• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
I genuinely don't buy this. If Lucasfilm or a reputable trade comes out and says so, fine. But that shit doesn't line up.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I genuinely don't buy this. If Lucasfilm or a reputable trade comes out and says so, fine. But that shit doesn't line up.
Yeah, people should wait for a reliable place to report it.

MacGregor wanted so Obi-Wan to circumnavigate Tatooine on a speeder bike, showcasing the trials and tribulations of such an undertaking, while interacting with the various peoples and cultures along the way.
FUCK, I'D WATCH THE LONG WAY ROUND TATOOINE.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
I mean this can't be true. They got him on stage and all that, fan response has been good. McGregor is probably the actor who came out the best out of the prequels. And Deborah Chow's episodes on the Mandalorian only made people more interested in this series.

But then again, it says enough about the current state of LFL that there's doubt about it.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Basically every person in the Star Wars Twittersphere is confirming it at this point.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't buy it, this is too much of an obvious slam dunk for them to just walk away from after years of development
A delay, I'd easily believe. Full cancellation? No way, if that happened I'd seriously be questioning who the fuck is calling these shots

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be fine with it. They should just drop everything Skywalker Saga related and go all in on a new era. Let Mando wrap up in season 2 and don't drag that shit to death. Don't even keep making comics and books in that era, 100% franchise wide simi-reboot.

This will not happen but it should.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
... how do you go from having the lead, the director/show runner/all the scripts finished to cancelled/delayed?

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Yeah, like I said previously.. in the THR article with the original Taika news, they said Deborah Chow was working on this now. There was no indication at all about there possibly being a delay or cancellation in that article. Now it's not to say that this isn't true.. but the timing of this rumor in comparison to that article yesterday certainly seems suspect.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
imagine cancelling it when prequel nostalgia demand is at an all time high

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
P6hCKiQ.png

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of people seem to underestimate Star Wars twitter and their sources.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not cancelled, Ewan is just doing Simply Halston for Netflix first. These clickbait "rumor" sites are garbage.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also possible things are moving quickly -- the Cassian series was literally minutes from cancellation when they changed course and hired Tony Gilroy a few months ago (one of the trades even jumped the gun and talked about it). Hopefully something similar happens here.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm waiting on confirmation from Variety or The Hollywood Reporter. Someone with credibility, instead of random Twitter feeds.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Yeahhhhhh this little "rumor" is starting to crumble.

Maybe I will look like an idiot in a few hours/days, but there is little doubt in my mind that LF--or even Disney itself--would move heaven and earth at this point to make this show happen.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Are they waiting until Ewan is Alec Guinness's age when he played Obi-Wan to shoot this?

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I think Star Wars is such a tainted IP at this point that everyone just wants to distance themselves from it.