• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure the answer in terms of what the series will involve are out there based on the expanded universe materials that were said to be canon?

I've never read any of the books. Though, I'm sure Disney gives no shits and will just make it what they want it to be.

Bluebot

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
I'm sure the answer in terms of what the series will involve are out there based on the expanded universe materials that were said to be canon?

I've never read any of the books. Though, I'm sure Disney gives no shits and will just make it what they want it to be.

Well all EU hasn't been canon for years now. They wiped it all and it's the Disney canon since 7 came out.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
If I recall correctly, the EU cleanup was planned since George Lucas was creating his sequel trilogy right before Disney bought the IP.

It was finalized when Disney was already in ownership of Lucasfilm. Either way they're slowly either adding the old EU stuff to become canon or they're making new EU stuff that's very inspired by the old EU stuff.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018

Pretty sure it's not, The only Canon stories that I know of that have touched on Obi-Wan after ROTS is from the "From a Certain Point Of View" book. Which was a short story showing the Tusken Raiders fear of the old hermit, and when he was introduced into Rebels.

Other than that I'm not aware of any others.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
If I recall correctly, the EU cleanup was planned since George Lucas was creating his sequel trilogy right before Disney bought the IP.

It was finalized when Disney was already in ownership of Lucasfilm. Either way they're slowly either adding the old EU stuff to become canon or they're making new EU stuff that's very inspired by the old EU stuff.

Apparently George Lucas was never a huge fan of a lot of the crazier old EU stories. I've seen many people say this but I don't have a specific source for it. Maybe someone else does.

But yeah, they are adapting some older EU stuff to the new canon which feels great. Still, as much as I love the old EU, some of that stuff was a little out there and I'm excited to have a fresh, clean slate to build upon.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
If Solo was 10 years before A New Hope and this is right years after ROTS it doesn't seem like we'll get Maul in this series.

Edit: wait it's after Solo on the timeline

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
If Solo was 10 years before A New Hope and this is right years after ROTS it doesn't seem like we'll get Maul in this series.

Edit: wait it's after Solo on the timeline

It seems like it takes place within the timeframe of Solo itself. Basically, during the years that Han spent in the Imperial academy.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Wish it was a film. Oh well. Hopefully we get a Maul confrontation.

I have a feeling they're going to lavish a huge budget on this one. It might not be a feature film but I am hopeful they're going to spend on it like it is. This has the potential to be a Stranger Things for them: something that gets millions of people to subscribe.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know how to feel about all these shows announcements, but then I saw the trailer for the Mandalorian.

Color me hyped

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Takes place in the middle of Solo? Fucking Excellent, I feel it. What I mean is that unfortunately Solo wasn't the hit it deserved to be, so a sequel is unlikely. I can easily see them having S2 take place afterwards with Obi Wan hunting down Darth Maul throughout the universe.

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
We won't. They explicitly do not meet between RotS and their final confrontation around a decade after this show.

It's totally possible he will appear, though. The only constraint is that it can't happen on Tatooine. Maul said they didn't see each other since a long time, but didn't specify if it was since TCW or something else happened between them during that timeframe. There is actually a potential to give Maul additional reasons why he was so obsessed in finding him during events of Rebels.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I like Ewan and Obi Wan but I don't know why people want this. The time period and him being in exile never seemed like a premise filled with promise.

TheWraith

Oct 28, 2017
It's totally possible he will appear, though. The only constraint is that it can't happen on Tatooine. Maul said they didn't see each other since a long time, but didn't specify if it was since TCW or something else happened between them during that timeframe. There is actually a potential to give Maul additional reasons why he was so obsessed in finding him during events of Rebels.
I think you're overthinking this. They will just ignore other Clone Wars/Rebels.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely love McGregor's Obi-Wan. This will be pure gold.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

There's a big blank period, I think, between the end of Revenge of the Sith and the third season of Rebels. It's like fifteen years, closer to twenty.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
So hopefully it's the Yojimbo-esque take on the character roaming Tatooine while watching over Luke.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Owen and Beru Lars appear in the series

r1SCpTh.jpg
XX8BRv4.jpg

Mockerre

Story Director
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Apparently George Lucas was never a huge fan of a lot of the crazier old EU stories. I've seen many people say this but I don't have a specific source for it. Maybe someone else does.

But yeah, they are adapting some older EU stuff to the new canon which feels great. Still, as much as I love the old EU, some of that stuff was a little out there and I'm excited to have a fresh, clean slate to build upon.

No one likes those crazier old EU stories. But Lucas did take from the EU, most natably Coruscant first appeared in the Zahn trilogy.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Never a huge fan" is putting it lightly. According to Pablo, George literally didn't know anything about the EU apart from what Pablo told him once in a meeting.