• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Politico is reporting that it's chaos again among the Trump administration and his campaign, there's "an uncommon level" of finger-pointing occurring and paranoia with senior Republicans fearing that a Trump loss means their future careers would be damaged:

www.politico.com

Paranoia and finger-pointing in Trumpworld as election approaches

Accusations are flying in all directions and about all manner of topics.

October 24, 2020

President Donald Trump's top advisers have plunged into a bitter round of finger-pointing and blame-shifting ahead of an increasingly likely defeat.

Accusations are flying in all directions and about all manner of topics — from allegedly questionable spending decisions by former campaign manager Brad Parscale, to how White House chief of staff Mark Meadows handled Trump's hospitalization for Covid-19, to skepticism that TV ads have broken through. Interviews with nearly a dozen Trump aides, campaign advisers and Republican officials also surfaced accusations that the president didn't take fundraising seriously enough and that the campaign undermined its effort to win over seniors by casting Democrat Joe Biden as senile.

Finger-pointing is a common feature of campaigns that think they're losing, but it's happening at an uncommon level in this campaign. Shifting responsibility has been a staple of the Trump presidency — and his lieutenants are now following suit.

Senior Republicans say a culture of paranoia has developed in the waning days of the race, with fears mounting that they will be the targets of post-election attacks if Trump loses, which could damage their careers going forward.

Most of the jabs are about money. Campaign officials have accused Parscale of spending lavishly on items such as a $5 million Super Bowl ad and a Trump-branded sky banner that flew over swing-state beaches. Millions of dollars were spent on TV commercials during the early days of the pandemic when voters weren't receptive to political advertising, and on a massive political infrastructure built far in advance of the election season.

Some Republican officials are also angry at Meadows for how he managed Trump's hospitalization. The chief of staff undercut the White House messaging when he told reporters early on that Trump was "still not on a clear path to a full recovery."

The statement initiated a damaging news cycle, forcing the administration to assure the nation that Trump was in stable condition.

Officials also blame Meadows for not doing more to rein in Trump. Among the complaints: That he should have tried to stop Trump from giving Bob Woodward practically unfettered access as the pandemic intensified, and that he erred in encouraging Trump to hold in-person rallies. Others question why Meadows has so far failed to deliver in congressional negotiations on a coronavirus relief package and worry the inability to get checks to voters could damage the president in the election.​

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
The RNC/GOP are the ones who chose to nominate a right-wing, white supremacist sociopath like Trump & chose to stick by him instead of going with a normal, moderate candidate. What did they think was going to happen?

They have no one to blame but themselves. A lot of normal people don't like racism, sexism/misogyny, fascism & bigotry.

Last edited:

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
I'm only ok with these articles as a post mortem. This article implies (to some) that they may not need to vote.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
accusations that the president didn't take fundraising seriously enough and that the campaign undermined its effort to win over seniors by casting Democrat Joe Biden as senile.

im shocked trump isn't liked more by seniors

biden-for-resident-trump-tweet.jpg

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
Worried about their future in politics? You latched onto a campaign and figure head that cares about one thing and one thing only. Donald J Trump. You're a fuckingn moron if you ever thought your career had anything beyond that.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
"worry the inability to get checks to voters could damage the president in the election."

Yep, that's the real concern here. Millions in dire financial straits, but let's worry about how that impacts a millionheir's reelection. Get fucked, leeches.

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
Tldr his campaign is just like his administration, where Trump himself is not to blame despite being the man in charge.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course. Everyone wanted on the Trump train cause they saw him as the way to ride the hype.

Now that he's on his way out the door everyone trying to bail and act like they don't even know him.

Fergie

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
England m8.
Many of them would never even set foot in the WH or in positions of power without the only sole criteria being how deep that tongue buries itself in Trump's ass.

Majority of them are going back into the wilderness, shouting into an empty cavern.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Their political careers are dead as dirt after this election, but at least some of them will have a bright future in grifting.

Imagine being a person that saw a fucking plane banner ad and thought "Okay cool that convinced me".

What a colossal waste of money.

I feel much the same way about the trucks with gigantic Trump flags, the boat parades, and the houses festooned with Trump shrines, Trump: A Real American Hero banners and Trump-as-Rambo airbrushes. Do they really think they're convincing people to vote for him as opposed to making everyone around them that much more sick of this shit?

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, when a cult finally collapses there's no saving anyone. These idiots should've realized that.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
They had a chance to stop it. Here's the crazy time line we live in, if this was a movie we just had an arc where the dictator wannabe could have been removed in December and then if he didn't we just had an arc where he gets infected by a deadly disease and they choose to save his life. They can all go fuck themselves and their stupid careers.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
IDK this is just another let them fight gif article that always tries to cast the GOP as in disarray..

Literally a day after they plugged another justice into the supreme court.

This just does nothing for me. Oh no, there's finger pointing? How will they ever recover?

*Angrily casts ballot*

Oct 27, 2017
I feel much the same way about the trucks with gigantic Trump flags, the boat parades, and the houses festooned with Trump shrines, Trump: A Real American Hero banners and Trump-as-Rambo airbrushes. Do they really think they're convincing people to vote for him as opposed to making everyone around them that much more sick of this shit?
Well in that case I understand the tribalism and wanting to wear your badge/crest/flag loud and proud — just like a sports team. I don't think those types are out to convince anyone, they just get off on rubbing it in our faces.

It's that the campaign itself spent millions of dollars on such a pointless, frivolous, ineffective idea that blows my mind.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I'm definitely hopeful, but this all feels very familiar. Amazing polling for the Democrat, Trump suffering bad news cycle after bad news cycle, Trump Campaign in disarray, Republicans fearful, etc. I know it's not a carbon copy of 2016, but my mind certainly won't allow me to not see the similarities D:

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
I'm definitely hopeful, but this all feels very familiar. Amazing polling for the Democrat, Trump suffering bad news cycle after bad news cycle, Trump Campaign in disarray, Republicans fearful, etc. I know it's not a carbon copy of 2016, but my mind certainly won't allow me to not see the similarities D:
2016: 15% undecided. Hillary never got above 50% in polls. Trump and Hillary's polling was within margin of error. Hillary's unfavorable ratings were big. No excitement for the dem candidate. Polls failed to capture white uneducated voters.

2020: 5% undecided. Biden consistently polling above 50%. Polling shows a higher gap between both Biden and Trump. Biden's high favorables. Energised Americans for not only the candidate but to get Trump out. Even including margin of error Biden still has a 5 to 7% advantage depending on the swing state. Polls have been adjusted since 2016 to include more white uneducated voters. 2018 for example was much more accurate than 2016 and dems actually over performed in some states. Polls show women and elderly fleeing Trump and Trump's overall white vote is only 6 advantage which is terrible considering how much he won in 2016.

taco543

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fresno CA
In that fucking weird ass video he released, he addresses his "favorite people" (seniors): "I'm a senior, you probably didn't know that. NOBODY KNOWS THAT!" (Or something to that effect)

Roid rage Trump is something else.
Lol no he does, he then goes on to say tell everyone you know! or don't tell anyone, maybe we can keep that between us. something along those lines lol

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Omg I will laugh so fucking hard if once trump is voted out, suddenly we have a load of people who worked for him or supported him in Congress etc suddenly pulling the "I never knew the guy" and we have trump out there desperate for attention and petty at the idea that people are openly saying they don't know him and seeing it as a slight to his ego, suddenly demanding that they tell the truth and that they do know him....suddenly trump becomes the coffee guy he never met like so many others........I need it so badly just to start 2021 better than 2020 was.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
"worry the inability to get checks to voters could damage the president in the election."

Yep, that's the real concern here. Millions in dire financial straits, but let's worry about how that impacts a millionheir's reelection. Get fucked, leeches.
They had months to do a single thing to help people and Trump and his admin just bitched and moaned. They lied about every little thing including saying almost everytime he's on camera that it's going away. If Trump had actually put any work in against covid he would likely be sailing to re-election.

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is one of those things that give you hope... until you realise the response will be finding someone more religious, more racist and more effective at doing things like building walls, removing rights and pushing Christian law.

Trump is not a failure because he lost, he is a failure because he was a liberal and bad at getting evil things done.