• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

the game was a launch title for apple arcade, releasing in september 2019.

Independent developer Cornfox & Brothers today announced that their action fantasy RPG, Oceanhorn 2: Knights of the Lost Realm, is coming to Nintendo Switch this Fall. Currently available on Apple Arcade, Oceanhorn 2: Knights of the Lost Realm has received critical acclaim in its beautiful 3D open world reimagining of its fantasy landscape, encouraging endless exploration and nostalgic immersion for budding adventurers.

"Oceanhorn 2: Knights of the Lost Realm is a game made by Nintendo fans, for Nintendo fans," said Heikki Repo, Creative Director of Cornfox & Brothers. "We've been able to create something new from the strong background that we established with our previous game, Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas, and Oceanhorn 2 is our love letter to the games that we grew up with, combining that beloved nostalgia with exciting new mechanics to give it an original spin."

Prequel to the acclaimed Oceanhorn: Monsters of Uncharted Seas, Oceanhorn 2 follows the adventures of a young Knight who sets out on a magical journey across the vast regions of Gaia to defend the lands and people of Arcadia from Warlock Mesmeroth's Dark Army. Joined by Trin, the granddaughter of Arcadia's leader Archimedes, and Gen, a mysterious robot wielding an old Samurai weapon, our young protagonist faces the impossible challenge of uniting the Owrus, Gillfolk and men in order to defeat Mesmeroth's formidable Dark Army. By controlling the characters with contextual commands, you must solve puzzles and fight in tactical battles to strike down your enemies in hack 'n slash combat, traversing a Zelda-esque open-world landscape. The 20-hour action-filled RPG is currently available on Apple Arcade.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
looks lovely and could do really well for them considering the lack of Zelda titles this year. No idea if it's good or not.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I own the physical version of the first game from LRG, I'll wait and see if the same happens with this one.

Nov 4, 2017
I never finished the first one, but I enjoyed what I played. I was getting a bit of a 2D Zelda vibe from the first one, so if they lean more heavily into that I'll be happy.

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seemed cool with the like 20 mins I put in on Apple Arcade last fall. But I quickly realized it wasnt the platform I wanted to play it on.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Cool to see this coming to Switch. I still haven't played the first one. I wonder if the 2nd one will review better on Switch than it did on Apple Arcade. Only 69 on metacritic. Though the first game got an 85 on iOS on metacritic but a 66-74 on other platforms. I had the impression it was a better reviewed game than that. SuperPhillip Central liked the first game a lot, though, and I usually find his reviews are consistent with my feelings about games.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

FINALLY. it always looked Zelda as fuck, combining Skyward Sword and BotW influences. should play well since it was made for mobile hardware

plufim

Sep 29, 2018
That trailer is cut really weird, possibly to hide bad animations.

And having looked up gameplay, yikes. Extremely janky animations.

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Feels like a hearing a weird remix slowdown version of a Secret of Mana track while looking at a washed down Link from BotW, though the first game was known for that as well

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
Despite being a huge Zelda fan I unfortunately bounced off the first Oceanhorn pretty quickly. It felt kind of janky and it just didn't do much for me in general. This does look a lot better, though... I'm curious.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
i tried this briefly on iOS but it did not seem at all suited for touch controls or for a phone screen (text/ui uncomfortably small). hopefully the Switch port is quality.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a lot of optimizations targeting the CPU loads.
what i find curious is that a 1.85GHz dual core from apple outperformed the 1.0GHz quad core in the switch. seems to really like fast cores. wonder if the 1.72GHz boost would have made the game run better initially. Nintendo should allow that to devs

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
:O

Just finding out about this!

I liked the original Oceanhorn despite its obvious lack of polish, and I was bummed that the sequel was locked to Apple devices at launch. I hope this turns out well and is a fun time. I'm excited for it!

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain
I tried the demo of the first one and it felt TERRIBLE, everything was really janky

This looks better but still too derivative

Oct 26, 2017

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
what i find curious is that a 1.85GHz dual core from apple outperformed the 1.0GHz quad core in the switch. seems to really like fast cores. wonder if the 1.72GHz boost would have made the game run better initially. Nintendo should allow that to devs
Custom Apple cores pack a lot of punch per clock. Other mobile CPUs are consistently outperformed by Apple's, despite having both: Core count and clock advantages. Also, one of the Switch cores seems to be reserved by the OS, so is 3 1Ghz cores.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone tried this on Switch? Not seeing any reviews or threads here. Am I missing something or does this have absolutely zero hype.