• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
Delusional pricing. Way to sabotage any chance of selling a few copies. Good luck, SE. You will need it.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Any footage out there of this running at 60fps? Tried to find some, but came up empty. 4K 'not officially supported'... does that mean just upscaled from 1080?

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
Buy the game guys. We gotta support Square Enix so that they can get out of debt and keep on developing awesome games.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
$60....yikes

Was a day one purchase, now I'm waiting for a sale. Just not going to pay more than $40 for this. This is poor pricing imo. They launched Final Fantasy XV on PC for $50 and it included year-1 DLC and the Royal edition updates, for example. Not sure what they are thinking with this price.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Part of me was thinking about double dipping in the hope I'd actually finish the game this time. But I wasn't willing to pay full price at £40 so I'm definitely not willing to pay £50.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
screenshot2019-05-16azoj9p.png

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
I don't know what square is smoking but I will wait patiently till it drops to atleast 20$ before picking it up.
It's like they know it shouldn't be 60$ but they just don't give a fuck.

Dunban_Fyuria

Oct 27, 2017
SE sure love sabotaging the launch of this great game on PC :/ Should've been at least $50, with region pricing that makes sense and no denuvo.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
It was always going to be at least in the $40-50 range, but I expect it is $60 because of Nintendo publishing it on Switch and an agreement not to sell it for less than the eShop.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
It's Steam so the price will drop very soon.

Edit: LOL regional price in Brazil is hilarious

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Instead of supporting this for 60€ and denuvo buy the awesome Crosscode. Gonna bite at 50% off btw

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
You already have the sale if you use the Nintendo Switch Online vouchers: Super Mario Maker 2 + Octopath Traveler.
Lol, "sale". You know the great thing about pc pricing and even console games back when GCU and Prime new release discounts where a thing? You didn't have to buy two games to get a mediocre $10 off.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
I paid $80 CAD for this game on Switch twice (digital and physical) and I still think it's being way overpriced here. This is a year later port, more expensive than any other SE ports, and the PC user base is significantly more price-sensitive than the Switch user base. This ain't gonna work. Shame too because it's a fantastic game that could have found a new audience.

squall211

Jan 24, 2018
I honestly thought the game would be in the $40-50 price range. Was really looking forward to getting this on PC. I still will, but will not pay that price for it.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Its a great title. People will purchase day one like always. Will love to see what people will do with graphics and resolution.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Square has really random prices. One release is 13€ like Chrono Trigger, another release is 25€ like Romancing Saga 2, FFXIII was like 13€, FFXV was 50€ but it came with all dlcs (excluding Ardyn), FFXII is 50€, FFIX is 21€.
It seems with each release they just pick up a random price and sell the game. DQXI made sense for 60€, it was released like a couple of months after the PS4 version, Octopath being 60€, a one year later port with no new content...just no.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone complaining about the price clearly hasn't played the game or hasn't been properly informed about it. This game is HUGE. We're talking about 120+ hours of gameplay if you're a completionist. At the very least completing all the stories will take you 80+ hours. There is an immense amount of rich story dialogue, an insane amount of towns and dungeons, one of the most beautiful soundtracks of the past gen, etc. It only looks like a "cheap" game because of its 2D-ish aesthetics. Don't let that fool you. This game is very meaty and you will get your money's worth, unless you don't actually like JRPGs.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Okay I gotta ask since I have not played the game.
My friend said that the party travels together but they do not acknowledge each other's existence aside very few instances, it's like they are traveling on different dimensions and just pop together for combat.

Is this remotely true or was he bullshitting?

Theiea

Oct 27, 2017
It's 83.99 in Canada, that has to be a mistake.

Thats more than the 79.99 gouging we get on new AAA releases.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Okay I gotta ask since I have not played the game.
My friend said that the party travels together but they do not acknowledge each other's existence aside very few instances, it's like they are traveling on different dimensions and just pop together for combat.

Is this remotely true or was he bullshitting?
It's true. Writing is awful.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone complaining about the price clearly hasn't played the game or hasn't been properly informed about it. This game is HUGE. We're talking about 120+ hours of gameplay if you're a completionist. At the very least completing all the stories will take you 80+ hours. There is an immense amount of rich story dialogue, an insane amount of towns and dungeons, one of the most beautiful soundtracks of the past gen, etc. It only looks like a "cheap" game because of its 2D-ish aesthetics. Don't let that fool you. This game is very meaty and you will get your money's worth, unless you don't actually like JRPGs.
i don't think people are complaining that the game isn't worth 60 bucks because of what it is, there's only a few people who believe 2D games or pixel art games can't be 60 bucks and those people shouldn't be taken seriously. the issue is it's a year old port of a console game, and usually those are priced lower than what they they launched at on their original platform. another issue is the ridiculous regional pricing that makes it even more expensive than the equivalent of 60 bucks in those regions.

Status
Not open for further replies.