• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
What, really? Are there any downsides to this vs. this $110 cable?

Not too noticeably in my testing (at least on Quest 1). You may have better compression on better cables if you really look for it, and for a while you had to have the beta installed for the 2.0 included cable. But it should work fine now.

Bookoo

Nov 3, 2017
Got my preorder in for the 256gb. I'll probably buy a strap, but will wait for reviews and getting the device.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know how good direct orders from Oculus are about getting to you day one of launch? Not sure if I should wait to pre order from Best Buy instead.

Guerrilla

Oct 28, 2017
The fuck, are there any european amazon pages offering this?
For some reason the preorders on oculus are up for everything except germany

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I went with the 64gb model. It's been fine for the Quest 1 and it isn't like I'm going to keep some of the more linear experiences that will be larger installed all the time anyway. I've not even come close to filling the space on the Quest 1.
i did as well. I'm ordering a ps5 next week so I felt i should go cheaper, and I can't imagine they will allow apps so big they won't work on the 64gb

also... multiplayer beat saber coming

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Got cold feet and ended up cancelling. Will hold out hope that Sony refreshes PSVR at some point next gen since the vast majority of my VR content is in their ecosystem.

Buzzbrad

Oct 27, 2017
Climb 2 trailer:

www.youtube.com

The Climb 2 Trailer

Go rock climbing in 2020 on Oculus Quest with Crytek's next VR game The Climb 2._____________________________________________________________Please like and ...

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Any reason to go 256 over 64 if I have a good PC build? I feel like any games that are hefty size-wise I'll just be playing on my PC, yeah? I've been out of the PC VR game though so maybe there's something im not thinking of

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Conflicted where to pre-order. I paid Quest 1 off in full at my local Best Buy for pre-order before its launch cause they're almost always gonna be on point to have things available on release day. Don't really feel like going down there now though what with shitty air quality in my area.

Might go with direct order off Oculus.

Bookoo

Nov 3, 2017
Ok thank you just wanna make sure if i decide to switch my purchases come with me. A follow up question can you have an oculus library attached to multiple headsets? Say i keep my rift and get a quest as a secondary device, can i access the library from both headsets?

Not entirely sure if I understand your questions

When you plug in a Quest to your computer it just asks if you would like to start link and it brings up Oculus Dash (Desktop Version). From there you can start an Oculus PC game or load up a Steam Game.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Insta no buy I'm afraid. I don't want to get any Facebook products. I already made the mistake of signing up to Facebook in 2006 I'm not going to make another mistake like that.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
That ars review... ouch, tempted to just cancel my preorder, and keep my quest.
I wonder if it will be possible to use the original quest controllers with the quest 2.

Either way i will likely keep mine in hopes that the link loads up faster with the quest 2 as it can take a while on the quest 1 and because I want to play some mp beat saber with my SO :P

I wouldn't be surprised if they give it a vita/ps move treatment.

The only way you could think that sony isn't doing a psvr 2.0 at some point during the ps5 life frame is if you literally ignored all VR news from sony for the last 5 years.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Read the Ars review and yea, gonna pass. I'll be interested when the 90hz update is real.