• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WGMBY

Oct 27, 2017
Boston, MA
Got around to finishing Vader Immortal, pretty cool experience, though it was damn short.

Next up will be Moss and RUSH for me, I grabbed both the other day.

Simplex

Oct 27, 2017
My quest has started having some pretty bad performance issues across all apps now. It kind of came out of the blue and I don't get what caused it? Can I backup saves before a factory reset?
Yes, you need to connect to PC and copy content of "Android\Data" to your HDD, and then copy back after factory reset. Worked for my in Superhot VR and Vader Immortal, may not work for all games.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Got around to finishing Vader Immortal, pretty cool experience, though it was damn short.

Next up will be Moss and RUSH for me, I grabbed both the other day.

Vader is really good, I agree it's short but I think they probably asked just about the right price for it. Have just picked up Moss myself...5th game after Beat Saber, Vader, Ultrawings, Superhot & Space Pirate Trainer (trying my hardest to pace myself with new purchases...)

Really looking forward to playing some tonight.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Any one else's quest constantly turning itself on during charging?

I can turn it all the way off, plug the cable in and it boots up a few minutes later. Turning it back off again starts the same loop over again.

I have option to wake up on activity turned off.

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Broke down and ordered a 128gb one.

Me to colleagues: Hey talk me out of spending money on this.
Colleagues: Why would we?
Me: sigh. <clicks confirm order>

Exit Music

Nov 13, 2017
What do you all think about the "racquet" games available? I tried the Sports Scramble demo and it was pretty cool, but I don't know how it stacks up to the others.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Got in an hour of Moss before the MS E3 conference...absolutely loved it. Accidentally deleted my save at the end though haha.

Animations of Quill are just beautiful and the world is really great looking. Going to have a lot of fun with it.

Soulstoner

Oct 27, 2017
The Quest and the S (and Go) use the exact same lens, so same "lens clarity" and sweet spot. Your eyes may have been fooled by the higher graphical fidelity of PC VR.
Must've been defective then. Crazy god rays and very difficult to get the sweet spot. I'm not new to VR either as I've had every major headset including Odyssey+.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Must've been defective then. Crazy god rays and very difficult to get the sweet spot. I'm not new to VR either as I've had every major headset including Odyssey+.
Yeah, all Oculus headsets have crazy god rays with light images on dark backgrounds. You would think Oculus would have changed their "white oval on black" logo when they first discovered that back in the Rift...

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
I doubt there would be any official sale this early on, at least where I am you can't even pick up a Quest at the moment due to demand. Best case would be to perhaps look for store specific deals.
basically 0 chance of it going on an official sale in the next few months.

that being said places like ebay and google express run coupons from time to time and places like best buy sometimes sell their stock on them.

so if they get listed and a coupon lines up you will save some money.

like what caused me to bite was for father's day best buy gave me a 10% off coupon which i used on the quest.

Thanks for the tips guys ! I'll keep an eye out for those.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Man, I need to look into those replacement foam/pleather covers. Between summer-weather Beat Saber and a bunch of friend demos my Quest is starting to get a bit of a funk.

Is there some trick to getting the Quest to reliably appear in File Explorer on a PC? At first toggling Developer Mode off and back on in the app would get it to appear, but that doesn't seem to work anymore. Weird, frustrating issue.

TrashHeap64

Dec 7, 2017
Austin, TX
I finally tried ALVR and came out impressed. My only question is, is there a way to reduce the controller's jittering? Also seems like they're pointing incorrectly (have up move them weird in VRchat to face the right way for example)

Feb 15, 2018
Any one else's quest constantly turning itself on during charging?

I can turn it all the way off, plug the cable in and it boots up a few minutes later. Turning it back off again starts the same loop over again.

I have option to wake up on activity turned off.

Yep, mine does exactly the same. I'm guessing it will need to be returned if you want it fixed. I'm already on my second Quest (and second one with a dead pixel, yay). I'm just going to put up with it and leave it in sleep mode and plugged in. In all my years of buying consoles etc at launch, this has been the worst by far in terms of bugs, defects etc.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got in an hour of Moss before the MS E3 conference...absolutely loved it. Accidentally deleted my save at the end though haha.

Animations of Quill are just beautiful and the world is really great looking. Going to have a lot of fun with it.

It's so fun to be able to look around the environment in 6DOF while controlling Quill (who is adorable).

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I got to try out the Quest in Best Buy over the weekend and it was better than I expected. Works perfectly with my glasses, which was something I was worried about. I definitely want to pick one up, just gotta find the money...

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
holy shit

echo_vr_quest_key_art-1000x563-o92r74wy2rmriwkmvktfxn8qgvrfcsiwv7h8ddudby.png

those are legit KA for quest ladies and gentleman.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Arizona looked pretty laughable from the PS4 (base) videos I've seen but I guess they found a way to get it to run on Quest.

Ready at Dawn seem reluctant to talk about Echo Combat but I still believe that will happen now that they are adapting their inhouse engine for bringing Echo Arena to Quest. Very good news.

Feb 15, 2018
Anyone elses controllers just disconnecting simultaneously during play? In game hands just freeze, powering off and on does not help and have to repair one of the controllers (didn't matter which) using the Oculus app and then all is well again. Removing batteries from controllers does not help either. Has done it twice in about 4 hours total game time.

This hardware is absolutely shocking in terms of reliability in my experience.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone elses controllers just disconnecting simultaneously during play? In game hands just freeze, powering off and on does not help and have to repair one of the controllers (didn't matter which) using the Oculus app and then all is well again. Removing batteries from controllers does not help either. Has done it twice in about 4 hours total game time.

no problems at all. :/

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Somebody please make a proper synthetic breathable fabric vr cover

Using Eneloops?

It wants 1.5v batteries, doesn't seem to be designed to handle 1.2v rechargeables.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
According to the Reddit, Cloudhead definitely wants to bring Pistol Whip to the Quest.

Somebody please make a proper synthetic breathable fabric vr cover

Using Eneloops?

It wants 1.5v batteries, doesn't seem to be designed to handle 1.2v rechargeables.

I don't think that's it. I've seen this posted before on the Reddit and I had this happen once too. It was actually with the included batteries that came with it. With the Eneloop Pros I'm now using, I've yet to have that happen.

Although I have had to restart my Quest twice because I had obnoxious text filling my screen saying that tracking was lost on the device. I'm not talking about pass-through mode and Guardian related. I'm just talking a bunch of text filling the screen saying tracking isn't working. Made all the more infuriating by the fact the HMD and controllers all tracked perfectly.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
just letting people know if you want the imagine dragons songs you have to choose them or custom songs right now.
they apparently changed how the files work so it's going to take at least a few days to rework custom songs on the current version of beat saber from what I'm reading.

oh well I had the base version installed long enough to buy the pack, and now back to custom songs lol

Deleted member 31333

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
So the Oculus store summer sale has got to be happening in the next couple of weeks right? I'm guessing there will be no individual Quest games that go on sale but there has got to be some Quest game packs.

Oculus Go had game packs for last years summer sale as I remember buying one. They are usually a pretty good deal. Go only launched a few weeks earlier in the year than the Quest did.

So if you have a Quest game you really want to buy and don't might getting a few other games with it, you might want to hold off a week or two.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
friend printed me off these
1fr1EsH.jpg

they fix my distance issue in beat saber and in general just feel better because holding at the bottom of the controler feels like you are at the bottom in beat saber while normally it feels like you are holding in the middle.

jonamok

Oct 28, 2017
Woohoo, just notified that my VRCover has shipped and been in transit for 9 days!

B-)

Surely it will be here in the UK any day n... Oh, it's still in Thailand.

B-(

Exit Music

Nov 13, 2017
BTW, how much worse in visual fidelity is the Quest compared to the Rift ? What about the PS VR ?

It's difficult to qualify that. You could look at YouTube videos that compare games side-by-side on each platform, but it really comes down to what you're talking about specifically. The Quest is higher resolution than either Rift or PSVR, I would argue it has better colors than either, but texture quality and shaders are definitely worse.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
So, my replacement Quest has been shipped and Facebook didn't put a required signature. I'm truly baffled why a $400 headset doesn't have a required signature.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Finally broke down and ordered the Deluxe Audio Strap. Microsoft has an outlet store on Ebay and they're selling them new for 74.99. Plus I haven't shopped on ebay forever, so ebay was targetting me with a 5.00 dollar off coupon (banner at the top of the page). So that dropped another 5 dollars off. Here's the link in case anyone is interested:

HTC Vive Deluxe Audio Strap 821793050610 | eBay

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
just letting people know if you want the imagine dragons songs you have to choose them or custom songs right now.
they apparently changed how the files work so it's going to take at least a few days to rework custom songs on the current version of beat saber from what I'm reading.

oh well I had the base version installed long enough to buy the pack, and now back to custom songs lol

Are there previews of the songs and maps before you buy? I don't mind supporting the devs but I'm too used to checking the levels out on bsaver now

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Finally broke down and ordered the Deluxe Audio Strap. Microsoft has an outlet store on Ebay and they're selling them new for 74.99. Plus I haven't shopped on ebay forever, so ebay was targetting me with a 5.00 dollar off coupon (banner at the top of the page). So that dropped another 5 dollars off. Here's the link in case anyone is interested:

HTC Vive Deluxe Audio Strap 821793050610 | eBay

From brief testing it's a notable step up in comfort. Still might need a counterweight
Or alternative cover but will test a while longer first

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
From brief testing it's a notable step up in comfort. Still might need a counterweight
Or alternative cover but will test a while longer first

Yeah. I know people used to put a counterweights on it with the Vive. So that's definitely something I plan on doing. I tested a counterweight with the Quest's stock rubber, and frankly, hated it. But that's because it was just tugging down on it more. It should actually be helpful with a strap that's rigid.

I also have a spare Vive VRCovers cloth cover that I think I can get attached with a little modification. And a thin Vive face foam that I can double stack to add more cushioning.

If I can't get this thing comfortable, it won't be for lack of trying.