• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
PC port sales can be pretty backloaded (6+ months later after deep discounts) so i can't begrudge the premium. though it could stand to be at least $10 cheaper and sucks about the regional pricing

if reception over the game wasn't so mixed i'd bite the bullet but i'll sit it out for awhile
I could be wrong but I think SE has an history of never going for discount bigger than 50% on steam. :/

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
I could be wrong but I think SE has an history of never going for discount bigger than 50% on steam. :/

was going to mention, yeah there's the "square tax" on top. sucks for us but it guarantees anybody who wants this will eventually pay no less than $30-40 for it over the next five or so years

i remember waiting forever for the FF3 remake to drop under $10 but when it finally did i didn't care anymore

moyad0

Apr 1, 2019
This game's regional price is the joke of the year so far. Worse than Bethesda.

SE should sell zero copies.

rodrigolfp

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): System Wars
Don't let the 2D aesthetic fool ya, the game goes in hard with all the lighting and post processing effects, especially during combat.

The same game runs on Switch "garbage" hardware. There is no way the game is that demanding that the recommended for 1080p is a hardware "on par" with Xbox One X hardware .

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
I can't believe Square-tax is a thing. If it were late 90's Squaresoft it would be justified but Square Enix in 2019? Lmao.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Like I said before, I don't think SE is dictating the prices here. Since they're on par with eShop prices in Canada, Russia, Swiss etc, I bet Nintendo has a clause in there somewhere.
I mean the PC version price is on par with eShop (62.5 USD). I'm guessing this is higher than standard PC game prices there?

No it is not on par with the Eshop in Canada.

72a8573645.png

72d03227c6.png

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
The same game runs on Switch "garbage" hardware. There is no way the game is that demanding that the recommended for 1080p is a hardware "on par" with Xbox One X hardware .

If it makes you feel any better, the Switch version runs at 720p/30fps docked. The game is demanding despite its artstyle.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
You're right about Monster Hunter World, but GTAV was the next-gen Version with huge updates (and apart from that, it's GTA).

By comparison other one year late ports i can currently think of:

Detroit, 30€
Yakuza Kiwami 2, 30€
Yakuza 0, 20€
Nioh, 50€ but including all season pass Content (which was 30€ on console)
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, 20€
Metal gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (6 months late) 20€ instead of 30€
Actually, Metal Gear Rising was 13€ if you preordered IIRC. And I mean directly through Steam,

60€ is ridiculous price for a late port. I'll buy it if some key site manages to drop it down to 30€ or so but otherwise, yeah, good luck SE!

gully state

Oct 27, 2017
I beat all paths and have like 60 hours played. As much I enjoyed this game this is stupid on SE's part. It's not a $60 game on PC and the use denuvo is a bigger slap to the face of pc gamers. The game was built for portability in mind. Repetitive bite sized acts so you can get a solid old school Jrpg experience on the go

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Glad to see backlash against Denuvo here. I felt like I was the only person banging the drum during the PC release of Monster Hunter World (my most anticipated game in years, still haven't played it). Not fucking with any game that tries to push Denuvo on me. These Japanese publishers don't even remove it after the game is cracked, or released for a while either. I think it's some thing they do to appease shareholders. Drives me up a god damned wall personally

StarStorm

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
$60 and comes with Denuvo. Regional pricing screwing people over. Was hoping for $40 or less. Oh well, will wait for a sale then.
I know SE is maintaining price parity with the eShop, but its a year late port.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
I hated this game, and it's a shame because the combat system and music are great.
I really hated the fact that the other party members disappear when you start or continue a character story. I understand it would take more time developing the product since the game has to take into consideration who is in your party, but they could have done it. It disconnected me, and made me lose my immersion. Even to these days, I haven't even recruited all the characters or progressed too much because of that.

That alone would make the game more enjoyable, and made people replay the game more. Each party member would add unique dialogues to a character story and flesh them more.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
Presumably they have all sorts of metrics about the titles they have released at various price points, and have priced this according to that data.

Right?

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
This is a hot take and my opinion only but I think some companies take advantage on Switch's users pricing games whatever, a lot of them just buy the games because they want to play on the system. I don't think the production of this game speaks full $60 dollar price at any point in history.

I mean, Capcom sold SF HD at $40, a price that would have been considered an insult in any other system and yet I belive lots of people bought it.

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
I have that game on the switch and even back then when it released I always felt the game wasn't worth that price. It's a bunch of short mini stories and the worlds all look the same, as in map layout.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
83 cad?
I was thinking of double dipping, but charging even more than a new release and MORE than the current cad conversion? They can keep it.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
I have no problem paying $60 for a game that is worth it.

What I played of the Switch release says it is not worth $60.

Status
Not open for further replies.