• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
If you didn't want the Democrats to use it against you you shouldn't be blocking efforts to prevent it

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Key fact: "outgoing acting Director of National Intelligence," a career professional.

Trump nominated a new DNI, a Trump loyalist, which will absolutely impact how and when the IC shares information with Congress.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Already known. I don't think they could sway enough votes as the midterms and special elections have shown. Overall people vote Democrat, just turnout is usually low. But not lately.

Democrats should plaster this on headlines, open up new articles of impeachment. Drag this bitch man in the mud. Obstruct all legislation.

Oct 27, 2017
There's only one solution, we need to get a foreign power to interfere with our elections interference so we win.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
Key fact: "outgoing acting Director of National Intelligence," a career professional.

Trump nominated a new DNI, a Trump loyalist, which will absolutely impact how and when the IC shares information with Congress.

I just don't understand why these people resign instead of holding the line at least a little. They have to know what they're going to be replaced with...

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
I just don't understand why these people resign instead of holding the line at least a little. They have to know what they're going to be replaced with...
He didn't resign. He was in an acting capacity. DNI is a politically appointed position -- it's supposed to be held by someone nominated by the President and confirmed by the Senate.

probably they resign and save their pension, or be fired and lose it
Maybe in some cases, but not in this case.

Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
He didn't resign. He was in an acting capacity. DNI is a politically appointed position -- it's supposed to be held by someone nominated by the President and confirmed by the Senate.

Maybe in some cases, but not in this case.

Right I don't really buy the "resign" line to begin with .

Also the "Acting" roles do not need to be Senate confirmed and it's allowed Trump to run this clowntrain

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
True, but I feel Democrats behind getting us an inspiring nominee. We're coming up on March of the election year and I have no idea if they plan on going with Bernie, Biden, Warren, Bloomberg, or one of the other many options they have there. There isn't a clear cut, strong front runner like we had the years of Hillary, Obama, Kerry, or Gore.

I dunno, maybe I'm jumping the gun or I'm not paying attention, but I feel at least for President, the race is lost and we need to fight hard for more Senate and House seats.

Pretty much where I'm at. I'll support whoever the nominee is but I've already accepted that we'll be stuck with this fascist pig for another term but at least we can try to take the Senate.

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Of coarse Trump would be upset that Democrats would "exploit" this by telling the American people.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Trump thinks he is invincible because of his being acquitted by the Republican-stacked Senate. The only way we can stop him is at the ballot box.

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
I feel sorry for the people still living in the delusion they are getting their democracy back in 2020.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that career political Republicans and average on-the-street Republicans are totally okay with this, and even EMBRACE it, "in order to protect America's way of white life" is the part that's most astounding to me. So much has changed since the Reagan/Soviet era, when it was"Better dead than red," now it's "Oh, please, help us former Red, so that we can stay white, straight and Christian."

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Trump thinks he is invincible because of his being acquitted by the Republican-stacked Senate. The only way we can stop him is at the ballot box.

There's about 23 GOP senators up for re-election. Democrats would only need to flip about 4 or 5 seats to take the Senate.

Though dethroning Mitch McConnell alone would be a big win for Democrats in general.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Literally anyone not beholden to a foreign power who can win in 2020 for Dem nominee please.

Sanders. Biden. Warren. Bloomberg. LeBron. My first grade teacher. Some TikTok star. An IG fame ho. Me. My dog.

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The fact that career political Republicans and average on-the-street Republicans are totally okay with this, and even EMBRACE it, "in order to protect America's way of white life" is the part that's most astounding to me. So much has changed since the Reagan/Soviet era, when it was"Better dead than red," now it's "Oh, please, help us former Red, so that we can stay white, straight and Christian."
Trump is the personification of every ugly facet of this country. His supports don't care what he does as long as the status quo doesn't change.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Literally anyone not beholden to a foreign power who can win in 2020 for Dem nominee please.

Sanders. Biden. Warren. Bloomberg. LeBron. My first grade teacher. Some TikTok star. An IG fame ho. Me. My dog.
Not gonna lie, would support a LeBron/Your Dog ticket. Actually, and I mean this with absolute seriousness, I hope LeBron runs for something in Ohio someday.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
And Trump fired the person who shared this information. Talk about hiding the most critical thing here.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Explains the change of guard in the intelligence administration.

And the bribery with Wikileaks for a pardon.

Fucking corruption at its dumbest.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Flip the Senate so even if this bitch ass wins again he can just be impeached. So can his bum ass veep.