• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
www.nytimes.com

Biden and Trump Barnstorm a Midwest That Is Now a Virus ‘Red Zone’ (Published 2020)

A federal judge ordered the U.S. Postal Service to implement “extraordinary measures” in 22 districts. A conservative voter-rights group in Minnesota asked the Supreme Court to block the governor’s order mandating face masks in public places.
President Trump has called off plans to appear at the Trump International Hotel on election night and is likely to be at the White House instead, according to a person familiar with the plans.

Advisers had said privately that Mr. Trump was going to appear at his namesake hotel in Washington for an election night party for which his campaign had sent out multiple fund-raising solicitations to his supporters.

"November 3rd will go down in history as the night we won FOUR MORE YEARS. It will be absolutely EPIC, and the only thing that could make it better is having YOU there," read one solicitation from the president that included an image of Mr. Trump and the first lady, Melania Trump, under the words "Join us on election night."

It was unclear why the plans had changed. But the prospect of the president appearing on the night of the election at the hotel was certain to reinforce concerns about Mr. Trump mingling the office with his business.

It would also reinforce questions about whether the hotel would be in violation of Washington coronavirus restrictions limiting gatherings to 50 people. And a party would have to be paid for by the campaign, which is facing a cash crunch in the final weeks of the race.

A spokesman for Mr. Trump declined to comment.

The last-minute change comes at a time when the president's opponent, former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr., has maintained a substantial lead in national polls and a smaller one in several key states.

He fucking knows he's going down.

clearacell

Oct 27, 2017
He wants to save the embarrassment. I wish I would see all the Trump flags hang in shame and crying old white men in MAGA hats

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The campaign probably doesn't have enough money to pay for it and no way are Don Jr. and Eric going to provide them a discount when there's money to be made

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
MiserlyGlitteringHamster-max-14mb.gif

Oct 27, 2017
It's never clear with Trump how much he and his campaign know about the race, but this, his begging for women to support him, his begging for seniors to support him, bragging they're WAY AHEAD IN TEXAS, constantly talking about a red wave, cherry picking junk R pollsters, and the general desperation to seem like they're winning sure makes it seem like they know they aren't winning.

Mar 3, 2018
Not to derail or be a pessimist, but I wont be satisfied until its official. Its so hard to read the situation right now because he is acting so aloof. Either he knows he's going down and hiding, or he is confident that he will steal the election via some supreme court fuckery so he is being super nonchalant about everything.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Flashback to early on 2016 night when people were laughing at the cake at the Trump party.

Don't get complacent just cuz they cancelled the party.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Advisers had said privately that Mr. Trump was going to appear at his namesake hotel in Washington for an election night party for which his campaign had sent out multiple fund-raising solicitations to his supporters.
So any funds raised for this cancelled event will be refunded to donors, yes?

(Lol, I crack myself up.)

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
I want to believe he'll be sulking, but I know he'll be scheming with the lawyers...and sulking.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I hope this is a sign that IF (IF!!) he loses, he won't try to fight it in the courts and steal the election

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
The campaign probably doesn't have enough money to pay for it and no way are Don Jr. and Eric going to provide them a discount when there's money to be made
They were probably counting on that Wisconsin GOP money to fund the party. And some hero beat them to it by bilking them for $2 million the other day.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
A realistic working theory for why he's doing this is also likely because the hotel would need to abide by local ordinances regarding how many people can be gathered in one spot during COVID.

Since the White House is on federal land, Trump has final say on how many people he can have there. And if he loses he could go out on the White House balcony and give his defiant "we're challenging the results to the Supreme Court" speech to the cheers of supporters.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I won't celebrate anything until it's called nation-wide.

... But I hope he feels a nation-wide rebuke in his very soul to his dying days.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
He thinks he's going down. Let's make sure reality lives up to his expectations.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any MAGA parties or podcasts being streamed on election day? I want to see these fuckers cry.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Man, they better get a biohazard team to clean and sanitize the White House before Biden moves in.