• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
CKOHLER

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
I keep mine plugged in when I'm not using it. More specifically, I keep the battery strap plugged in which itself is plugged into the Quest 2. So, both get charged.

I haven't seen any definitive "best practices" regarding charging. For some rechargeable batteries, like those in drones, it's bad to let them run completely dry as it decreases their life but I'm not sure if the same is true of the batteries in the Quest 2.

Jayde Six

Feb 2, 2019
Are you guys storing the headset connected to the charger? Is there a best practice to preserve battery health?
I keep mine plugged in when I'm not using it. More specifically, I keep the battery strap plugged in which itself is plugged into the Quest 2. So, both get charged.

I haven't seen any definitive "best practices" regarding charging. For some rechargeable batteries, like those in drones, it's bad to let them run completely dry as it decreases their life but I'm not sure if the same is true of the batteries in the Quest 2.
The website has a best practices for battery life section. Basically turn it completely off when not in use and unplug when fully charged.

Meta Store Help Center

Sylvestre

Banned
Mar 20, 2020
I was very impressed by this tech when I bought it, but I find myself I never really want to play it, my eyes start hurting after 50 minutes of use, I feel my vision has degraded, there is no triple A game available, etc.

Ill return it to best buy today, was fun while it lasted :)

Oct 27, 2017
Henderson, NV
Are there more games like it?
Shockingly...no. I've been wondering (aloud in some forums) about why there aren't more games like this. A Diablo-style game like this would be incredible. Unfortunately, There's a strong sentiment that if something isn't first person VR, then it's not worth doing in VR.

The reaction that people have to Moss, the spectator cam in population one, and games like the curious tale of the stolen pets say otherwise.

I was just goofing around with Path of the Warrior wishing that game looked more like Moss...

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Shockingly...no. I've been wondering (aloud in some forums) about why there aren't more games like this. A Diablo-style game like this would be incredible. Unfortunately, There's a strong sentiment that if something isn't first person VR, then it's not worth doing in VR.

The reaction that people have to Moss, the spectator cam in population one, and games like the curious tale of the stolen pets say otherwise.

I was just goofing around with Path of the Warrior wishing that game looked more like Moss...

Astro Bot on PSVR would be similar.

Moss ends with the book saying "To Be Continued". I'm pretty sure we're never getting a sequel and I think it's due to sales not supporting it.

Hopefully with VR beginning to breakthrough with Quest, we'll see more titles like this become viable.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
So I ordered my Quest 2 off Amazon, and it should arrive Saturday. A few questions while I wait:

1. If I'm streaming from PC, will it automatically show what I'm streaming on TV so other people can watch?

2. I see that Minecraft is available in VR on the Windows 10 version. How do I launch that in VR?

3. Is there some list out there of all PC VR games that I can look at? Between all the different stores like Origin and EGS it's hard to see what's out there.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
So I ordered my Quest 2 off Amazon, and it should arrive Saturday. A few questions while I wait:

1. If I'm streaming from PC, will it automatically show what I'm streaming on TV so other people can watch?

2. I see that Minecraft is available in VR on the Windows 10 version. How do I launch that in VR?

3. Is there some list out there of all PC VR games that I can look at? Between all the different stores like Origin and EGS it's hard to see what's out there.
vrgamecritic.com

vrgamecritic VR Game Explorer

Find VR reviews from hundreds of publications across the globe on the most important portal for virtual reality game reviews.

Not sure it covers absolutely everything but if you check Vive and Rift you should be able to find everything worth playing in PCVR

Oct 27, 2017
Henderson, NV
Is anybody hating this new official Oculus Quest 2 case as much as I am? This zipper is atrocious. The OG Quest case wasn't great as I fail to understand why there's no dual zipper in case a single zipper fails, but this zipper tucked below the sideline of the case is killing me. When the zipper gets jammed (as mine is) trying to unjam it delicately without breaking the ONLY ZIPPER on the unit is an exercise in frustration.

Mr. Lemming

Oct 25, 2017
The case is fine, the zipper is ass. My string broke off the first time I tried to close it, haven't had a chance to try to fix it yet, might try to find a metal pull to put on.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone try Blair Witch on Quest 2 yet? Reviews seem a bit mixed, think I may sit this one out. Previews made it sound like there would be new content but sounds like its mostly the same game with motion controls.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man I can't figure out how to get VD working with Star Wars Squadrons via Origin. Regretting getting it from GMG and not waiting for a steam sale where it seems like it's much easier.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
My Quest 2 is finally almost here! Will probably blast through the initial setup quickly and then pop it on charge till later tonight when I can try it properly
and then try and get virtual desktop working

Soulstoner

Oct 27, 2017
What's everyone using for headphones or earbuds?

I'm finding virtual desktop games are very quiet with the default speaker, even at Max.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
My desktop computer has a 1070 and a Core i9-9900k and 32GB of RAM. I don't really game on it much. So I hadn't hooked up Virtual Desktop for VR yet since I didn't think the 1070 would work well. Well tonight, my nephew said he had an extra preorder slot for a 3070!

So I figured I'd see how well Virtual Desktop works.It was really easy to set up. And once I downloaded Oculus Desktop, I was ready to go. I actually have two 5GHz routers in my house. I set the Quest up to the one that my desktop is plugged into. It works really well! Even with my 1070. There's a tiny bit of lag with quick movements of the controller.

Needless to say, I bought the 3070. 🤣

azfaru

Dec 1, 2017
I got squadrons working perfectly now with the oculus link and HOLY SHIT thats an experience. It looks so real. Flying a tie fighter has always been a dream of mine since I was a kid and now I am!

DUDE! I was playing it yesterday too. A bit queasy at the start but nothing too bad. I failed a lot of the early missions cos I wasn't paying attention and just ogling the cockpit and surroundings lol. Like you said it brought me back to my childhood so much. Amazing stuff. This and Alyx is really making me excited for the future of VR

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
I could try some emulation tonight, with the link and big screen (oculus Rift store version).

3DS looks amazing, but the framerate is not good (the emulator is running at 60fps but not big screen it seems..)
Also tried some stereoscopic Dolphin but lots of things are broken and it's also super not fluid.. SO what is doing big screen to kill the framerate ?

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda disappointing how few games have graphical updates.
It's only been out for two weeks, give it a chance. Also, I would bet a number of games are all set for 90hz mode instead of graphical updates, we just have to wait for Oculus to fix the bugs holding back 90hz mode.

One game that got a great graphical update: Space Pirate Trainer. It now looks quite a bit closer to the PC version than before.

Sounds like what you are looking for is Chronos - unfortunately, that one is PCVR only, but it's amazing, a third-person hack and slash adventure game in VR with a unique twist: every time you die, a year passes and your character becomes a year older. The game is also the prequel to the non-VR game "Remnant: From the Ashes".

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Henderson, NV
It's only been out for two weeks, give it a chance. Also, I would bet a number of games are all set for 90hz mode instead of graphical updates, we just have to wait for Oculus to fix the bugs holding back 90hz mode.

One game that got a great graphical update: Space Pirate Trainer. It now looks quite a bit closer to the PC version than before.

Sounds like what you are looking for is Chronos - unfortunately, that one is PCVR only, but it's amazing, a third-person hack and slash adventure game in VR. And the prequel to the non-VR game "Remnant: From the Ashes".
Don't get me started with Chronos. Fun fact: i bought the original Oculus Quest because Chronos was advertised as coming out for the system. It was one of the pieces of art on the original advertisements. Apparently, it was a mistake with the marketing material. Over the past couple of years, I"ve reached out to the devs on Twitter to find out if there are *any* plans to release it on Quest natively. No response. The lack of interest in porting to Quest, if i had to guess, is Oculus themselves blocking early PCVR ports it due to the fact that for the first two years they wanted to heavily curate the content on Quest and not be seen as a PC port machine. That's my only reasoning because it seems like an easy sale.

I'm a Mac user, so unless Google or Amazon gets wise and starts doing the cloud gaming VR thing like Shadow PC does, I don't think I'll ever get the chance to play that game or any of the more immersive PC games (No Man's Sky, etc) . My hope is that Steam has been quietly working on their own standalone headset that supports their ecosystem...

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Don't get me started with Chronos. Fun fact: i bought the original Oculus Quest because Chronos was advertised as coming out for the system. It was one of the pieces of art on the original advertisements. Apparently, it was a mistake with the marketing material. Over the past couple of years, I"ve reached out to the devs on Twitter to find out if there are *any* plans to release it on Quest natively. No response. The lack of interest in porting to Quest, if i had to guess, is Oculus themselves blocking early PCVR ports it due to the fact that for the first two years they wanted to heavily curate the content on Quest and not be seen as a PC port machine. That's my only reasoning because it seems like an easy sale.
Well, they are remaking Chronos in 2D for modern consoles and PC, calling it Chronos: Before the Ashes, maybe that'll put them in the mood to port the new version to Quest :)

JackDT

Oct 27, 2017
I was very impressed by this tech when I bought it, but I find myself I never really want to play it, my eyes start hurting after 50 minutes of use, I feel my vision has degraded, there is no triple A game available, etc.

Ill return it to best buy today, was fun while it lasted :)

If your eyes are hurting, you might be in between IPD settings. You can try using the glasses spacer if you aren't already, that changes the IPD a bit and can make it comfortable if that was the issue.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
So I cant get hold of an elite strap with battery as they're all sold out, plus reading about the cracking is putting me off. With that in mind I've been reading I can basically buy a 10,000 mA battery pack and just plug it in, as long as it fits small criteria. So is it that simple?

Tankshell

Nov 1, 2017
Still can't believe the best VR Horror game is Alien Isolation on PC with the MotherVR mod. It's perfect and absolutely terrifying. That it didn't get an official VR re-release is mind boggling.

I played it all the way through on Rift last year. Has anybody played this on Quest via Link or VD?

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
I could try some emulation tonight, with the link and big screen (oculus Rift store version).

3DS looks amazing, but the framerate is not good (the emulator is running at 60fps but not big screen it seems..)
Also tried some stereoscopic Dolphin but lots of things are broken and it's also super not fluid.. SO what is doing big screen to kill the framerate ?

After reading your post, it dawned on me that I hadn't tried any emulators on Quest 2 since I got it. So I did. Here are those findings: First game I tried has DKC on SNES. Using Virtual Desktop, it looked really unfluid. So I switched the refresh rate to 60hz in VD. I don't think you can do this on Bigscreen, and I could see flickering on Windows desktop, but in the games, the flickering and reduced brightness weren't an issue. DKC played much smoother for me.

Dolphin is an interesting thing for a couple points:

#1.) Most of it works fantastically well in 3D, but only if they rendered everything according to the book. Which means almost all of the Japan stuff works great (with the rare exception), while a lot of the western stuff is broken (although a lot of it looks great).

#2.) A lot of games require significantly altered depth/convergence settings. What's good for one game can be unplayable with another. So it requires tinkering with Dolphin settings.

#3) Some times a game can have a completely broken UI, but be perfect in-game. I gave a go with Mario Tennis for the Gamecube. This is a game with a completely broken UI, but which looks amazing once you get onto the court and are playing. While still running at 60hz in VD, it was fantastically smooth. I'd even say, having playing this game in 3D on Vive, Quest 1, Index, and Quest 2, that the Quest 2 version is my absolute favorite. Super smooth and great IQ.

EDIT: You're running these games at 60fps in VR, right? Because there's a lot of overhead with all this stuff running, and just because you can normally hit 60fps, doesn't mean you can in VR. My old 4c/4t 3570k used to be a huge bottleneck with Dolphin and trying to get it all running at 60fps in VR. I needed more core to get things smooth.

Last edited:

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
After reading your post, it dawned on me that I hadn't tried any emulators on Quest 2 since I got it. So I did. Here are those findings: First game I tried has DKC on SNES. Using Virtual Desktop, it looked really unfluid. So I switched the refresh rate to 60hz in VD. I don't think you can do this on Bigscreen, and I could see flickering on Windows desktop, but in the games, the flickering and reduced brightness weren't an issue. DKC played much smoother for me.

Dolphin is an interesting thing for a couple points:

#1.) Most of it works fantastically well in 3D, but only if they rendered everything according to the book. Which means almost all of the Japan stuff works great (with the rare exception), while a lot of the western stuff is broken (although a lot of it looks great).

#2.) A lot of games require significantly altered depth/convergence settings. What's good for one game can be unplayable with another. So it requires tinkering with Dolphin settings.

#3) Some times a game can have a completely broken UI, but be perfect in-game. I gave a go with Mario Tennis for the Gamecube. This is a game with a completely broken UI, but which looks amazing once you get onto the court and are playing. While still running at 60hz in VD, it was fantastically smooth. I'd even say, having playing this game in 3D on Vive, Quest 1, Index, and Quest 2, that the Quest 2 version is my absolute favorite. Super smooth and great IQ.

EDIT: You're running these games at 60fps in VR, right? Because there's a lot of overhead with all this stuff running, and just because you can normally hit 60fps, doesn't mean you can in VR. My old 4c/4t 3570k used to be a huge bottleneck with Dolphin and trying to get it all running at 60fps in VR. I needed more core to get things smooth.

Thx for all the infos!

Yes the emulator says it's running at 60fps.
Indeed for Dolphin, i tried FZero and some things in the UI are completely broken, Monkey Ball to. That said Fzero GX in 3D is a god gift, it's a shame framerate in Big Screen is bad. I'll try with VR Desktop but my wifi is not great

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Thx for all the infos!

Yes the emulator says it's running at 60fps.
Indeed for Dolphin, i tried FZero and some things in the UI are completely broken, Monkey Ball to. That said Fzero GX in 3D is a god gift, it's a shame framerate in Big Screen is bad. I'll try with VR Desktop but my wifi is not great

Hmm. I just gave Citra a quick boot and it doesn't feel good at all. I considered the original Quest a huge upgrade over Vive for this stuff. But the couple Citra titles I've tried on Quest 2 doesn't feel right at all. It feels like there's tons of lag, even though there clearly isn't. It's just not visually smooth either.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
So I cant get hold of an elite strap with battery as they're all sold out, plus reading about the cracking is putting me off. With that in mind I've been reading I can basically buy a 10,000 mA battery pack and just plug it in, as long as it fits small criteria. So is it that simple?
Yup! It would be best if you used one that supplies more than 2.4 amps, as 2.4 amps is generally needed to charge the Quest faster than it is using the energy (and some 2.4 amp battery packs don't quite reach their rated 2.4 amps). And if you attach it to the back of the strap it provides a good counterweight to the headset; this was a common mod for the Quest 1. The only feature you'll be missing out on is being able to see the battery levels of both the battery pack and the headset, without the official battery pack you'll just see the headset's current percentage.

Having said that, I personally really like the Elite Strap with Battery, mine isn't cracking and of course it looks like it's built for the Quest 2. It is a bit overpriced though, you could get a normal Elite Strap and a separate battery pack to strap to the back for quite a bit less money, the elite strap with battery is supposedly 5000 mAh, you could get a nice Anker 10000 mAh power bank for like $20.

Last edited:

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Yup! It would be best if you used one that supplies more than 2.4 amps, as 2.4 amps is generally needed to charge the Quest faster than it is using the energy (and some 2.4 amp battery packs don't quite reach their rated 2.4 amps). And if you attach it to the back of the strap it provides a good counterweight to the headset; this was a common mod for the Quest 1. The only feature you'll be missing out on is being able to see the battery levels of both the battery pack and the headset, without the official battery pack you'll just see the headset's current percentage.

Having said that, I personally really like the Elite Strap with Battery, mine isn't cracking and of course it looks like it's built for the Quest 2. It is a bit overpriced though, you could get a normal Elite Strap and a separate battery pack to strap to the back for quite a bit less money, the elite strap with battery is supposedly 5000 mAh, you could get a nice Anker 10000 mAh power bank for like $20.

Thats actually the one I just ordered. I think I'll end up grabbing the elite strap too now as I dont need the battery with it.

How many hours would that 10,000 give the Quest 2?

Thanks for the reply.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017

Whoa whoa, path is perfect as is! Love that game. I do get what you're saying though. It's frustrating that we're not seeing more games like that and I've thought about how nice something like Minecraft dungeons would be from a top down view.

Oct 27, 2017
Henderson, NV
Whoa whoa, path is perfect as is! Love that game. I do get what you're saying though. It's frustrating that we're not seeing more games like that and I've thought about how nice something like Minecraft dungeons would be from a top down view.
The thing about PoTW is the same issue that I have with Drunken Bar Fight. Because of the perspective and because there's no real sensory feedback, I find myself running punching and running past an opponent. I actually wish that the combat felt closer to Thrill of The Fight where there's a better sense of body position. I LOVE all of the arcades stuff in PoTW. The boss fights and use of environments are great! I love the art! I just wish that they opted against kicks and took more time with the hand to hand combat system. It would've been much easier with a Moss-like POV, undoubtedly. However, if they're committed to FP POV, tightening up positioning and the overall hand to hand combat would've made that game a real gem.
Ironically, Creed is an arcade boxer. If POTW had Creed's mechanics, then the resulting game would be amazing.

Oct 25, 2017

Would both of these work:

Anker Powercore II 10000, Ultra-Compact 10000mAh Portable Charger, Upgraded Poweriq 2.0 (up to 18W Output), Fast Charge for iPhone, Samsung Galaxy and More (Compatible with Quick Charge Devices) : Amazon.ca: Electronics

Anker Powercore II 10000, Ultra-Compact 10000mAh Portable Charger, Upgraded Poweriq 2.0 (up to 18W Output), Fast Charge for iPhone, Samsung Galaxy and More (Compatible with Quick Charge Devices) : Amazon.ca: Electronics

Anker PowerCore II 20000, 20100mAh Portable Charger with Dual USB Ports, PowerIQ 2.0 (up to 18W Output) Power Bank, Fast Charging for iPhone, Samsung and More (Compatible with Quick Charge Devices) : Amazon.ca: Electronics

Anker PowerCore II 20000, 20100mAh Portable Charger with Dual USB Ports, PowerIQ 2.0 (up to 18W Output) Power Bank, Fast Charging for iPhone, Samsung and More (Compatible with Quick Charge Devices) : Amazon.ca: Electronics

We own both. The latter is probably too heavy, though.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
The thing about PoTW is the same issue that I have with Drunken Bar Fight. Because of the perspective and because there's no real sensory feedback, I find myself running punching and running past an opponent. I actually wish that the combat felt closer to Thrill of The Fight where there's a better sense of body position. I LOVE all of the arcades stuff in PoTW. The boss fights and use of environments are great! I love the art! I just wish that they opted against kicks and took more time with the hand to hand combat system. It would've been much easier with a Moss-like POV, undoubtedly. However, if they're committed to FP POV, tightening up positioning and the overall hand to hand combat would've made that game a real gem.
Ironically, Creed is an arcade boxer. If POTW had Creed's mechanics, then the resulting game would be amazing.
Well said, I agree with ya on pretty much everything, especially the kicks. I find I don't use them as often as result. The hand to hand could definitely be better. It was one of the early games i tried that hooked me. Thrill of the fight definitely sets the standard. It was my first quest purchase. Played creed on my psvr, but should probably give it another go on my quest, my psvr drove me nuts with the controller tracking.

Oct 27, 2017
Henderson, NV
Well said, I agree with ya on pretty much everything, especially the kicks. I find I don't use them as often as result. The hand to hand could definitely be better. It was one of the early games i tried that hooked me. Thrill of the fight definitely sets the standard. It was my first quest purchase. Played creed on my psvr, but should probably give it another go on my quest, my psvr drove me nuts with the controller tracking.
Creed and Thrill are both excellent for different reasons. I almost wish they could be one blended game. Thrill is going for realism all the way. If there was a way to feel the blocks and punches via some sort of wearable sensor, Thrill would be untouchable. Creed really is Punchout. Wait for the tell, do the move necessary, go for the knockout. The thing that makes Creed so amazing is all of the other 'Rocky franchise' stuff on top of it. I have always loved the Rocky score music, and it's all in the game. When you're fighting, the game feels dramatic and cinematic. When you're fighting your colorful opponent, you feel like you're in a Rocky movie, and it's amazing! Also, the gym for training in Creed is also incredibly well done. I enjoy doing some of the training exercises. They definitely make you sweat.

PoTW is so close to being great! I hope that devs Twisted Pixel takes notes and makes a sequel!

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any VR titles on Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for PC?
There will be soon - Flight Simulator 2020 is getting a VR mode, though it'll be WMR-exclusive at first.
Would both of these work:

We own both. The latter is probably too heavy, though.
I've seen people online mention using that 10000mAh PowerCore II. I can't see the 20000 not working, but you're right about the weight (and awkwardness of attaching it to the back of a strap), that one might be better to be in a pocket or some sort of belt strap.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Still can't believe the best VR Horror game is Alien Isolation on PC with the MotherVR mod. It's perfect and absolutely terrifying. That it didn't get an official VR re-release is mind boggling.

I played it all the way through on Rift last year. Has anybody played this on Quest via Link or VD?

Yeah I checked it out the other day and it looks great on the Q2 screen, except for black levels of course. Being able to see all this extra detail on things like the flamethrower is just so cool. I fired up the dlc map where you're og Ripley and have to set the self destruct on the Nostromo. Pretty scary lol.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
So I've been trying this now with virtual desktop and have some questions.

I game on a TV with my PC locked at 60hz, I just read that forces the quest 2 in virtual desktop to max out at that. Is this true?

Also, in VD on my quest 2 it shows 72hz in the settings and I can't change it to 90hz even though I turned it on in developer settings, is this related to my desktop again?

NecroMorrius

Nov 7, 2017
So I've been trying this now with virtual desktop and have some questions.

I game on a TV with my PC locked at 60hz, I just read that forces the quest 2 in virtual desktop to max out at that. Is this true?

Also, in VD on my quest 2 it shows 72hz in the settings and I can't change it to 90hz even though I turned it on in developer settings, is this related to my desktop again?

You need to switch it to 90hz in sidequest. The developer options 90hz toggle is only for the home environment and browser at the moment.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
You need to switch it to 90hz in sidequest. The developer options 90hz toggle is only for the home environment and browser at the moment.

Yeah I've done that, but the settings in Steam VR still only say 72hz and there's no option to change it. Also, in the VD menu at the bottom it says 90hz for Quest, but video fps to the right of it says 60 and has never changed.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Creed and Thrill are both excellent for different reasons. I almost wish they could be one blended game. Thrill is going for realism all the way. If there was a way to feel the blocks and punches via some sort of wearable sensor, Thrill would be untouchable. Creed really is Punchout. Wait for the tell, do the move necessary, go for the knockout. The thing that makes Creed so amazing is all of the other 'Rocky franchise' stuff on top of it. I have always loved the Rocky score music, and it's all in the game. When you're fighting, the game feels dramatic and cinematic. When you're fighting your colorful opponent, you feel like you're in a Rocky movie, and it's amazing! Also, the gym for training in Creed is also incredibly well done. I enjoy doing some of the training exercises. They definitely make you sweat.

PoTW is so close to being great! I hope that devs Twisted Pixel takes notes and makes a sequel!
That's awesome! I really need to give creed another go now that I've got my quest. From Philly and my old man loved Rocky so I'm a big fan myself. Just had more issues than I preferred with my psvr back when I first got it. Feels wild, I've got a series X coming soon and all I want to play is my quest atm. Doing beatsaber during work breaks lol. Plan on clearing out more space tomorrow so I can get the full area going for thrill of the fight.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Does anyone else have an issue with Quest Link, where the audio driver Oculus installs keeps getting selected automatically as the default audio output device even when your Quest isn't plugged in?

I use this PC for my home theater so it's pretty annoying that every time I turn it on I need to manually change my audio output device :-(