• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017

The image itself:

DyLXuq4W0AEY67b.jpg

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They got a very solid chuckle from me with STILL NO SIGNIFICANT AWARD WON BY THIS GAME ensconced in olive branches.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Amazing game. Made me buy a PS4 at launch because the indie support near launch was awesome.

My neices love this game a whole lot and ask to play it whenever they come over. Look forward to their next game.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a great game, very fun on the PS4. I only wish it had more stuff to do in it and in the levels, they end up feeling kinda barren when you explore them for a long time.

PTibz

Developer at Young Horses
Verified
Nov 2, 2017
Chicago, IL
Firstly, congrats!

Secondly, how did you folks come by those work hours? Some full-time employees and some doing minimal additional work when needed, or what? How'd that all go?

We used 30 hours per week per person as the goal to shoot for since most creative work starts reaching diminishing returns after 6 hours a day. From there some of us worked more or less depending on real life things going on or if we were trying to get ready to bring the game to an event or for a release.

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
This game is funny. I had a pretty good time when I played through it. Like the tweet in the OP says, only .99 cents right now on Steam if you don't have it yet. You can't go wrong at that price.

Last edited:

Icy

Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me that I wanted to get into speedrunning this after seeing it at either AGDQ or SGDQ a few years back.

Jacknapes

Oct 26, 2017
Newport, South Wales
Once you get the hang of the controls, it's a pretty fun game. Got it on PS4, as at the time the support for indie games was something else. Looking forward to seeing what else comes from Young Horses in the future.

Elodes

Looks to the Moon
Nov 1, 2017
The Netherlands
We used 30 hours per week per person as the goal to shoot for since most creative work starts reaching diminishing returns after 6 hours a day. From there some of us worked more or less depending on real life things going on or if we were trying to get ready to bring the game to an event or for a release.
That's fantastic policy. Massive props for doing that.

Deleted member 51848

Jan 10, 2019
Excellent stuff. An indie success story at almost the very beginning of the generation. Looks like I'll be picking this up again on Steam.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Neat, thanks for the info, and good luck on Game 2!

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"Still No Significant Award Won By This Game"

Love that sense of humor, very curious to see what the next project from the team is like. I'm still convinced that Nintendo came up with the whole squid-kid thing for Splatoon from this game

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Playing co-op with Move controllers was probably the most hilarious experience I had on the PS4 that year. Great game, charming as hell, and a powerhouse theme song.

Gifmaker

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Fantastic game. Saw it at a friend's place, we played through it the entire night and laughed our rears off. Went home and bought it myself right away.

The writing is its strongest part. It's just so hilarious. In that sense, congratulations to the team and the anniversary!

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Linux purchases at 0.2% - that's 4,000 copies out of 2,000,000.

Hope it was worth the porting time!

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
A incredibly charming game from start to finish.

I was pleasantly surprised by the NL reference in the Supermarket level (which contains plenty of references to other YouTubers). Gotta love the Egg Lord.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Bought it on both PC and PS4 and loved it both times through. Looking forward to their next game. Hope it gets a proper announcement this year lol

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
It's very interesting how much more iOS sales there are when iOS has like 20 per cent of the mobile share.

Great that the studio is doing well with nice working hours!!

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Glad it's had so much success! I remember seeing a let's play of it years ago and that's what got me to buy it. That freaking wedding ring......

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
đź‘Źđź‘Źđź‘Ź

Abolish AAA development culture!

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Can you do 4 player co-op in the PC version like you can on the Playstation version?