steam vr through the headset just like before it was removed. I also have Sidequest as a new source of stuff to access. Very cool.

Beesly

Dec 12, 2017
So, figured out wearing the headset when I wear my hair up in a bun or ponytail, I can essentially let the back straps rest up against it and it acts as a counter weight. Pretty nice.

I did all the sidequest stuff, but cannot get ALVR to work. Just shows a black screen when I try to open it on the quest. So not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I also think I'm playing superhot wrong because I have no idea how you are supposed to play that game without having an entire backyard to yourself.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017

I play Sports Scramble daily. But if the demo is meh to you, the full game won't change your mind.