• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
I need to get back to this, I liked the combat, OST and a few of the characters however I just stopped after 10 hours or so, the dungeons looking the same definitely didn't help.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
some fan art from twitter (1 2 3 4 5 6 7):

ecxtasku0aib9vg7mjbf.png

ecvafswu0amnxgy5okz8.jpeg

ecu_t-du8aareh813jgw.jpeg

ecvawagvcaehyb03jkx8.jpeg

ecvafcquyaakzte2zjs3.jpeg

ecwmkq5x0au8ig-xyk4m.jpeg

ecwiciaucaaclelijk2p.jpeg

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
Thanks for the insight! Might have to pick it up then. Everyone's complaints about the final boss and the lack of interaction between party members scared me off but I loved the voice acting and storytelling in the demo I played
Playing this for the first time now and loving it, really should have jumped on it sooner.

What's wrong with the final boss?
It should be noted that the "final boss" we are talking about is more of a secret boss than anything. It is the final challenge of the game but you can get a complete experience without ever facing it.

The main problem is that in order to even face the final boss you need to beat a boss rush of previous bosses that is not really that hard, and then you are forced to use all of the eight characters during it. Some people just had trained a party of 4 characters since you are never required to use more than 4 at the same time, and the boss is a big difficulty spike. And then to rub salt on the wound you cannot leave the dungeon nor save at any point.

If you are prepared and grind the eight characters to an acceptable level then it's not too bad. It's actually a fantastic boss with an amazing soundtrack to boot. However, I will say it again: you don't need to defeat it to "beat the game".

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It should be noted that the "final boss" we are talking about is more of a secret boss than anything. It is the final challenge of the game but you can get a complete experience without ever facing it.

The main problem is that in order to even face the final boss you need to beat a boss rush of previous bosses that is not really that hard, and then you are forced to use all of the eight characters during it. Some people just had trained a party of 4 characters since you are never required to use more than 4 at the same time, and the boss is a big difficulty spike. And then to rub salt on the wound you cannot leave the dungeon nor save at any point.

If you are prepared and grind the eight characters to an acceptable level then it's not too bad. It's actually a fantastic boss with an amazing soundtrack to boot. However, I will say it again: you don't need to defeat it to "beat the game".

Hmm interesting, thanks for the clarification.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Ah I see that's a real shame. I don't mind grinding but yeah that sucks. What level were you when you beat it? Just so I have an idea of where I need to get to lol.

I played the game on launch, so I'd have to double check but I wanna say I ended the game with my whole party averaging around 60 and for the boss I had to bump up everyone to the low to mid 70s?

There are ways to grind faster that isn't just beating enemies (certain enemies drop a ton of exp and certain jobs have a random chance to multiply exp, but those enemies spawn completely randomly and also try to run away ASAP)