• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Judging solely from a communications perspective - As an amazing orator, this type of presentation does not play to Obama's strengths unfortunately. Professor Obama comes out rather than President Obama.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
This title should just simply be "The president addresses the nation about racism in the police force"

Method

Oct 25, 2017
Judging solely from a communications perspective - As an amazing orator, this type of presentation does not play to Obama's strengths unfortunately. Professor Obama comes out rather than President Obama.
I don't mind. I like to hear this Obama sometimes too. Very thoughtful

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you're complaining about Obama's atmosphere for this speech, that just goes to show you how low the bar has been set in the past 3 years.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
A former president having to come in and be the president because the current one is absolutely evil and uncaring.

I have to believe Barack knew his term didnt really end once he handed over the reigns.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
Just the contrast of Obama speaking to the human butter chicken in office. This is a president.

pechorin

Banned
Apr 13, 2020
do you guys think if Biden won that Obama would join his administration in some capacity?

Jimmypython

Oct 27, 2017
haha former president and vice president are doing the job of the current one.

wait to see Trump yell "COUP!"

Rhaya

Oct 25, 2017
I know he won't, but after see the raw emotional from John Boyega it would be incredible if at some point in the speech Obama dropped the eloquence and calm demeanor and had a moment, even if brief, of just being raw and real in whatever form that is for him. I don't expect him to start dropping f bomb and staying fuck the police, but one sentence of him dropping the presidential almost performative nature would really connect with me.

Either way I'm looking forward to this.

Sou want him to have a N***A moment ? :p

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
God DAMN i missed someone talking like a real human would talk addressing the nation.

sonder

Banned
Mar 18, 2020
Just listing out his 3 direct calls to action.

1. Review evidence-based reforms to build trust and save lives. All contained in the 21st Century Policing Task Force report from 2015.
https://cops.usdoj.gov/pdf/taskforce/taskforce_finalreport.pdf DIRECT PDF LINK

2. Mayors/Elected officials need to follow through with the report. Review use-of-force policies and commit to these reforms. https://www.obama.org/mayor-pledge/

3. Every city/town/etc should be a My-Brothers-Keeper community. https://www.obama.org/mbk-communities/

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Obama's message of peaceful solution, progressive action, and reconciliation is such a stark contrast to the current President's message of denigration, violence, and division.