• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Well, that's an extra weak month for me. I think Vampyr is on PS Now and I have no interest in sub-par NfS games.

Hopefully PS Now gets a solid update next Tuesday.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Portugal and Spain will also get the game Massira, where you play as a Syrian refugee.

Always wanted to try it.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
Vampyr? Cool, been meaning to check it out and I think my girlfriend will enjoy it when we're done with Fire Emblem Three Houses and Persona 5

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
very nice, Vampyr has been one of my "constantly on the cusp of buying it" games for awhile and I wouldn't mind checking out Payback at all

PS+ has been quite good to me the past few months

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Vampyr is showing as already purchased for me even though I'm 100% sure I didn't buy it.

Even searched my receipts in my email account.

What gives, happen to anyone else?

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Vampyr is showing as already purchased for me even though I'm 100% sure I didn't buy it.

Even searched my receipts in my email account.

What gives, happen to anyone else?
Do you have PS Now and have added it to your library via that service? It seems Sony has moved towards fixing that issue but it's still present for some older games.

If that is the case then you might have to contact customer service and ask them to revoke that license. Not sure if there is a more elegant solution but I haven't seen it.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Do you have PS Now and have added it to your library via that service? It seems Sony has moved towards fixing that issue but it's still present for some older games.

If that is the case then you might have to contact customer service and ask them to revoke that license. Not sure if there is a more elegant solution but I haven't seen it.

Was it on Now? I've certainly never played it, guess I might have drunkenly started downloading it and cancelled at some point.

Don't think I can be bothered going through the hassle of contacting customer care.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what November's Plus games are gonna be in light of the PS Plus Collection. We'll know in a few short hours.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
I haven't played Vampyr yet, but Payback is surprisingly good. If nothing else it's fun to ride around at random in an off-road vehicle and do crazy stunts and jumps. Reminds me of the Crew.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
That's good to hear, I was planing to start playing it to tide me over to next gen.
Worth mentioning there are a few missions up front that unfold a start to the story and unlock the map/modes. So the first hour or two are scripted, still races to teach you the modes, but don't expect open world on boot.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
oh cool. one "good" change to the new webstore is that you no longer have to "purchase" these ps+ titles. you can just click "Add to Library".

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Vampyr is quite decent but I couldn't stand the combat. Still the atmosphere and vibe is a much more engaging Vampire tale than the Masquerade to me.

t0rment

Oct 27, 2017
payback is trash, wasn't worth the GB downloaded.

horrible handling + awful progression + loot boxes = nope.

hopefully, next month's games are better.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
One of the best PS Plus months ever. Especially Bugsnax as a "free" launch title is *chef's kiss* and letting more people dive into Hollow Knight, one of the very best games of this generation, isn't too shabby either.
Edit: Wrong thread, but the point still stands.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
What the Hell happened to the site?

I can't redeem my PS+ Games through it anymore...

I had the same problem. Had to switch back to the old webstore to get them. Try this URL:

https://store.playstation.com/en-ca...rmPrivacyWs1=all&psappver=19.15.0&smcid=psapp

(change the "en-ca" to your desired region, ex. "en-us" for the States)

Amazing how terrible the new webstore is, still waiting to see the massive improvements that "forced" Sony to remove PS3/PSP/Vita support from the webstore.

FantaSoda

Oct 28, 2017
I have heard of many people on here bragging about the low prices they pay for PS Plus. What are the reputable places that I can go to get low priced PS Plus?

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
fuck me. Payback is really bloody Grindy.
i completed the first two events in free roam and am directly under levelled for the next two events.... so what, they want me to rerace the previously completed events on the hopes of gambling better cards at the end of the race?
Fuck that. Unless I am missing something I'm out.
just give me a nice old school nfs underground or something not a loot box infested grind fest. Ugh. /rant

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Almost finished with Vampyr. Enjoyed it more than I thought I would, but man it crashes a lot, and these late game enemies have a tiresome amount of health (they aren't really challenging, just spongy). It was fun discovering secrets about various civilians, although I think I've been locked out of a few hints that don't actually state that I missed them. I like to explore a lot, and I accidentally finished a quest or two before officially starting them, which appears to have skipped over some pertinent dialogue or perhaps eavesdropping situations that will no longer occur. Occasionally the tone or direction of unretractable dialogue choices is not clear before the choosing. Would have like a few more shortcuts, too.

But a cool AA game nonetheless.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
payback is trash, wasn't worth the GB downloaded.

horrible handling + awful progression + loot boxes = nope.

hopefully, next month's games are better.

Indeed. Game looks good but it's the worst racing game I played in my f life... geez. Cars handle like s####. NFS Heat handling is so much better... but there's no matchmaking and the graphics are worse.