• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sendero

Oct 25, 2017
(Preface by saying I LOVED the 2 eps)

this is made even worse because it looked like the clone was wearing 501st armor, which means he would've been serving under anakin himself.
Haha, good point.

Also, forgot to mention that the new world (Daiyu), reminded me A LOT to that old and cancelled SW "gritty" show they had planned several years ago.
Think there is a concept video around.

This one:

Iceternal

Oct 28, 2017
Thought Leia was great.

Grand Inquisitor was a little off… he's much better in rebels.

Reva is kinda awful. The writing lacks any subtlety and the actress doesn't have enough charisma to pull it off.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Every scene with Leia as a princess really drives home how much Luke got the short straw by being dumped on a farm.

Goku420

May 23, 2022
Also just to go back to this for a moment, those are the exact people who hate on this the most.

The ones so obsessed by "lore," by "continuity," and just absolutely cream themselves when Ahsoka shows up. Squeal in delight when CGI Luke shows up to save the day.

They're not the ones coming out in support of this stuff. They're the ones most vocal about how they think it's shit until they're spoon-fed a helping of fan service. Then it's just yum yum.
You can't really split people into these two groups so cleanly.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
After thinking a bit more, the thing that bothers me a bit in relation with Leia is how the character jumps back and forth in a matter of seconds between being wise beyond her age and acting like a spoiled little toddler.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
So like a normal precocious child then. A spoiled princess.

The key phrase being in a matter of seconds in both directions. And the big difference between the two attitudes. Like she almost never is just an 10 years old.

Edit: a 10 years old child is a pretty mature one who understands a lot about the world and behaviours. Especially a well educated one.

Last edited:

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't find the eps to be that bad.

Ok under heavy scrutiny, yes…
Leia's chase sequences were ridiculous.
Reva was lacking, both in terms of acting and writing.
Other inquisitors as well….I mean why show compassion when your whole purpose is to hunt Jedi? Felt it needed some justification for them to constantly bemoan Reva's methods, which were clever and successful in luring out Obi-Wan.
How did Obi not know Vader lived after a decade? Surely Vader was out there terrorizing and making his presence known?
They really didn't nail the landing for the force moment with Obi.
Leia STOP saying the word Jedi repeatedly in a crowded area FFS(I really liked her otherwise).

Perhaps I'm just too tired to nitpick and waste space getting bothered or hung up by this franchise anymore. I still came out interested and entertained despite the above. Wasn't bothered by the sets or stunts(well Reva was goofy, and some line readings could have been tightened up, but eh…I liked it). Music felt fine too. It could have been better, but I'm not really down on it.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Didn't find the eps to be that bad.

Ok under heavy scrutiny, yes…
Leia's chase sequences were ridiculous.
Reva was lacking, both in terms of acting and writing.
Other inquisitors as well….I mean why show compassion when your whole purpose is to hunt Jedi? Felt it needed some justification for them to constantly bemoan Reva's methods, which were clever and successful in luring out Obi-Wan.
How did Obi not know Vader lived after a decade? Surely Vader was out there terrorizing and making his presence known?
They really didn't nail the landing for the force moment with Obi.
Leia STOP saying the word Jedi repeatedly in a crowded area FFS(I really liked her otherwise).

Perhaps I'm just too tired to nitpick and waste space getting bothered or hung up by this franchise anymore. I still came out interested and entertained despite the above. Wasn't bothered by the sets or stunts(well Reva was goofy, and some line readings could have been tightened up, but eh…I liked it). Music felt fine too. It could have been better, but I'm not really down on it.
Grand Inquisitor mentions something about Obi Wan not being hers to hunt. If one of them killed him before Vader, Vader would probably murder them in rage at not getting to kill him personally.

Tatooine is super remote, not like there'd be much news of the outside world there. It's a stretch that he wouldn't know about Vader, but I buy it.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Last Obi-Wan saw Anakin, he was limbless and burning alive on a lava planet. He'd have every reason to think Anakin was dead and certainly no reason to believe that life for Anakin continued as a large black-armored cyborg.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I have my problems with the show but I didn't actually mind Reva? Outside of that goofy ass parkour flip, and the obvious Batman look (seriously what is up with making her literally Batman lol), I thought she was fine.

Dr. Wario

User requested ban
Banned
Jun 30, 2020
The only thing that pulled me out was the weird Leia chase, but other than that I absolutely loved it

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
What's up with the grand inquisitor. How are they going to explain that... and the execution of the scene sucked, he would have killed her on the spot.

the grand inquisitor got stabbed in nearly the same place Fennec Shand got shot in Mandalorian, and Boba Fett "fixed" her with robot parts. Since the GI got stabbed with a lightsaber in the gut, something-something bacta tank-robot Empire doctor engineer - now GI has a cyborg stomach and is a-ok.

Hell, maybe it already happened so they just have to replace his stomach bag, like a vacuum cleaner

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Grand Inquisitor mentions something about Obi Wan not being hers to hunt. If one of them killed him before Vader, Vader would probably murder them in rage at not getting to kill him personally.

Tatooine is super remote, not like there'd be much news of the outside world there. It's a stretch that he wouldn't know about Vader, but I buy it.

Yeah, I got the impression that he'd gone there, made his hut, and just worked odd jobs until Bail contacted him. I guess it might be an issue that Bail doesn't know, but it's not helpful for him to tell Obi anyways. Obi seems pretty dead set on simply surviving until he can teach Luke, with little else for interest.

I am curious how much, if any, Qui Gon we're gonna get. When first revealed I thought it would be a big part of the show (Obi learning how to be a ghost from his old master) but it seems like the show will be too fast paced after this point to dwell on it much. It did at least get acknowledged.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
...have you never been around a kid of that age?

That's damn accurate.

Yes, I have a kid of my own (who's meanwhile bigger than that) and I saw also his friends/colleagues at the same age and still don't understand why people like you think a 10 years old behaves like a 5 years old. Especially girls are way more grounded in reality.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Reva's okay. i dunno if i'm really interested in a "good cop" inquisitor arc (if that's where they're going) but whatever

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017

Yea, I guess I can buy that the Inquisitors are intent on capturing Obi, but they saved various randos from the wraith of Reva as well, which is largely where I had issues. Like these inquisitors are not noble individuals, they are meant to enact fear in service of their goal, but Reva crossed the line threatening the locals? "Enough #3!! Sorry for the disturbance peeps, she'll be spoken harshly too! Go about your business...apologies again"

Also, the Vader thing. I can only buy the theory of Obi not being aware of Vader if:
1) Vader did jack all over the last ten years and not made himself public(not possible given Obi trembled the moment Reva mentioned his name. And she did say Vader first where the music swelled and you can see the fear in Ewan).
2) Obi was unaware that Anakin was Vader... also not possible given Ewan's reaction at the Vader namedrop. He knew before she said Anakin. If he truly though Anakin dead, the showrunner's fucked up by not making the dramatic tension swell at Anakin's name instead, which should have been more impactful.

Again, nitpicky, and its not a dealbreaker or anything for me. But it stood out while watching.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Yea, I guess I can buy that the Inquisitors are intent on capturing Obi, but they saved various randos from the wraith of Reva as well, which is largely where I had issues. Like these inquisitors are not noble individuals, they are meant to enact fear in service of their goal, but Reva crossed the line threatening the locals? "Enough #3!! Sorry for the disturbance peeps, she'll be spoken harshly too! Go about your business...apologies again"

Also, the Vader thing. I can only buy the theory of Obi not being aware of Vader if:
1) Vader did jack all over the last ten years and not made himself public(not possible given Obi trembled the moment Reva mentioned his name. And she did say Vader first where the music swelled and you can see the fear in Ewan).
2) Obi was unaware that Anakin was Vader... also not possible given Ewan's reaction at the Vader namedrop. He knew before she said Anakin. If he truly though Anakin dead, the showrunner's fucked up by not making the dramatic tension swell at Anakin's name instead, which should have been more impactful.

Again, nitpicky, and its not a dealbreaker or anything for me. But it stood out while watching.
He was dubbed Lord Vader by Palpatine before his "death"

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Obi-Wan knows that Anakin is Darth Vader. He watched Palpatine calling him by that name in Revenge of the Sith. But doesn't the show make it very explicit that Obi-Wan didn't know that Vader is alive? I mean, Reva outright said "You didn't know... Anakin Skywalker is alive."

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Obi-Wan knows that Anakin is Darth Vader. He watched Palpatine calling him by that name in Revenge of the Sith. But doesn't the show make it very explicit that Obi-Wan didn't know that Vader is alive? I mean, Reva outright said "You didn't know... Anakin Skywalker is alive."

Ah, it had been so long that I had watched RotS, I had it in my head that he was dubbed Vader at the end when he undergoes surgery and yells No!!!!! When was he named Vader again?

Still have a hard time believing Obi would be unaware of Vader not being alive after ten years. He is keeping an eye on Luke and intent to help him avoid the Empire's clutches(or awareness since it was secret births), so you would think he would keep informed if their goings on…but I guess whatever.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

The Inquisitors:
a) In Jabba's Territory
b) Already decided to go with a good cop approach which Reva completely ignored. Their strategy is to sell the people into giving up info and paint the Jedi as the bad guys.

They're not noble, they were being manipulative

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, it had been so long that I had watched RotS, I had it in my head that he was dubbed Vader at the end when he undergoes surgery and yells No!!!!! When was he named Vader again?

Still have a hard time believing Obi would be unaware of Vader not being alive after ten years. He is keeping an eye on Luke and intent to help him avoid the Empire's clutches, so you would think he would keep informed if their goings on…but I guess whatever.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
To me it's kind of strange that Obi-Wan thought Anakin was dead because surely if he'd died he would have sensed his death through the Force like we've seen many times in the films. When Anakin was fighting Obi-Wan, Sheev was even able to sense that Anakin was "in danger" from halfway across the galaxy. Leia felt Han's death, Rey and Leia felt Luke's death, really Obi-Wan and Anakin should have a similar connection.

Nov 25, 2017
Finland
Still have a hard time believing Obi would be unaware of Vader not being alive after ten years. He is keeping an eye on Luke and intent to help him avoid the Empire's clutches(or awareness since it was secret births), so you would think he would keep informed if their goings on…but I guess whatever.

Yeah, that felt like a bout of unnecessary drama. However, I can imagine this to be true up to a degree - he was all about keeping their head low and perhaps things had been relatively quiet there. You could see his reluctance to do anything but mope in his cave, cut sand fish meat and get toys for Luke. If Obi-Wan's feels aren't on the focus on later episodes I'll be disappointed. His world was destroyed by the Empire, not a difficult thing to psychologically guide yourself away. And, he could easily explain it to himself that any kind of inquiry would bring even the slightest attention that could turn to something else. He hid Luke.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

I have to assume the Inquisitors are not mad at brutalizinh or killing civilians they just don't think she's being helpful
Grand was mad because she straight was going to kill the jedi Grand wanted to interrogate and general behavior
Brother stopped her when her tactic at least i think

I don't remember Fifth Brother being particularly sadistic in rebels while Grand definitely played with his food

Teejay

Oct 27, 2017
The chase scene/s only needs a benny hill soundtrack. Other than that, I enjoyed it but I came in to just watch and never over analyze stuff, just watch and relax.

There are some criticism like why can't the inquisitors just get on their ship and chase after a slow-automatic freighter and stuff or the third sister came off just a bit over the top. I like Needles lol

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

I feel like because Darth Vader is a popular character in real life people are equating that to everyone in the Star Wars galaxy knowing who Darth Vader is and that he exists and that's not the case.

Vader is a Sith Lord, he has no reason to exist in the public eye so why would anyone know who he is. Who would be telling Obi-wan about Darth Vader?1 About 98% of the people who know of Darth Vaders existence were Imperials lol.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017

Ah right. But no witnesses.

So my argument remains. How would Obi Wan know Vader was Anakin? If he truly believed Anakin dead(and Vader just some other asshat) until Reva spilled the beans, the producers effed up by not making the reveal as impactful in ep2 as it was to Luke in ESB.

Instead Obi Wan must have known Vader was Anakin but thought Vader was dead? So what was Vader doing after surgery for… ten years? Playing Switch?

I feel like because Darth Vader is a popular character in real life people are equating that to everyone in the Star Wars galaxy knowing who Darth Vader is and that he exists and that's not the case.

Vader is a Sith Lord, he has no reason to exist in the public eye so why would anyone know who he is. Who would be telling Obi-wan about Darth Vader?1 About 98% of the people who know of Darth Vaders existence were Imperials lol.

I guess…this is reasonable to believe. But again if Obi wan is charged to protecting Luke and trying to live secluded I'd imagine he'd be watching the Empire closely to stay ahead of discovery.

Oct 27, 2017

So my argument remains. How would Obi Wan know Vader was Anakin? If he truly believed Anakin dead(and Vader just some other asshat) until Reva spilled the beans, the producers effed up by not making the reveal as impactful in ep2 as it was to Luke in ESB.

Instead Obi Wan must have known Vader was Anakin but thought Vader was dead? So what was Vader doing after surgery for… ten years? Playing Switch?

I should've just posted this in the first place.

Bionic

Oct 27, 2017
To me it's kind of strange that Obi-Wan thought Anakin was dead because surely if he'd died he would have sensed his death through the Force like we've seen many times in the films. When Anakin was fighting Obi-Wan, Sheev was even able to sense that Anakin was "in danger" from halfway across the galaxy. Leia felt Han's death, Rey and Leia felt Luke's death, really Obi-Wan and Anakin should have a similar connection.
The show (lightly) implies that Obi-Wan has been cutting himself off from the Force, or at least trying hard to hide himself in the Force, to avoid detection.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

I guess…this is reasonable to believe. But again if Obi wan is charged to protecting Luke and trying to live secluded I'd imagine he'd be watching the Empire closely to stay ahead of discovery.

I should've just posted this in the first place.

Though he didn't know Anakin became a cyborg so his reaction would be great especially when Ben wasn't shocked by Vader appearance (probably because Vader wasn't Anakin in New hope but whatever)

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
So we all agree that the soundtrack is a big disappointment so far, don't we? I know they got someone new and John Williams is a tough act to follow, but at least bring something to the table!

The casting of familiar faces like Flea and Kumal is the second biggest issue to me, that was never what Star Wars was about. The prequels cast mostly unknowns like Daisy Ridley, and with good reason. Just takes me out of the universe.

Ewan is the sole strong point so far. Looking forward to his confrontation with Hayden.

Maybe Disney buying the franchise wasn't a good idea, you know.
Flea took me out of the show completely. What a weird casting choice.

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
First two episodes were very entertaining, but man, those inquisitors are not even remotely threatening. Reva's acting and dialogue are both very subpar and while I do like the fact she is so rage-fueled, she just hasn't managed to come off as very competent yet. The other Inquisitors are even worse, especially the boss who died like a chump. I'm also not a fan of Obi-Wan's brawling so far, even though I get why he's resorted to using his fists. However, I am really enjoying young Leia, the actress is delightful and I love her dialogue and delivery. The rooftop chase scene was annoying, but hopefully she'll be less annoyingly bratty now and more endearingly bratty.

Overall, decent and entertaining episodes and I hope they continue improving!

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Enjoying this. Assuming Reva is a former Jedi but I'm having a hard time seeing why she'd blame Obiwan while serving Vader. We'll see!

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Nah I don't think Obi-Wan was honestly. I feel like if he was keeping tabs on the Empire in that way he would have known that they were building the Death Star for example.

And one of the biggest things to me that shows no one knows really knows about Vaders existence is that when he shows up in Rebels (which is years after this show) they (the ghost crew) have no idea who he is and they have been running missions fo the Rebels for years. Plus i think Erza even mistakes Vader as being an Inquisitor, and Erza was born on a planet controlled by the Empire mind you.

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
the grand inquisitor got stabbed in nearly the same place Fennec Shand got shot in Mandalorian, and Boba Fett "fixed" her with robot parts. Since the GI got stabbed with a lightsaber in the gut, something-something bacta tank-robot Empire doctor engineer - now GI has a cyborg stomach and is a-ok.

Hell, maybe it already happened so they just have to replace his stomach bag, like a vacuum cleaner
His species actually has two stomachs in the existing canon, conveniently enough.

starwars.fandom.com

Pau'an

Pau'ans were gaunt, long-limbed humanoids from Utapau. They dwelled in their planet's sinkholes, and tamed the local varactyl for riding. Due to their long life-span, they were also known as the Ancients. The Utai, another indigenous species that lived on Utapau, along with the Pau'ans, were...

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Nah I don't think Obi-Wan was honestly. I feel like if he was keeping tabs on the Empire in that way he would have known that they were building the Death Star for example.

And one of the biggest things to me that shows no one knows really knows about Vaders existence is that when he shows up in Rebels (which is years after this show) they (the ghost crew) have no idea who he is and they have been running missions fo the Rebels for years. Plus i think Erza even mistakes Vader as being an Inquisitor, and Erza was born on a planet controlled by the Empire mind you.
Forgot the ghost crew didn't know he was and i think crew in Fallen Order didn't either
So i guess he didn't become public knowledge till later