• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
This show was so good and then the final episode hit and they were like, "welp, I guess we are just going to make this 100% fanservice and cater to fandom menace people." Not just the fandom menace but it felt like fanfic and I was glad it was over.

Most of the Reva stuff was good in the episode but I don't want a Reva spin-off series.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Star wars FTL has ALWAYS been "as long as the plot requires". It's always inconsistent and used to get characters places when they need to be.

Same as how space ships act more like WWII fighters and battleships, and not actual spaceships in zero-G or gravity wells.
The issue isn't about the ships. We don't even see her finding a ship to begin with so how could it be? If there was an extra ship lying around that base, you'd think it would have come up when Obi-Wan was asking to leave in the last episode. We can fill in the blanks with all the conviences we'd like but it's still poorly written and poorly paced.

You could also try applying the same posthoc rationalization that you used to be OK with Luke and the xwing to this show. But you won't do that because this is somehow more egregious. Give me a break.
Get the fuck out of here with your bad faith bullshit. There's nothing to rationalize. How is it a stretch to imagine that a ship capable of hyperspace and a droid capable of programming that ship to navigate to a system is plausible? We literally see every step of the process that we don't see with Reva. What are you even talking about? There are no blanks to fill in there. He's already in a ship, he puts in the coordinates, and he goes there? Give ME a break.

TyrantII

Oct 25, 2017
Boston
I liked it. But also, "Obi Wan Kenobi: Episode 6 - I can't see shit!'

I know I'm getting old when I'm sitting there squinting at the night scenes.

Got an OLED?

These real night scenes in real dark sets at 4K look great on OLED with it's blacks and good dark contrast levels. Not as much on LED/LCD, and streaming bitrates tend to make it worse.

Industry has moved away from filming day as night and slapping a blue filter over it. Although funny enough Orville did that last week!

The issue isn't about the ships. We don't even see her finding a ship to begin with so how could it be? If there was an extra ship lying around that base, you'd think it would have come up when Obi-Wan was asking to leave in the last episode. We can fill in the blanks with all the conviences we'd like but it's still poorly written and poorly paced.

The Reva stuff was probably the worst thing about the series, besides some questionable editing / action choices. It's more interesting than just some Inquisitiors, but felt rushed and there's she hasn't even gotten her redemption arch yet. Coming back from a light saber to the gut and finding a way off planet was the least of the things they left out, as they gloss over a lot of who she was and what she did to get to Vader in the first place.

Last edited:

Deleted member 12009

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Get the fuck out of here with your bad faith bullshit. There's nothing to rationalize. How is it a stretch to imagine that a ship capable of hyperspace and a droid capable of programming that ship to navigate to a system is possible? What are you even talking about? There are no blanks to fill in there. He's already in a ship, he puts in the coordinates, and he goes there? Give ME a break.

It's all fake, none of this is real. Obi-Wan had a droid with him too, so there- that's how he got to tatooine so fast. See? It's easy.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
You tell me not to use real world logic. I say I'm not. You tell me lightsabers don't even exist. Can't argue that, I guess you win.

There is suspension of disbelief in every fictional property. Doesn't mean they have to shove into your face how much they don't care about the continuity or stakes of their own show. You mentioned Luke not having the strength to hold himself up after getting his arm cut off. That's not near as blatant. It's more analogous to Luke growing back his hand and dueling Vader again five minutes later.

Yes, I admit I was not as locked into those scenes which did not interest me much. I retract saying it was not acknowledged in even the slightest way.

If others think that this:
screen-shot-2022-06-15-at-10-52-24-am-1655307948.png

Was handled in a way that fully acknowledged what happened, more power to them. I think it's lazy/uncaring writing more than anything, and don't think that is wrong to call out.
She should've died there. A better writing team would've had her attack Vader to help distract him to let the ship get away. She would've died there and had somewhat of an arc. Instead she is essentially a pointless character who's only role is to get Vader and obi-wan together.

Her and the inquisitors were so pointless all season long.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
So my dads been watching this, he loves all fantasy and sci fi everything. Today I asked him if he saw the final episode and his response was "why didnt he kill him?"

And I just laughed and laughed.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Then feel free to fill in the blank with whatever would make the plot contrivance make sense. Or, watch something that doesn't insult your intelligence with space magic.
Sorry for discussing this show in a thread about discussing this show. If you criticize any aspect of something it must mean that you hate it and you should just watch something else. Nuance doesn't exist. Also, you should attack people that are criticizing the show even though you don't even understand what they are criticizing. Totally not in bad faith or anything.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
OT had plenty of inconsistencies and flaws, but people really act like a near 50 year old ambitious auteur space fantasy production means any level of quality is normal "because its Star Wars" or "because space magic".

Being told "don't watch Star Wars" because you have a few problems with the Obi Wan series is just weirdly defensive. Why do you care?
We still got enough out of it to finish it (more than I can say for Bobba Fett). It just isn't near the best of what the IP has had.

God forbid people discuss a show in its OT

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Being told "don't watch Star Wars" because you have a few problems with the Obi Wan series is just weirdly defensive. Why do you care?
We still got enough out of it to finish it. It just isn't near the best of what the IP has had.
No, no, no, no... you should just watch something else, lol. Let me condescend to you because there's only positivity allowed in here.

ruxtpin

Oct 30, 2017
PA
Got an OLED?

These real night scenes in real dark sets at 4K look great on OLED with it's blacks and good dark contrast levels. Not as much on LED/LCD, and streaming bitrates tend to make it worse.

I thought it was, but looking up the model now and I believe it's a QLED from 2019. Not that that makes a lick of sense to me. I'm still sour more new TVs don't do 3D.

Edit: Guess my next TV will be OLED.

Wigdogger

Oct 27, 2017
OT had plenty of inconsistencies and flaws, but people really act like a near 50 year old ambitious auteur space fantasy production means any level of quality is normal "because its Star Wars" or "because space magic".

This is kind of the thing. I get it -- there are a lot of people who just want to turn their brain off for this kind of thing. Fair enough, I guess. I have no problem with Moses Ingram. She seems great. I wish she wasn't given such a shitty character arc to have to sell. It's not on her.

The show certainly has moments -- the final confrontation actually had a small modicum of emotion -- but why is this low-effort, grainy CGI, shaky cam, hastily written mediocrity above any kind of criticism?

Yes, there is space magic. That counts for a lot and excuses things. But this is why Game of Thrones and things like that became so much of a discussion point. No matter what show or movie you're doing, there has to be some kind of rules for people to feel connection, emotion, stakes.

Even time travel stories or magical stories can have an integrity, consistency and underpinning that makes people believe. Instead, it just seems like a lot obvious nostalgia bait and cash-grab streaming service material just gets handwaved by people hard-coded to auto-like it.

I'm not expecting amazing things from Star Wars these days. But some real emotion? Some actual characters worth caring about that haven't existed for 40 years already? And craft... this show reinforces how important craft is, as it can save a lot of weak spots. When the craft is bad, you really focus on the writing and characters (which should be compelling regardless).

Lari

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Enjoyed the series overall but the last ep was very meh and overall it doesn't really add anything to the continuity.
We got an origin story for Luke's toy ships.

I think a Obi Wan undercover jedi PI solving tiny mysteries in tattooine might've been a better show.

Deleted member 12009

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for discussing this show in a thread about discussing this show. If you criticize any aspect of something it must mean that you hate it and you should just watch something else. Nuance doesn't exist. Also, you should attack people that are criticizing the show even though you don't even understand what they are criticizing. Totally not in bad faith or anything.

You're just being hyperbolic. Also, you responded to me first, remember? You could have just walked past, but you're upset that I'm not going to validate your criticisms because they're meaningless outside of ruining your personal ability to be charitable or open to a story. Sometimes you just have to turn your brain off and let it ride, either because youre invested in the lore or you just want some emotional escapism. The vast majority of media doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

We still got enough out of it to finish it. It just isn't near the best of what the IP has had.

God forbid people discuss a show in its OT

Because not all the criticism is even valid, and most of this is just hand wringing over 'yet another star wars,' which has plagued every single Star Wars thread for the past few years. If you're just coming in looking for validation from other people who don't like a thing than it basically chills any other conversation in the thread

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
LOL

This made Vader look like a chump. I laughed so hard at Kenobi beating him down like he stole something. Now we know where Kylo got it from.

Still not alright with Reva living through a lightsaber in the gut. Also, why not send the Inquisitors about the ship towards the rebels slowly flying away from them when Vader boards his ship to go after Kenobi?

Still, I enjoyed the series. It's mindless fun, and actually entertaining after the first episode.

And Liam Neeson telling everyone that he wouldn't come back as Qui-Gon unless it was a movie role was always bullshit. I half expected to see Maul come back at the end too.

Oct 29, 2017
Enjoyed the series overall but the last ep was very meh and overall it doesn't really add anything to the continuity.
We got an origin story for Luke's toy ships.

I think a Obi Wan undercover jedi PI solving tiny mysteries in tattooine might've been a better show.

Could be what get out of season 2, since I thought I heard they renewed it for a second season already.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
It was solid, but like all these Star Wars shows and movies, I fundamentally hate everything being tied to nostalgia. It masks mediocre writing, pacing and action.
When are we going to fast forward (or fast rewind) the timeline and create brand new stories and characters that don't have 6 degrees of separation from Vader and Palpatine?

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
It was solid, but like all these Star Wars shows and movies, I fundamentally hate everything being tied to nostalgia. It masks mediocre writing, pacing and action.
When are we going to fast forward (or fast rewind) the timeline and create brand new stories and characters that don't have 6 degrees of separation from Vader and Palpatine?

Wasn't that Taika Waititi's intent with what he's doing?

Brewm0nt

Dec 22, 2017
Orlando, FL
I mean, we could've had that…before the uproar over TLJ.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
That's what that scene implied?

Real world logic? Being stabbed by two lightsabers in the chest feels like pretty well established Star Wars logic at this point. Obi should have asked Qui Gon's ghost why we went out like such a chump.

Hatred and thirst for revenge kept her alive. There is plenty of precedent in the franchise for dark siders to live through incredible bodily damage because their rage kept them alive. Maul and Vader themselves are examples of it. And the show outright states it when the Grand Inquisitor shows up alive minutes before Reva is stabbed. What else do you need, Reva to turn to the fucking camera and say "I am still alive because of hate, in case you were still confused?"

She stole a ship from someone outside the base. That's it. That's all the explanation needed and the show trusts you to manage that on your own. Seems like that was too much for some people.

Get the fuck out of here with your bad faith bullshit. There's nothing to rationalize. How is it a stretch to imagine that a ship capable of hyperspace and a droid capable of programming that ship to navigate to a system is plausible? We literally see every step of the process that we don't see with Reva. What are you even talking about? There are no blanks to fill in there. He's already in a ship, he puts in the coordinates, and he goes there? Give ME a break.

I have no idea what you're even talking about here. Star Wars starship travel has always been about as complex as driving. Tatooine is a known system, any ship with a hyperdrive and a navicomputer can take you there. Why would you need a scene explaining that Reva knows how to drive?

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
You're just being hyperbolic. Also, you responded to me first, remember? You could have just walked past, but you're upset that I'm not going to validate your criticisms because they're meaningless outside of ruining your personal ability to be charitable or open to a story. Sometimes you just have to turn your brain off and let it ride, either because youre invested in the lore or you just want some emotional escapism. The vast majority of media doesn't stand up to scrutiny.
What exactly have I said that is hyperbolic? Please enlighten me. And you're going to pretend that the post I responded to wasn't a direct response to my post? lol, let the bad faith keep on rolling I guess. I should start a bingo card. Why would I be upset that you won't "validate" my criticisms? You don't even understand what I'm criticizing considering you didn't even know what character I was talking about. Not that it stopped you from giving your two cents anyway. I never implied that my criticisms needed to bother anyone else. You're just projecting.

I let things slide all the time in the media I consume. Doesn't mean I have to do that all the time and it doesn't mean it's somehow a crime to criticize something when it doesn't make sense.

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
Re watched again.

I just love how Obi wan not for a moment is ever really tempted by the dark side, like all the sky walkers seem to be. He has that moment of fear in the rubble but when he reaches deeper- it's nothing but love he finds, love for these children he's sworn to protect, and he pulls from the Light of that love and goes full 9000 super sayain all over the dark side vader

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
User threadbanned
She stole a ship from someone outside the base. That's it. That's all the explanation needed and the show trusts you to manage that on your own. Seems like that was too much for some people.
I'm glad it was that simple for you.
I have no idea what you're even talking about here. Star Wars starship travel has always been about as complex as driving. Tatooine is a known system, any ship with a hyperdrive and a navicomputer can take you there. Why would you need a scene explaining that Reva knows how to drive?
You have no idea what I'm talking about because you've already decided that we didn't need an explanation on how she managed to heal herself up and find a ship.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It was a very odd choice to have Obi Wan "lose" his powers for half the season.
I didn't think he lost them so much as his connection to the force weakened from lack of use/severe PTSD. It's happened a few times in other Star Wars media with characters who get put through it
I really think George Lucas is a lucky moron who didn't have a plan after the original 3 movies.
he didn't have a plan for any of the movies. That's why Luke and Leia kissed

Either that or they had a deal going with Folgers Coffee that fell through

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm not sure I want to wade into this but it's not just "not making sense" that hurts a show - it's the fact that without rules, you remove tension and drama. Deus ex machina is just not as satisfying when overused. It's no surprise that this show heavily bothers people with how it so neatly slots everything into place exactly as predicted and without hesitation, so blatantly, so often.

You can get something out of it without tension if you're so willing, but it leaves most people wanting.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Overall, it was a decent series, but it should have done new stuff rather than bring back other characters.

The final fight didn't work for me. Obi-Wan just leaving him alive again makes no sense. He's dangerous, he's killed, and he will kill again. Obi-Won just helped him with that. Would have been so easy to just end it with him escaping from being buried (which would have worked great with Tarkin's comment about him being dead). Or, if you have to have Obi-Won win the fight, have Vader flee. He calls his ship in, or the Grand Inquisitor swoops in to rescue him.

Leia stuff was also weirdly handled, because now Vader knows Leia can be used as a lure for Obi-Wan. He would absolutely exploit that.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Re watched again.

I just love how Obi wan not for a moment is ever really tempted by the dark side, like all the sky walkers seem to be. He has that moment of fear in the rubble but when he reaches deeper- it's nothing but love he finds, love for these children he's sworn to protect, and he pulls from the Light of that love and goes full 9000 super sayain all over the dark side vader
It's kind of his thing, Obi is basically the ideal Jedi. Strong, intelligent, empathetic, basically all of the best parts of all of us.

Overall, it was a decent series, but it should have done new stuff rather than bring back other characters.

The final fight didn't work for me. Obi-Wan just leaving him alive again makes no sense. He's dangerous, he's killed, and he will kill again. Obi-Won just helped him with that. Would have been so easy to just end it with him escaping from being buried (which would have worked great with Tarkin's comment about him being dead). Or, if you have to have Obi-Won win the fight, have Vader flee. He calls his ship in, or the Grand Inquisitor swoops in to rescue him.

Leia stuff was also weirdly handled, because now Vader knows Leia can be used as a lure for Obi-Wan. He would absolutely exploit that.
Obi-wan would have wrecked the whole inquisitor's core. Dude just bodied Vader and made him look like a chump, nobody short of the Emperor was forcing a stop.

16bitnova

Oct 28, 2017
I'm obsessed with this last episode. I've watched that final exchange between Obi and Vader like 15 times already. I gotta give it to Deborah Chow. I think she does great with the emotional beats. The action (shaky came issues) can use some work but overall I think she did great.

I'm just so happy. This show made me feel like a kid again. It transported me right back to my younger years watching the prequels. As fans of something we hold so dear to our hearts, it will be impossible to please everyone, but one thing I hope comes from this is some young child out there watching this and falling in love with Star Wars and wanting to find out more about these characters and universe, which in turn takes them on the same journey of discovery with Star Wars, that we all once upon a time began as well. Kudos to Ewan and Hayden and all the rest of the crew. A big thank you to them for giving us this, even though they didn't have to.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished, loved it.

Although god damn, everyone leaves their lightsabers on Tattooine. Place must be lousy with them.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
man

Carrie would have loved the shit out of lil' Leia :/

on my rewatch:

yeah Anakin definetely wasn't letting Obi off the hook with his "i killed anakin"

it wasn't because he wanted his master to be free of guilt, he doesn't wanna be just "obi's failure"

like if he only existed because obi wan sucked as a teacher or something

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
LOL

This made Vader look like a chump. I laughed so hard at Kenobi beating him down like he stole something. Now we know where Kylo got it from.

Still not alright with Reva living through a lightsaber in the gut. Also, why not send the Inquisitors about the ship towards the rebels slowly flying away from them when Vader boards his ship to go after Kenobi?

Still, I enjoyed the series. It's mindless fun, and actually entertaining after the first episode.

And Liam Neeson telling everyone that he wouldn't come back as Qui-Gon unless it was a movie role was always bullshit. I half expected to see Maul come back at the end too.
I think Maul coming back at the end would've detracted from him finally making it to Tatooine in Rebels.

As for Vader getting rocked (figuratively and literally), I think it's fine in this context. If anyone was gonna fuck him up it'd be Obi Wan. Dude knows how to take advantage of Anakin's impatience and blind rage (that's how he ended up losing his remaining limbs, after all), and getting hit in the life support system probably didn't help. He can keep himself alive for a while without it but he's not winning many fights if he can't even breathe. Mentioned before but I haven't seen Vader get bodied that hard since Force Unleashed

Why Obi Wan let him live after realizing that he was a lost cause is anyone's guess.

As for Reva, it's both not her first lightsaber through the gut and this time she's got the power of hate. Sith survive some stupid shit when they're angry enough. Maul survived without his entire bottom half

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Finally a decent duel. Obi Wan going all Night King and summoning rocks was kinda funny but also pretty fun. The dialogue at the end of their fight was solid, as was the choice to use both voices for Anakin/Vader.

That's probably the only good part of the episode though... >.>

"Have you come to destroy me, Obi-wan?" says the man who spent the entire series chasing Obiwan
That made me laugh too. As did the "Did you really expect to defeat me?" said the man who was defeated before (not to mention how cliché that line is, but eh, Vader is the OG movie archvillain so I'll let it slide).

This was absolutely the funniest (in a good way) part of the episode for me. Like, fuck, why don't we have a series about retired gangster Aunt Beru. I had no idea she was this cool.

It'd be very funny for this series to reveal that Aunt Beru has some kind of dark past, but found Owen who is legit just a farmer and an all around good boy and fell in love with his simple but honest ways, putting away her guns because she wanted to live a domestic life, only to need to spring back into action when trouble came.
Disney reading this post right now: 🤔 ✍️

@1:55 - Obi-Wan narrowly dodges Vader's strike but in the next shot his roll has teleported him 2 meters away and you can still see Vader's strike coming down.
Maybe the choreographer ran on From Software netcode 😏

Was surprised that they actually found time in this last episode to cram in one more giant contrivance - having Obi-Wan actually somehow defeat Vader handily, have a moment where they actually say that Anakin is dead and it's just Vader now, and then having Obi-Wan not just finish the job and rid of the universe of this incredibly dangerous individual.

Oh and Reva was incapable of killing 2 farmers. Jesus Christ this show.
Ehhhh Reva was critically injured. It's a miracle she's even standing. I didn't think that her struggling to fight the farmers was a problem per se, I had a WAY bigger problem with how she even knew about Luke to begin with. Or how she survived the lightsaber stab, or how she wasn't finished off, or how she's off the hook for all her past crimes because of that one face turn, or.... yeah. But not the farm scene per se.

Agreed with the criticism about leaving Vader alive though.

Also remember that Obi Wan wanted Luke to kill Vader.

"I can't kill my own father."

"Then the Emperor has already won"
Obi Wan: You must face Darth Vader, again.

Luke: I can't kill my own father.

Obi Wan: ah yes your father that you have known for 1 year, chopped your hand and tried to convert you to the dark side.
Oooooof lol

Yeahhhh I don't buy that it's in-character for Obi-Wan to not kill Vader, since, you know:

Yes. He also cut off his "brother's" legs and left him to burn in a molten pit of lava, and then was *extremely* surprised to find out he was still alive ten years later.

I don't know, he doesn't seem *that* conflicted.
Exactly. And now he lets a dangerous mass murderer go, again. This time on purpose, despite acknowledging that the old Anakin is indeed dead. C'mon.

Obi-Wan praising the hell out of Leia's biological parents right in front of her adoptive parents was a bit awkward lol
I found that funny too. I was like "dude they're right there..."

And he does it in the framework of absolving Obiwan. The basic exchange here is Vader trying to comfort Obiwan by telling him that it is not his fault that Anakin ended up the way he did.
Nah I completely disagree here. He didn't say it to absolve Obi-Wan at all. He said it to regain agency over himself. Even had an evil smile when he said it, too. NGL I enjoyed that moment, probably the best part of the episode for me.

Besides, "I am what you made me" does not reconcile with "It's not your fault", but it still fits the "I am choosing to embrace this new identity and leave the old one behind".

Deleted member 12009

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What exactly have I said that is hyperbolic? Please enlighten me. And you're going to pretend that the post I responded to wasn't a direct response to my post? lol, let the bad faith keep on rolling I guess. I should start a bingo card. Why would I be upset that you won't "validate" my criticisms? You don't even understand what I'm criticizing considering you didn't even know what character I was talking about. Not that it stopped you from giving your two cents anyway. I never implied that my criticisms needed to bother anyone else. You're just projecting.

I let things slide all the time in the media I consume. Doesn't mean I have to do that all the time and it doesn't mean it's somehow a crime to criticize something when it doesn't make sense.

"Sorry for discussing this show in a thread about discussing this show. If you criticize any aspect of something it must mean that you hate it and you should just watch something else. Nuance doesn't exist. Also, you should attack people that are criticizing the show even though you don't even understand what they are criticizing. Totally not in bad faith or anything."

Ah yes, all those things I said. No room for nuance here or any criticism whatsoever. This isn't at all an exaggeration or hyperbolic anger at my suggestion that Star Wars always relied on plot contrivances. Also, I was not responding to you. Perhaps you hadn't noticed through your blinding hatred of star wars and lightsaber logic, but you aren't the only person in here with knee-jerk hot takes. But you know, Star Wars seems to have that effect on people. Perhaps you could try another show or franchise that makes you less angry?

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Last episode was definitely the best. Still not perfect by any means, which is kind of disappointing because McGregor definitely brought his A-game. But, it was still enjoyable. Their saber fight was definitely the best lightsaber shit in any of these shows. And not that we haven't seen it a million times in video games and comics, but it was cool to see real live action helmet-destroyed Vader so we could peak at Anakin. Having his voice faulter between Anakin and Vader was good shit.

I just hope they leave Vader out of a season 2. I kinda expected them to use Palpatine's scene to put shit to rest. Have him tell Vader to just leave that shit alone and let Obi-Wan sit there in defeat as they rule the galaxy or something. Cause, like, how do you explain Vader not just going directly for Leia again to drag Obi-Wan out?

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
"Sorry for discussing this show in a thread about discussing this show. If you criticize any aspect of something it must mean that you hate it and you should just watch something else. Nuance doesn't exist. Also, you should attack people that are criticizing the show even though you don't even understand what they are criticizing. Totally not in bad faith or anything."

Ah yes, all those things I said. No room for nuance here or any criticism whatsoever. This isn't at all an exaggeration or hyperbolic anger at my suggestion that Star Wars always relied on plot contrivances. Also, I was not responding to you. Perhaps you hadn't noticed through your blinding hatred of star wars and lightsaber logic, but you aren't the only person in here with knee-jerk hot takes. But you know, Star Wars seems to have that effect on people. Perhaps you could try another show or franchise that makes you less angry?
My bingo card is all maxed out, thanks!

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the series. Overall, the series was alright. Some cool scenes/episodes but fell flat in others.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
That was amazing, loved every moment of it, but also makes me wish it just been a 2hr movie instead of a show. The last episode plus like 20mins here and there from the other episodes would have been the more satisfying experience.

But still, I can't express how much I loved that. Fan service be damned, I'm a sucker for it.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
I'm going to put my tinfoil hat on and theorize that the showrunners used Hayden only sparingly to gauge the audience reaction to him. Now that everyone knows he can act, they can feel more comfortable putting him in more scenes in Ahsoka.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
That was a great finale. It gave us the seed planted for Kenobi's explanation to Luke in ANH, as well as him calling him "Darth". And Qui-Gon at the end (combined with some fourth-wall breaking commentary regarding Liam Neeson's lack of being in Star Wars stuff and the fact that he was supposed to be a force ghost in Ep 1 but it was cut) was great.

I hope we see Reva again soon. She's a great character.

My only issue was a plothole I've wondered about for years... How does Luke find out his real last name? One must assume that he took on the Lars family name like Leia did with the Organas, given that having your last name be "Skywalker" kind of sends a glowing red beacon towards the dude who is the Emperor's right-hand-man. So how the hell did he learn that he was, in fact Luke Skywalker and not Luke Lars?

Deleted member 12009

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User threadbanned
I'm glad it was that simple for you.

You have no idea what I'm talking about because you've already decided that we didn't need an explanation on how she managed to heal herself up and find a ship.

See what happens when you have a contructive attitude? You can even find enjoyment in things that condescend to you.

Vidpixel

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, last episode was by far the best, but the show in general felt like it should've been a movie imo, especially with one of the episodes almost feeling like filler (Inquisitor base infiltration). I lowkey wish they played Duel of the Fates during the final showdown lol fan service be damned.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
My only issue was a plothole I've wondered about for years... How does Luke find out his real last name? One must assume that he took on the Lars family name like Leia did with the Organas, given that having your last name be "Skywalker" kind of sends a glowing red beacon towards the dude who is the Emperor's right-hand-man. So how the hell did he learn that he was, in fact Luke Skywalker and not Luke Lars?
I'm pretty sure this is honestly a plot hole that was introduced in The Empire Strikes Back when Lucas decided to make Luke to be Vader's son. lol

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
I felt that when vader screams as obi-wan's walking away. Some really good acting on their part during that last bit of dialogue

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really bothered by this
Is it really out of character for Obi not finishing off Vader? Plus he admitted Anakin is gone
Is it some Jedi code that we are missing lol

If it wasn't a decisive win .. This wouldn't be an issue at all

Yeah I thought it was a bit strange that Obi-Wan realizes his friend is gone, defeats Vader but makes the same mistake twice and doesn't finish him off. It's just clearly because he can't because Episode 4 needs to happen and not for any other reason.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
She and her husband got caught up in but thankfully managed to escape from this

www.resetera.com

Allison Mack (Chloe from Smallville) was a head slave in a sex slave cult?

Just heard about this today when reading more articles in the NXIVM case. For those not aware, the founder of a Multi Level Marketing company for "personal development" used his company to create his own sex slave cult. He had sex slaves as his lieutenants who were in charge of recruiting their...

There is a great documentary about it on HBO Max called The Vow.

www.youtube.com

The Vow NXIVM Documentary | Part 1 Trailer | HBO

Be careful what you commit to.The Vow, an HBO Original documentary series that provides an unprecedented look into the self-help group NXIVM, is now streamin...
Jesus that's rough