• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
He does customise his own suit. He did from the very start according to the 2017 run. In this panel if I remember correctly it's just the original parts that form the basis of the cybernetics and he reactivates himself through the force.

I think Vader in new canon has none of the limits he did in the old EU. He's a demon. He only keeps his suit as debilitating as it is because the pain increases his anger and thus his connection with the darkside.

Lmao, what? The man has no legs and one arm, what, would he just be floating around with his one remaining limb without the suit?

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Ppl like it because it looks cool and it actually seems like a fight instead of an old dude and a guy in a stiff costume awkwardly thrusting sticks at each other.
Does it though? Or does it just look like those obnoxiously over the top prequel fights where you watch people's rehearsed dance routine?

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
The Book of Boba Fett had me pretty down on Star Wars for a while but I'm ready to give it another chance. Here we go...

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Going to be concerned if they don't nail this. It practically writes itself. If it's bland...yikes. Going to be really troubling.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really hopeful, it'll be a bummer if its disappointing. Absolutely loved Mandalorian, pretty meh on Boba Fett. The one I have zero expectations going in is Andor, I still don't really understand why that is a show but I'm happy to give it a chance to show something new and interesting.

I am curious if Obi-Wan is planned as a single one off, or if it does well, would they do a season 2 or a movie or something. My guess is even they don't really know yet.

I'm currently replaying Jedi Fallen Order (never got the plat) and really enjoying it, good way to get into the Star Wars vibe before the show drops

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I meant he doesn't upgrade his suit substantially despite cybernetics in-universe being more advanced than what he was first put in.

FWIW, there are a couple of times in the comics where he has gotten wrecked in the field and rebuilds a limb or two on the fly out of battle debris/droid parts etc.

darthvader4b-228x300.jpg

tumblr_inline_owyrsyK23c1r6qxc4_1280.png

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
There's absolutely nothing obvious in "I haven't felt this presence since..."

You're taking it as some gospel that it means exactly 19 years ago and nothing else. It actually being 10 years ago doesn't change a thing on how ANH plays out.

And it's gonna fix the ROTJ line. Win win.

Are we getting James Earl Jones to voice Vader?

They used an AI to do Luke's voice.

I feel like in the history of mankind there hasn't been a better candidate for that than ... Vader.

Skipped Book of Boba Fett but way more excited for this.

Watch episode 5 and 6. They're actually mando season 3 episodes.

Apr 17, 2018
What's weird about a typo?

Nothing about the typo itself, I just think it's weird it slipped past whoever checks this stuff before publishing.
If there even is someone like that, I am not familiar with how corporate twitter accounts are run.

Also, it made me chuckle that the wrongfully included episodes have nothing to do with Obi-Wan at all.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I think I'm just about recovered from Boba....wait....yes....yes, I'm recovered from that unpleasant experience. I'm ready for Star Wars again. Looking forward to Natalie Holt's soundtrack.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
Those are very different names. If one character was named Qui-gon Ji then I'd expect a connection.
That's much more specific, though. Reva's an actual name and I'm not even sure the two are pronounced the same, though there I could be wrong. 😅

Sometimes characters just have similar names. Hell, there are two people with the last name Antilles in Star Wars and they have no relation.

Last edited:

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
That's much more specific, though. Reva's an actual name and I don't even think the two are pronounced the same, though there I could be wrong.

Sometimes characters just have similar names. Hell, there are two people with the last name Antilles in Star Wars and they have no relation.

I think that's fair. I believe giving the situations a connection is more likely than not. Just like when you have a droid named HK-87 you think it's connected to HK-47. More importantly, I mentioned the source that makes the claim, and it's a very trustworthy one. My only doubt it will be something mentioned in the show or just behind the scene stuff.

Jamesways

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
I'm excited for this. I'm also still waiting for Boba Fett to do something cool.
Season 2 looks as expected.
www.youtube.com

The Boring Job of Boba Fett

👕MERCH👕 is available at https://www.matthewmccleskey.store/Join this channel to get access to perks:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfBLdldyxStkLfACw2Zqoa...

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Vader shouldn't be moving that fast. Both "Fallen Order" and "Rogue One" did what I feel like is a proper interpretation of Vader and that he is just this unstoppable force of the dark side that walks at a very measured pace. Part of that is Palpatine limited his movement because he more or less feared Vader would easily be able to strike him down so he had to do something to give himself an upper hand. Are those built in limits from Palpatine still Canon?

Vader in canon can and actually has moved that fast, even in a lightsaber duel. He is still limited to some degree physically but he is also very capable of moving if necessary with the force. In Lords of the Sith when him and Palpatine are being chased on Ryloth he used the force to run. He is very measured and unstoppable but that doesn't mean he can't move around when the opportunity calls.
ahsoka-darth-vader.gif

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited and I hope to god this is good.

I was initially apprehensive about Vader's inclusion in this show and it took me a while to make peace with it. For a long time that came in the form of begrudging acceptance, but the more I thought about it, I was struck with a lot of potential value in what it can add to the lore.

I think it could be very interesting to see how and why Obi-Wan completely gives up on Anakin. That's a piece of connective tissue kind of missing between the new lore and the old lore. On Mustafar he tells Anakin that he loves him and can't bring himself to finish the job, while in the OT he sees Vader as no more than a mechanical monster and tells Luke the only option is to kill him.

It's not impossible to draw that line between the PT and the OT, with Obi-Wan stewing in the desert for 20 years in the interim. But I've come to realize that it does a disservice to the brotherhood those two characters had. I'd like to see Obi-Wan at least make the attempt to get through to him.

Last edited:

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Lots of Satine and Mandalore in there. Knowling Filoni, of course Mandalore would work its way in. Based on the Season 4 reccomendations, Cad Bane may also make an appearance.

I think just to set expectations the right way and without spoiling, you guys probably shouldn't read too much into those disney recommendations ... they just picked episodes that were obi wan focused.

And for those disappointed, considering Hayden and Ewan's wife are working on Ahsoka, there's no way Ewan doesn't shoot clone wars stuff for that.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I'm excited and I hope to god this is good.

I was initially apprehensive about Vader's inclusion in this show and it took me a while to make peace with it. For a long time that came in the form of begrudging acceptance, but the more I thought about it, I was struck with a lot of potential value in what it can add to the lore.

I think it could be very interesting to see how and why Obi-Wan completely gives up on Anakin. That's a piece of connective tissue kind of missing between the new lore and the old lore. On Mustafar he tells Anakin that he loves him and can't bring himself to finish the job, while in the OT he sees Vader as no more than a mechanical monster and tells Luke the only option is to kill him.

It's not impossible to draw that line between the PT and the OT, with Obi-Wan stewing in the desert for 20 years in the interim. But I've come to realize that it does a disservice to the brotherhood those two characters had. I'd like to see Obi-Wan at least make the attempt to get through to him.
I can totally see a scene where he tries to use Padme to appeal to his better nature, with that totally backfiring and Anakin going full rage mode

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
I was expecting way worse from Boba Fett based on what I had read but ended up quite enjoying it. The first couple of eps were a little slow but generally it was pretty good.

Ssyem

Mar 15, 2022
Just found out this will release two weeks later in my region. Same thing happened with Boba Fett. I don't get it because the Marvel shows manage to drop the same minute as they do elsewhere.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I'm really hopeful, it'll be a bummer if its disappointing. Absolutely loved Mandalorian, pretty meh on Boba Fett. The one I have zero expectations going in is Andor, I still don't really understand why that is a show but I'm happy to give it a chance to show something new and interesting.

I am curious if Obi-Wan is planned as a single one off, or if it does well, would they do a season 2 or a movie or something. My guess is even they don't really know yet.

I'm currently replaying Jedi Fallen Order (never got the plat) and really enjoying it, good way to get into the Star Wars vibe before the show drops

I think in most ads it's been titled a mini-series. That doesn't preclude a second season, but I would anticipate this being a beginning-middle-end kinda thing without any intent to continue it.

Obviously if it does gang busters I'm sure they'll find another thing to do with it, though.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I think in most ads it's been titled a mini-series. That doesn't preclude a second season, but I would anticipate this being a beginning-middle-end kinda thing without any intent to continue it.
EW just wrote a article about a potential second season.

ew.com

Ewan McGregor wants to make another season of 'Obi-Wan Kenobi'

Ewan McGregor offers (a new) hope for additional 'Obi-Wan Kenobi' stories and sheds light on his character's icy relationship with Uncle Owen.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I have been looking at Hayden's filmography post ROTS and WHEW.. mans was really STRUGGLING.

Glad he has the SW gig back.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
You know, we're going to totally get a flashback with him in young "Snips" Asoka and maybe a force ghost apology scene for adult Asoka and I'm not going to be ready. Just the Idea that it COULD happen makes me tear up. It will destroy me.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Hot take: They should reshoot his cameo in Return of the Jedi now that he looks a little older and is probably better at staring into the camera.

I would literally prefer this to putting Sebastian Shaw back in. Don't @ me.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Never watched (much of) The Clone Wars. I don't think I have it in me to watch all of it
About that...

Eiqta2C.png

It's gonna take me a while to get through this playlist, but I made it through the "first two" episodes and the film, and have enjoyed it so far, so I think I'll be able to stick to it. Especially since I can watch while I work. Might be able to get through it by the end of next week, maybe?

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
About that...

Eiqta2C.png

It's gonna take me a while to get through this playlist, but I made it through the "first two" episodes and the film, and have enjoyed it so far, so I think I'll be able to stick to it. Especially since I can watch while I work. Might be able to get through it by the end of next week, maybe?

Wait how do you use playlists ?

BTW guys for Clone Wars, there is one rule that never fails : you read the description of the episode, if it sounds lame skip, if it peaks your interest watch.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Wait how do you use playlists ?
I'm using my Plex server. Just go to a movie or TV series (or specific season / episode of one), click the ellipses icon, and Add to Playlist. Once you create a playlist, you can go into it and rename it or reorder its contents as needed. Can't rename on mobile though, or at least not on iOS. Have to do it on desktop.

BTW guys for Clone Wars, there is one rule that never fails : you read the description of the episode, if it sounds lame skip, if it peaks your interest watch.
Noted lol, thanks. I made it through the crap with Jabba's kid and still enjoyed it, so we'll see.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
About that...

Eiqta2C.png

If you were able to enjoy even the film then you'll definitely be able to make it through the whole series, lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
About that...

Eiqta2C.png

If you can make it through the film and still enjoy the show, then you're more than fine. There's a couple other early episodes that approach that level, but it's basically the absolute quality floor for official Star Wars content not labeled "Vintage". The chronological list also sprinkles some S2 and S3 episodes in earlier, which helps.

If you get invested, make sure to check out the Clone Wars Legacy arcs - Crystal Crisis on Utapau (canon Clone Wars arc released with unfinished animation but fully voice acted), Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir (Clone Wars arc that was never animated, but released as a comic mini-series), and the novel Dark Disciple (an adaptation of 8 unfinished Clone Wars episodes written by Katie Lucas). Their place in the timeline is listed on Lucasfilm's official chronological watchlist. I'd also recommend the Ahsoka novel, which takes place not long after Clone Wars.