• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Even back then people cried about anyone who criticized Obama or his administrations actions, lets not be ignorant about the facts

Liberals go to sleep when corporate democrats in power and its a problem...hell many are still asleep now with this hollow resistance.

That's what the overton window being allowed to move has done
If you didn't think people criticized obama when he was president, you were not paying attention. Dude couldn't even wear a tan suit without people losing their shit.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
It was a tone deaf and dumb thing to pull but most of the fault was at the state government of Michigan

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
He absolutely did not say "everything was fine", and you have to be completely dishonest about the context in order to claim he did.

This is in 2016 in the midst of efforts to help fix things, not in 2014 months after the swapover.
He didn't say everything is fine. Drinking water is a stunt to show things are not as bad as they seem.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
If you didn't think people criticized obama when he was president, you were not paying attention. Dude couldn't even wear a tan suit without people losing their shit.

I'm talking about democrats. Not Republicans. Everything was put under that partisan lense back then. partially because the GOP were insane megalomaniacs literally didnt(and dont) belive in governing. But also, because every critic of the administration from the left was straw-manned as helping the republicans, kind of like now.

The amount of back and forths and gnashing of teeth wont be easily forgotten by myself, especially over things like DAPL. I remember that whole standing rock kerfuffle. Atleast back in the late 2000s corporate media wasnt as consolidated, MSNBC had a few voices who would criticize Obama on the issues at some points.

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
He's talking specifically about liberals who would ignore or excuse Obama's actions like started a war in Yemen, funding regimes that used child soldiers, or drone strikes, one of which killed an American teenager.

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There are a lot of self professed "progressives" here that are anything but. Not surprising, honestly.

Step into any thread dealing with race or gender identity and a lot of white "progressives" show their asses and their privilege almost instantly.

Always a treat to watch them justify their family/friends bigotry and reluctance to upset the apple cart during family Holidays or get-togethers as well.

Much easier to come in and slander Obama and call him an Uncle Tom though.
Who are these white progressives? Quote them.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Did someone not tell some of yall that Obama isn't president anymore or...?

Hate how it has to be so binary/black and white with a lot of people here. There were things he did I agree and disagree with. Still would rather have had him than Romney.

And I don't agree with the "stunt" but... what does this have to do with ANYTHING right now? I'm so confused. Did something happen with Obama recently?

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
1. He didn't say everything was fine; he said that the filtered water is safe to drink (which was what was in his glass) and that they still needed to replace the pipes.

2. Unrelated, but he barely even took a slip. If you're going to do a "stunt" as he said, you need to commit. Chug that shit!
Yeah. Watching the video he made it clear at multiple times that it was currently filtered and those pipes still needs replacing. The situation was still undesirable and he made it known. I'm fine with the sentiment.

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3 months ban for 'racism' on a black person that is levying criticism of Obama. It may be harsh criticism, but if anyone's entitled to make it, it's a black person who has personal stakes in the flint situation.

What's going on? Because this isn't even the first questionable ban of the week.

Anyways, the fact that flint still doesn't have clean water is a massive problem, and taking some sips one day doesn't change that.
Indeed. He even clarified he had family from there.

If criticisms of certain ppl are off limits the staff need to be upfront about that.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The Flint Michigan water crisis is absolutely a serious issue and should be discussed. However, due to the poor framing presented in the initial topic it is unlikely this thread will generate healthy conversation

Status
Not open for further replies.