• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
After some thought I think this will end with the Empire pardoning Obi Wan and exiling him to Tattooine. Just one last fuck you to the old man.

Vader and Obi are totally going to team up to fight the inquisitors.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I felt nothing watching the trailer.

The time period between episode 3 and 4 is so overdone in the last few years.
And episode 3 already put Obi Wan and Vader in place for episode 4, nothing of consequence will happen to either in their encounter, no major injuries or anything. They'll fight, one will escape, and they'll both end the series at the same place they started it.

Seeing live action inquisitors is cool though.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017

And episode 3 already put Obi Wan and Vader in place for episode 4, nothing of consequence will happen to either in their encounter, no major injuries or anything. They'll fight, one will escape, and they'll both end the series at the same place they started it.

Yeah I would have expected Maul or something instead. But I'm also not super up to date with the animated plotlines so maybe that's already been done.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still excited for this, but I wish a lot of the shots shown here were a bit more cinematic.
I feel like Disney should've thrown more money at this show since it's such an important one.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
083thkj.gif

They did their homework because in Fallen Order the second sister does this exact flourish.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I just watched the latest trailer. Is that
Second Sister?!

Oct 26, 2017
After some thought I think this will end with the Empire pardoning Obi Wan and exiling him to Tattooine. Just one last fuck you to the old man.

Vader is the one who created the inquisitors though, and not sure why he would pardon someone he deeply hates

The new inquisitor was created for someone for Obi-Wan to fully defeat, so the conflict will probably revolve around her hunt for him to impress Vader or something

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Vader is the one who created the inquisitors though, and not sure why he would pardon someone he deeply hates

The new inquisitor was created for someone for Obi-Wan to fully defeat, so the conflict will probably revolve around her hunt for him to impress Vader or something

Eh you know how Sith are, inquisitors probably see a chance to kill Vader and take his spot.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
This isn't really a spoiler since it was confirmed at the reveal that they would meet.

Apparently Obi Wan is sad & shocked when he sees Vader. In a 'wtf have they done to you/turned you into' kind of way.
Of course. It's his fucking brother.

I imagine any sadness Obi-Wan experiences will be guilt over not finishing the job when he had the chance. In Episode 3, we see Obi-Wan tell Yoda that Anakin is like a brother to him and that he can't fight him, and when the two finally meet, Obi-Wan is unable to deliver the killing blow, instead leaving Anakin to slowly die from his burns.

Anything the Empire has done to Vader since will weigh heavily on Obi-Wan; not because of the nature of the Empire but because Vader is a reflection on Obi-Wan's failures in every way.
Exactly. Just thinking about it is crushing. When Obiwan tells Anakin that he "failed him", he meant it. The line was delivered perfectly.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017

Why do you think this is going to happen? When has the Empire pardoned any Jedi? They're literally trying to kill all of them. They don't even send them to prison, they just murder them on the spot.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017

Eh, there's a ton of cathartic dialogue that would be necessary between two humans with their history that would make for dramatic and strong television. And hopefully, they really draw absolutely everything out of that confrontation, to the extent that neither has anything left to say to the other.

That being said, the "vibe" I'm getting from the trailer really has the same energy as Boba and Mando, so I'm a little concerned we won't get that.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
083thkj.gif

They did their homework because in Fallen Order the second sister does this exact flourish.

They usually do. There are a few different lightsaber fighting forms that are used across all the media repeatedly and are all based on various types of fencing and sword fighting styles and what not. All from Bob Anderson and Nick Gillard's work decades ago I think.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018

The latter could happen, to an extent. There's a bit of a history of ol' Palps trying to kill off Vader. There's a potential endgame where Vader hesitates to make the killing blow so the Inquisitors turn on him, he and Obi fight them off then continue to fight eachother. The only problem is that would wind up being fairly similar to TLJ, which, like, "it rhymes" but still.

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
The latter could happen, to an extent. There's a bit of a history of ol' Palps trying to kill off Vader. There's a potential endgame where Vader hesitates to make the killing blow so the Inquisitors turn on him, he and Obi fight them off then continue to fight eachother. The only problem is that would wind up being fairly similar to TLJ, which, like, "it rhymes" but still.

Obi Wan's view in the OT seemed to be that Vader was irredeemable when Luke talks to him in RotJ. He definitely doesn't sound like he thinks there's any hope for him - unlike Luke. I don't think Vader will pull any punches and there won't be any kind of team up that's for sure.

Also, aren't the Inquisitors all under Vader's command in Rebels, a show that is set several years after Obi Wan? There's zero chance they turn on Vader as a group.

The only likely outcome is that Vader is enraged trying to kill Obi Wan with the latter probably presumed dead having made a cunning escape.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Just on a filmmaking perspective, this looks boring and as someone who's not into Star Wars, I don't see any refreshing appeal here other than fanservice. The oddest thing is the cinematographer is Chung-hoon Chung, who did most of Park Chan Wook's films like The Handmaiden, Lady Vengeance, Oldboy, Thirst, and Stoker!!! It doesn't look as flat as a Marvel film but visually, it just seems average. But probably with all the VFX that you'd have on a show like The Mandalorian, the shooting schedules, and the lack of bold direction, maybe you don't get much room compared to films to express your talents.

Last edited:

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
100% agreed, this really should have been a movie. Disney based their decision to wholesale cancel all the anthology films off the poor performance of a movie that no one wanted to begin with. This however is a story that fans have wanted forever, it would have been guaranteed to do big numbers at the box office.

I'd prefer it as a series like this because we get way more content with Ewan as Obi Wan than we would do with one movie.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Bad Batch happens during and immediately after Revenge of the Sith.
Here's the timeline:

The Clone Wars Season 7 - 19 BBY
Revenge of the Sith - 19 BBY
The Bad Batch - 19 BBY
Jedi Fallen Order - 15 BBY
Obi-Wan Kenobi - 10 BBY
Solo - 10 BBY
Star Wars Rebels - 5 BBY - 1 BBY
Rogue One - 0 BBY
A New Hope - 0 BBY

Was very shocked by this as i thought Fallen order happened like 10 years after revenge of the sith, but turns out Cal is bloody 17 in that game which is hillarious haha

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like people give Jedi Fallen Order too much credit for Inquisitors lol.
They were in Rebels long before Fallen Order. The only thing from Fallen Order I'd argue is the base.

seventh-sister.gif
I feel like the regency and photoreali of fallen order is why they would refer to it instead of Rebels. It ran so FO could fly.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Vader is going to fuck Obi Wan up in this, I can feel it.

All I want is for Vader to take off his mask to look Obi in the eyes, so Obi can see what he did by leaving Ani to burn alive.