• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
www.cnn.com

Obama urges young black people to 'feel hopeful even as you may feel angry' after George Floyd's death

Former President Barack Obama on Wednesday personally thanked protesters in the streets across the nation following the death of George Floyd, and urged young African Americans to "feel hopeful even as you may feel angry" because he feels change is coming.

CNN said:
Former President Barack Obama plans to address in a virtual town hall Wednesday night the death of George Floyd, stressing the importance of "ensuring that this moment becomes one for real change" and that the protests around the country lead to new policies, according to an Obama aide.

Those comments will mark Obama's first time addressing Floyd's death on camera, via the video-conferencing service Zoom. In recent days, he has addressed it on social media as well as a lengthy Medium post.

#takeobamalive trending to get TV stations to broadcast the speech live tonight

Edit:

Last edited:

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
For a brief moment, we're all going to be back in 2010 again, remembering what a real president is like and that is a sad thing to have to type.

Meanwhile, bunker bitch is hiding away.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Never thought I'd see an ex-US president, and a ex-US VP, act better than a current president.. but here we are.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Let's just keep calling him President Obama and convince everyone else to call trump Mr Trump and maybe things will just work themselves out.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Ah, the seven sweetest words in the English language.

WFih3ZV.png

AnilP228

Mar 14, 2018
It hasn't even started yet but this is already far more than Trump will ever do to the cause.

Obama is a terrific organiser. He will play a part in the next election.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
I know he won't, but after see the raw emotional from John Boyega it would be incredible if at some point in the speech Obama dropped the eloquence and calm demeanor and had a moment, even if brief, of just being raw and real in whatever form that is for him. I don't expect him to start dropping f bomb and staying fuck the police, but one sentence of him dropping the presidential almost performative nature would really connect with me.

Either way I'm looking forward to this.

borat

Banned
Jan 2, 2018
User Banned (1 Month): Concern trolling, prior ban for dismissive commentary concerning blackface
For a brief moment, we're all going to be back in 2010 again, remembering what a real president is like and that is a sad thing to have to type.

Meanwhile, bunker bitch is hiding away.

obama sucked, he had a chance to change things massively