• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It never ceases to amaze me just how differently Obama reacts to and responds to crises compared to Trump. Trump's tweets are always somehow about HIM or about how evil other people are, whereas Obama's responses always talk about the human effects of tragedy.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, look at that. What an actual statement from a president is supposed to look like.

Oct 27, 2017
Glad he didn't waste a single sentence on lip-service about property damage, or being peaceful. Straight up that Black America is hurt, and it's up to the police and officials to do what's been long overdue.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Leaving it up to the police and officials will never result in anything positive.

You can't just ask officials and police to change please. Please stop oppressing minorities please sirs.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User banned (1 week): trolling over a series of posts
His last paragraph is shit. Coded language saying not all cops are bad and calling the protestors thugs.

I'm not surprised though, Obama has used the word frequently. I wouldn't look to Obama during a crisis like this.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1cl7u4.jpg

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Leaving it up to the police and officials will never result in anything positive.

You can't just ask officials and police to change please. Please stop oppressing minorities please sirs.

Well, we had a working federal program under the DoJ to press law enforcement agencies toward change and reconciliation with their communities...
which magically disappeared in 2017.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 week): trolling over a series of posts
In the pursuit of balance:

Something something drone strikes

something something same as when he said thug

Something something all the same

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
"the majority of law enforcement try to do the job the right way"

[citation needed]

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
His last paragraph is shit. Coded language saying not all cops are bad and calling the protestors thugs.

I'm not surprised though, Obama has used the word frequently. I wouldn't look to Obama during a crisis like this.
You are not surprised that Obama used the word thug, by literally not using the word thug in his statement?

"the majority of law enforcement try to do the job the right way"

[citation needed]
For real.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
It's unreal how much reading a leader who speaks like a normal human being feels now.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
As much as I would like for him to outright call for the arrests of the killers, I do admire his tactful well-thought-out response showing what a real leader would be doing right now.

That said, it's a boring message we've heard time and time again

Deleted member 64377

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 8, 2020
He's saying some real #NotAllCops crap there at the end, but I guess people like that sentiment as long as it's worded eloquently enough.

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
Obama did absolutely shit during the numerous times police killed innocent black people and brutally beat protestors during his presidency.

He has no moral ground.

Maybe but that isn't what you said. Disingenuously saying he called the protestors thugs in the last paragraph when he didn't even mention protestors is a shitty way of trying to ram your point into the thread.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Obama did absolutely shit during the numerous times police killed innocent black people and brutally beat protestors during his presidency.

He has no moral ground.

This is categorically incorrect.
www.cnn.com

DOJ scaling back program to reform police departments | CNN Politics

The Justice Department announced Friday that it is significantly scaling back a program created during the Obama administration to help reform police departments after controversial incidents such as police-involved shootings.

The problem people had with this methodology was that it's indirect, but the federal executive simply can't directly institute change to local law enforcement procedure. It has to be via data collection and collaborative agreement, which the COPS program under Obama managed to broker with several problematic hotspots.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is categorically incorrect.
www.cnn.com

DOJ scaling back program to reform police departments | CNN Politics

The Justice Department announced Friday that it is significantly scaling back a program created during the Obama administration to help reform police departments after controversial incidents such as police-involved shootings.

You don't give credit to someone when there is effectively no material difference with the program there vs not being there.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
That's the voice you need when a country is in crisis. Not picking fights with twitter.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
It never ceases to amaze me just how differently Obama reacts to and responds to crises compared to Trump. Trump's tweets are always somehow about HIM or about how evil other people are, whereas Obama's responses always talk about the human effects of tragedy.

Trump is a child, an internet troll.

Obama is an educated, functional adult who worked all his life and held 8 years of the most stressfull job in the world.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Trump is a child, an internet troll.

Obama is an educated, functional adult who worked all his life and held 8 years of the most stressfull job in the world.

Oh, I know. I SHOULD be used to it by now. But somehow every time Obama speaks it's like a completely different timeline cracking through into our own.