• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I had so many friends...

WTF is this question?

Give the debates back to the League of Women Voters please. This is fucking embarrassing.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
437-4373207_ted-cruz-ted-cruz-transparent-background.png

ForKevdo

Nov 2, 2017
Just got home and all of the streams I can find are just live, is there one that'll let me start from the beginning?

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
THIS MAN SAID TED CRUZ I LITERALLY CANT WITH THIS DEBATE ANYMORE
the only way you can tell a story about having lunch with ted cruz and look like the good guy is if it ends with "but i sadly missed my chance to garrote him before we departed"

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think that Bernie losing support is necessary for Warren to beat Biden, and so I'm somewhat unhappy with AOC's move. But I can't really fault a person for endorsing the person with whom they most align, even if it isn't necessarily strategically optimal.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
An AOC endorsement of Bernie makes no sense. Warren is destroying him in the polls now. Her endorsement won't change anything.

Warren supporters won't give her nearly as much shit for not endorsing her than the shit Bernie supporters would've given her if she didn't endorse him.

It's a calculated risk. Bernie's unlikely to win and AOC isn't popular in many of the early states, and this is too far out any way to matter down the road. And I think AOC knows this, but I think she gets to help Bernie out after the heart attack, preserves her image as a "true revolutionary", and Warren likely will get her endorsement after Iowa.

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how people can listen to Yang talk and come to the conclusion that he could be President.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How is this big? Does she really have that much of a national base?
Well:
U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York gets a negative 23 - 36 percent favorability rating, with 38 percent who haven't heard enough about her to form an opinion. Rep. Ocasio-Cortez has been good for the Democratic Party, 33 percent of voters say, as 36 percent say she's been bad for the party.

With dems:
47/7% favorables, 44% don't even know she exists.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Warren supporters won't give her nearly as much shit for not endorsing her than the shit Bernie supporters would've given her if she didn't endorse him.

It's a calculated risk. Bernie's unlikely to win and AOC isn't popular in many of the early states, and this is too far out any way to matter down the road. And I think AOC knows this, but I think she gets to help Bernie out after the heart attack, preserves her image as a "true revolutionary", and Warren likely will get her endorsement after Iowa.
Pretty apt summary

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You can certainly cut them out of your life. Just cause you share blood with someone doesn't mean you have to put up with their bigotry.
Some people can. Not everyone has the priviledge of being able to cut out their entire support network from their life. Plenty of young people need to live with their parents, or be on their insurance, or a litany of other things. There are so many posters here that have talked about the struggle of having to live with or otherwise be tied to racist or bigoted or emotionally abusive parents.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Codifying Roe Vs Wade would be a very important step to ending the topic of Abortion as a legal fight. Supreme Court rulings live and die based on Future judges respecting previous rulings. I think its extremely short sighted to think Roe vs Wade is safe from judicial change.

Abortion is a right as long as justices care to say it is. There are no laws on the books that say it.
But what specifically does that mean? The original ruling was great in that it established a right to abortion but it's actual trimester logic and everything else about is not great and is why it's been possible to chip away at it in the first place. So to say you're codifying it...what does that specifically mean? It sounds to me like they're saying "codify Roe v Wade" because they don't want to take a hard stance on what they believe abortion rights should actually be.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Remember that Rand Paul's neighbour beat the everloving shit out of him for leaving his yard refuse all over his lawn?